another fetish of mine just occurred to me

adamISOeve

Loves Spam
And that one boils down to a passionate burning desire. I crave finding a soulmate of mine. One who engages her mind most any time, and who “over”thinks like me on countless matters. And for this reason, a woman who it is a genuine pleasure to talk with. Because she does not merely parrot what others say. I’m just imagining now the thrill of discovering some unique train of thought, together with her; something which had stood in the way of understanding, and now we see clearly again; both of us.

OK, it’s possible I enjoy this so much, because all we can ever be for each other is remote lovers, and I am thinking of soulmate-ship in lieu of love-making like rabbits. But my imagination tells me: a woman in my situation, who also craves deep conversations and has nobody to have them with, will long for the same I do.

You might be like many of us: attracted more to intelligence rather than a well-defined body. It does NOT mean you discard the beauty of a lady who watches what she eats and rigorously exercises, it just might mean that you find intelligence more of attraction then physical beauty.

I know I do. For years many would say I was lucky because my wife was very pretty, but she was also extremely dumb. I do not say that to be mean to her, it's just that she really was, and it made her very dangerous. She was unpredictable because there was no calculating what she would do next because she was never logical. I constantly kept her out of trouble because she would make the dumbest choices that I would help get her out of. It was a dozen years of utter frustration...

But being attracted to high intelligence women also can be a curse. When I was dating, by the time I figured out if a lady was intelligent enough for me to be attracted to her, she concluded that I was not interested, leaving for a roller-coaster of relationships. But it finally has worked out, and life is as you describe; my girlfriend and I have deep, meaningful conversations. Being a physiatrist, we often psychoanalyze the people we know, as well as people that come on the news making for stimulating conversation. Discussing the "Why's" of why people do the things they do, is far more interesting then just talking about them, or cutting them down.

Person One: 'What are you thinking about right now, let's talk. Let's share our goals and dreams and ambitions and talk about all the things we used to do as kids and what we wanted to be when we grew up and ....'

Person Two: 'I'm thinking I wish you'd shut the hell up'.

You might be like many of us: attracted more to intelligence rather than a well-defined body. It does NOT mean you discard the beauty of a lady who watches what she eats and rigorously exercises, it just might mean that you find intelligence more of attraction then physical beauty.

I know I do. For years many would say I was lucky because my wife was very pretty, but she was also extremely dumb. I do not say that to be mean to her, it's just that she really was, and it made her very dangerous. She was unpredictable because there was no calculating what she would do next because she was never logical. I constantly kept her out of trouble because she would make the dumbest choices that I would help get her out of. It was a dozen years of utter frustration...

But being attracted to high intelligence women also can be a curse. When I was dating, by the time I figured out if a lady was intelligent enough for me to be attracted to her, she concluded that I was not interested, leaving for a roller-coaster of relationships. But it finally has worked out, and life is as you describe; my girlfriend and I have deep, meaningful conversations. Being a physiatrist, we often psychoanalyze the people we know, as well as people that come on the news making for stimulating conversation. Discussing the "Why's" of why people do the things they do, is far more interesting then just talking about them, or cutting them down.
I appreciate your insghts, CuttingEdge. and the fact also that you posted a reaction to my post.

And I wish you a nice Sunday!

Back