... and so it goes ...

wtf, indeed.

The progressive tax on "free speech", aka total moderation, is now in full affect on the GB.

Apparently the concept of personal responsibility should not apply to so called conservatives?

Yet, a quick search pulls up 5 last warnings and two last warnings already given. I stopped counting after that. Still ish remains.

Three "last warnings" in three weeks.

However until and unless he posts, without the "loves spam", we have no idea if he has been banned.

The progressive tax on "free speech", aka total moderation, is now in full affect on the GB.
If you dislike the rules and operation of this privately-owned (and rather successful) website, you are certainly free to establish your own.

I.e. don't let the door hit your ass on your way out.

So we should believe he was lying? No.

Those types of threats and words have repercussions. They threaten people's ability to have any kind of security in their interaction here.

Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from responsibility.

If he had exercised a modicum of self-control then he would not be in this position.

really?

firstly,
the scenario he suggested was preposterous...
it was a test.

secondly,
even if it were not, there was no threat.
it was simply a statement of fact employing
a scenario that could be exercised by almost any one
using the freely offered info that others often provide here.

just as he has a responsibility for what he posts,
so does each of you -
to know that what you offer freely is no longer private property
and that your offer itself may incur certain repercussions...

this is not a safe place.

sarcasm and pointed wit are the first casualties of right-think...
the very verbal tools that sharpen our discourse and challenge our 'safe' places...

repercussions?

what of the repercussions of mommy stepping in and cleaning up
each time some poor soul cannot understand the subtleties of certain discourse?

are we not adults?
can we not choose what to read/believe/think ourselves?

you - or the fool who hit the panic button -
may think ish an ass for having suggested a certain preposterous course of action...

so? think him an ass!

a threat? personally?

really?

suppose i was to say that i was going to "google search" the shit out of the facts i can discern from your presence(s) here?
... a gathering of info to quench a.... curiosity

is that a threat?

certain information, freely given by you,
is, no doubt...
right here inside these "safe" halls...

we are all responsible for what we post
as we all tacitly offer a certain trust (without much real assurance)
that the miscreants who read us
expect the same...

knowing ish,
he may well have reported himself
to see how far this itchy new folly has gone....

Same people take Lit way too serious and it is a way of life.

I have posted personal info before and I have no worries. It is not a secret to my spouse that I am here. I have not done anything that could hurt my relationship. I enjoy some people here and some of the entertainment.

In all my years here, I have never put anyone ignore. Why? Because I don't really care. I have the option to walk away and do so, when I want. Lit to me, means very little.

If Laurel wants all us "oldies" to leave, all she has to do is ask. She does not have to go to the extreme of the ban, or even a "last warning". A simple PM would work.

This place is not our lifeblood, it is a place to kill time, a habit. I will miss being able to peruse my 15+ years of subscribed threads when my ban is issued.

Merely treating everyone equally.

I was banned twice, and for much less. But my account was un-banned understanding that.

Why should an "oldie" get better treatment?

I am much cuter.

Edit: And I was being reported by those "oldies" too who are supposed to be more 'trustworthy' as you imply?

So...

Last edited:
Merely treating everyone equally.

I was banned twice, and for much less. But my account was un-banned understanding that.

Why should an "oldie" get better treatment?

I am much cuter.

Edit: And I was being reported by those "oldies" too who are supposed to be more 'trustworthy' as you imply?

So...

I do not imply the desire or the need for special treatment of any kind. But when someone is warned for an infraction that doesn't exist, then is it safe to think that person's presence is no longer desired and the warning is just a gutless way to say, "your time is done here, please go away"?

really?

firstly,
it was a test.

secondly,

so does each of you -

the very verbal tools that sharpen our discourse and challenge our 'safe' places...

repercussions?

are we not adults?

may think ish an ass for having suggested a certain preposterous course of action...

so? think him an ass!

a threat? personally?

really?

suppose i was to say that i was going to "google search" the shit out of the facts i can discern from your presence(s) here?

is that a threat?

is, no doubt...

expect the same...

knowing ish,

Hacking through social networking or even hacking a forum isn't impossible, nor preposterous. Your assumption that it is, is naive.

When someone says they are working to gain private information that is a threat.

The rules are clear. If you break them, there are repercussions.

It's amazing to me how his lack of self control is being defended. What ever happened to personal responsibility?

This is not rocket science.

I'm actually a bit irritated that some people that should know better apparently don't get that and have been banned. Monochromatic interaction isn't as interesting, however because they can't figure out how to conduct themselves they are getting banned. I may not like Ish but I do like arguing/ debating with him on occasion. But because he couldn't figure out that 2 + 2 = 4, he may well be banned.

How fucking stupid is that?

If you dislike the rules and operation of this privately-owned (and rather successful) website, you are certainly free to establish your own.

I.e. don't let the door hit your ass on your way out.

These are the same folks who reminded us... elections have consequences ... right up until they lost a BIG one, only to cry foul!

(OBTW, loved that left wing beauty contest they called the 'Lit Hall of Fame induction')

I do not imply the desire or the need for special treatment of any kind. But when someone is warned for an infraction that doesn't exist, then is it safe to think that person's presence is no longer desired and the warning is just a gutless way to say, "your time is done here, please go away"?

That risks being subjective.

really?

firstly,
it was a test.

secondly,

so does each of you -

repercussions?

are we not adults?

so? think him an ass!

a threat? personally?

really?

is that a threat?

is, no doubt...

expect the same...

knowing ish,

tis strateg is
a waste of
time.

Please don't leave. Otherwise, who would I harass for shaved pussy pics? (Love your cute little clitty, btw.) :devil:

Our presence here is taken for granted in every way similar to the weekly attendance of NFL 'fans', and we've been threatened, banned, and warned endlessly. Getting a circling of the vultures when we say something not in keeping with the expected paradigm gets the traditional beatdown. But the one thing Lit fears most, is that they will wake up one day and we won't be here. Like the 1950's when the inner cities were drained of the talented hard working support it had taken for granted, today the inner cities can be burned down by their own inhabitants, and only seem to improve when it happens. Lit dwellers often seem in that same way intent on burning down their own house as well. Maybe they'll miss us when we're gone? Individually, they cheer our departures, but when things get this quiet, there's fear in the air.

Life's less entertaining version of the slip~n~slide?

Yes.

Common sense and the ability to be objective has been usurped by the histrionic subjectivity usually only seen in places intelligent adults don't frequent.

And Jezzi, this part is not for you, as you are a dear. I'm just too lazy to click another window. :)

And while I'm at it. I have long held the opinion that if a person is quick to imply and/or insinuate untoward behavior in a poster they don't like, it is an indication of the level of degenerate, depraved behavior that exists in their own life. Raise you hand and point your finger, you will find 3 pointing back at you.

Maybe i haven't done enough research but I dont see the part where they would care if everyone left. Is there someway they ( laurel or whomever ) make profit from this site? While not getting into the NFL fans thing i fail to see the billion dollar cash cow here. I dont see ads or anybody paying for anything or how the site profits in anyway. Maybe its a cynical view on things but put in the context of those parameters I just dont see it.

Maybe i haven't done enough research but I dont see the part where they would care if everyone left. Is there someway they ( laurel or whomever ) make profit from this site? While not getting into the NFL fans thing i fail to see the billion dollar cash cow here. I dont see ads or anybody paying for anything or how the site profits in anyway. Maybe its a cynical view on things but put in the context of those parameters I just dont see it.

Perhaps you are only looking at the forum?

Perhaps you are only looking at the forum?

Yes, upon further googling I see where they get money from now. i really only ventured to the story sections or forums.. Here it is , clear as day on Wiki...

I guess pass me the dunce hat..

Other services
The site has also published collections of stories under a "Best of" banner, and makes income through ad sales, and links to webcam, adult video on demand, and an online adult store.

Dollie

We, as in husband and wife, dislike a lot of the constant name calling. Some times we dislike Ish, Lancie, and others. Then again, we do like things Ish, Lance, and others do to keep this place fun or at least entertaining.
So far we have not blocked anyone or reported. When I get on a board I rarely even know which one I am on. I just click things that make me curious. If I'm no longer curious or I'm upset, I try not to comment. that just feeds the trolls, Alts, or whatever those little buggers are.
It's so easy to just click another thread or go have a drink while watching TV.
Of course, our life was fine without Lit and it'll be fine while here sharing and caring.

I don't even know how to use a computer and look at the trouble I can get in with my husband's help. Blame him if I screw up.

Back