Beyond Delicious: Same Title Challenge (sort of)

Ummmmmmmm!

Ya see..., a noob learns something new everyday.

earthlights_dmsp_bigpipe.jpg

the visitor

He could peel a Lazton
in one long piece,
a curl that drifted down
between his knees
as I sat at his feet.
He draped it in my hair
“See, you have curls.”
smiling.

the crisp white flesh
sliced to share "A bite for you…”
but it was the red and yellow
curl I cherished, lifted carefully
from my hair that night
hung from the light to dry
slowly twisting in the air
long after he’d gone
back to Arizona
I could smell apple again
hear his laugh and long
to be seventeen too.

I'm posting this here instead of to the New Poems.

The Mystery Valiant said:
Ya see..., a noob learns something new everyday.
Well, you freaked me out. I thought, "What have I missed now? Am I suppose to do something with the challenge poems?" :D

:cathappy: oooooops i thought it was tomorrow already and i'd missed the deadline ..
silly me

Wow, already so many great poems up here...!

July 5th is the day to submit, and that my friends, is tomorrow...so get peeling :) I am on my way...

Can't wait to see the whole big basket!

:heart:

Jonagold

I wrote this a while ago, so it is not a challenge poem.

I posted a question, but I could not find the thread-- about changing the last two lines in this poem-- how Stirring wanted me to change it and I didn't want to blah blah blah and I got some GREAT advice...(where is that thread?)

someone said-- You can always resubmit it elsewhere with the last lines intact.

So I DID and it got into Lily as I originally intended...

Jonagold

Someone
made a decision to put numbers my produce.
Who assigned Golden Delicious 1045
and Jonathan 2029?
Most likely an efficiency expert.

And my guess:
at that precise moment
scientists were given divine permission
to sew flounder genes
into our strawberries
so they too can be frost-resistant.

All the way down Route 70
alpha-numeric codes on metal signs
mark the end of the corn rows.
I want my words back.
I want my words back.
The cashier does not know the name
of my onions.
She does not need to know
the name of my onions.
They are not even in season.
Vidalia
Vidalia

I whisper words with each laser scan beep.

We spit the stickers in the sink.

- Previously published in Stirring.

annaswirls said:
I wrote this a while ago, so it is not a challenge poem.

I posted a question, but I could not find the thread-- about changing the last two lines in this poem-- how Stirring wanted me to change it and I didn't want to blah blah blah and I got some GREAT advice...(where is that thread?)

Here's your Help Please thread anna.

I have submitted...

And I feel so dirty saying that! :devil:

My two are "Pink Lady" and "Delicious Pink Lady" .... two very different poems with very similar names.

I will anxiously wait for them to appear...but if I get too antsy, I may post them here. Patience is not my strong suit.

:kiss: me

Bedtime Storyteller said:
And I feel so dirty saying that! :devil:

My two are "Pink Lady" and "Delicious Pink Lady" .... two very different poems with very similar names.

I will anxiously wait for them to appear...but if I get too antsy, I may post them here. Patience is not my strong suit.

:kiss: me

They'll probably be up within 24 hours, relax and write some more. :)

Well, here it is the 6th????????

And none of the poem's were posted. I know mine's still pending and I think someone fell through the cracks again. I posted it Just shortly after midnight of the fifth and I checked, Not even a post for any of the "Challenge" in the review. So, it's the slow, long wait to see all the poem's for the challenge if they haven't been posted here already. Honestly, I'm waiting electrically to see what is there that I may have missed.

Twenty-four hour's??????? isn't that the 7th? Well then excuse me, It's just after having posted some poem's on the 30th of June and then seeing a review on them on the very next day in the afternoon..., well, I guess I'm a little anxious as this is my first "Challenge". :eek: :eek: :eek: ;) ;)

hd0508.gif

Last edited:
They're up this afternoon - although some of them I think are challenge poems but not designated as so in the title. Hard to say for sure.

Lots of interesting reading! I'll be commenting later on, when I've had a chance to digest them (pun intended) further.

I am sitting here crying my eyes out because I just realized that it is my babies last night in this house/town/state where I raised them, so sniff sniff I will try to get to the poem-babies when I can... sorry this was a bad time to host a challenge (I am not good with timing :rolleyes: )

annaswirls said:
I am sitting here crying my eyes out because I just realized that it is my babies last night in this house/town/state where I raised them, so sniff sniff I will try to get to the poem-babies when I can... sorry this was a bad time to host a challenge (I am not good with timing :rolleyes: )

take heart anna....if you did a good job, they will come back to visit often...and a whole new wonderful relationship will begin...

:rose:

It is wonderful to see so many of the challenge poems up there! I hope that in the spirit of the challenge, everyone who participated tries their best to comment on as many of the challenge poems as they can. Let's show each other support-- cos isn't that why we are here?

:D

I read quickly through a bunch (like a kid ripping through Christmas presents!) and promise to take my time in the morning....

like what I see so far! thanks for playing! :heart:

tungtied2u said:
take heart anna....if you did a good job, they will come back to visit often...and a whole new wonderful relationship will begin...

:rose:

actually, we are all going together, so I should not be sad at all, that is what matters that we are all together :) just feeling sappy and sentimental... I hate moving, but am looking forward to the adventure....

for anna...

they leave
you grieve

they learn
they return

such joy to see
they've learned to be
independent and free

but still miss you

;)

Pudding

Pudding whipped
to creamy consistency,
sets, awaiting eating

Wide eyes, eager lips
pause for proper timing
before attacking the objective

tongue stretched, tip
curls to touch heaven
find samsara, satiated

Um..., excuse me.....

I'm not seeing them. All I see is one challenge poem mentioned by Sex & Death. Congrats, wildsweetone!!! So if they're up, some one please show me the way? Damn, I can't stand being out of the loop.

Dragon3alt.jpg

Last edited:
Take a deeeeeep breath MV.... they are there, some people did not put "challenge" in the title so you have to go back to the original list so you can figure out which ones are the challenge poems.

New poems list is here: http://english.literotica.com/stories/new_submissions.php?type=poem You might have to refresh your page?

And three (at least) were mentioned in the new poems review :)

now exhale....good....

I think you need a good massage... (right after me :D )

so far, these challenge poems have come up, sorry, no links yet :)

Jonathan - (Beyond Delicious) -
Submitted by champagne1982 (Non-Erotic Poetry) 07/07/06

Esopus Spitzenburg -
Submitted by recklesschild (Non-Erotic Poetry) 07/07/06

Idared -
Submitted by clutching_calliope (Erotic Poetry) 07/07/06

Sundowner (Same Title Challenge) -
Submitted by Sealace (Non-Erotic Poetry) 07/07/06

Tydeman's Late Orange -
Submitted by Dustystar (Non-Erotic Poetry) 07/07/06

Blenheim Oranges -
Submitted by Victoria_Lucas (Non-Erotic Poetry) 07/07/06