Alaska is my home, come visit and leave your cash

Status
Not open for further replies.
10543623_575201439273679_8896303842927246419_n.jpg

That's pretty cool, a flash flood or an intentional thing?

attachment.php

It's amazing how quick and agile a moose can be at times, other times quite literaly a bull in a china shop.

I remember hunting a while back, not having a moose tag and we jumped a huge bull unintentionally while attempting to move quietly into a spot that elk moved through at the end of the day. I have never heard so much noise as the thing crashed through the bush, another time I walked right by on at about 50', never noticed or heard a thing and my partner saw it come out just where I had been and slink off. It waited for me to pass and then made less noise that a rabbit.

attachment.php

It's amazing how quick and agile a moose can be at times, other times quite literaly a bull in a china shop.

I remember hunting a while back, not having a moose tag and we jumped a huge bull unintentionally while attempting to move quietly into a spot that elk moved through at the end of the day. I have never heard so much noise as the thing crashed through the bush, another time I walked right by on at about 50', never noticed or heard a thing and my partner saw it come out just where I had been and slink off. It waited for me to pass and then made less noise that a rabbit.

As agile as that looks, I've been woken up from a moose right outside my window, from merely walking. Their steps on soft grass, I could hear their weight beneath their hooves.

I like this moose picture. It looks kinda cute, which is something I rarely use to describe an adult moose.

We, in New England, are still required to wait the Regulation defined amount of time for the weather to change, even, though, the five minute wait is behind the times.

Keeping that Brew Free! Or Die IPA all to yourself ?
(Fine! I will go search for some. I have a hankering
for beer bread.)

Lost hiker survives 2 chilly nights in Alaska's Chugach State Park

*sigh*

This looks to me to be a case of utter dumbass-ness. Why the fuck do you go out for a day hike in the mountains when the weather is coming in? And when it turns to shit, why not just turn around and go back the way you came? It would have been all downhill to ER Nature Center. Personally, I'm not a fan of cold-ass rain and no visibility. Maybe that's his thing?

Lost hiker survives 2 chilly nights in Alaska's Chugach State Park

*sigh*

This looks to me to be a case of utter dumbass-ness. Why the fuck do you go out for a day hike in the mountains when the weather is coming in? And when it turns to shit, why not just turn around and go back the way you came? It would have been all downhill to ER Nature Center. Personally, I'm not a fan of cold-ass rain and no visibility. Maybe that's his thing?

Natures way of thinning the herd?!?

This ash is from a 1912 eruption......

Special Weather Statement
National Weather Service Anchorage Ak
1142 Am Akdt Tue Oct 14 2014

Akz171-150030-
Kodiak Island-
Including The City Of...kodiak City
1142 Am Akdt Tue Oct 14 2014

...resuspended Ash From Katmai Volcano...

Strong Northerly Winds Across The Aleutian Range Have Resuspended
Ash From Katmai Volcano. Trace Ash Amounts Have Been Reported At
Karluk On The Southwest Side Of Kodiak Island. Resuspended Ash
Should Diminish Through This Afternoon As Northerly Winds Weaken Across
The Aleutian Range.

I'm confused. A guy went backpacking alone, off season, in poor weather, and decided to cross a glacier at night? No dogs to keep him warm, keep him from getting lost or falling in a crevasse? No GPS/Weather radio/walkie talkie? No tent?

You're not confused.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back