A Knight Lost once found.

“Defend the weak, stand for what is right, never take up arms for an unworthy cause.”

Leyton recited his oath as he pulled her into his arms. The night was chilly, but not cold enough that he needs more than her warmth. He lifted his hands to her face, turning it to look at him, he put his lips to hers. The fire from before roared to life and his world seemed to melt away and they were alone on the mountain.

“You said in darkness we will find light, I have a correction.”

He looked at her, their eyes locked even as she leaned her face against his hand.

“We have found our light, I would never have met you without the darkness of this day. Now we will be the light that guides others out of the darkness”

He pulled her into him, their lips met again and for him, the world was filled with light. Once their embrace broke, he pulled her close, leaning his head over her shoulder, resting cheek to cheek. His hands found their match as his arms embraced her. He laced his fingers into her’s and sighed at the feeling.

“Shall we sit here all night, or should we return to our chamber.”

He used the plural and the singular in hopes she would get the idea. It was rude to assume so much, but all he could think about was holding her tonight.

“Shall we sit here all night, or should we return to our chamber.”

Cat sighed softly. His arms surrounded her, making her feel safe. Their fingers were laced together. His were calloused and so much larger than her small ones but they seemed to fit well together. She caught his words and she was tempted. So tempted. To stay there all night, like this. Instead, she turned her head slightly so that her lips touched his jaw. She pulled back slightly.

“Forgive me, but I need a bath. After everything we have been through, a bath is not only is necessary, but a welcome choice.”

Cat disentangled herself from Leyton and stood up. Turning, she left and made her way down the hill and back into the cave. The villagers had all retired for the night. She could hear the horses shifting in their cave. It wasn’t restless, but more of a settling sound. She thought of Leyton as she made her way to the bathing cave she had discovered ever so long ago.

The cave was sprinkled with those crystals that captured the moonlight that filtered through from above. It gave the chamber itself a soft, unearthly glow. Cat started to remove her clothes, keeping her back to the opening of the cave. Inviting steam rose from the pool. She sat on a small rock shelf to remove her boots before she could remove the pants she wore. Naked as the day she was born, Cat walked into the pool. The water rose, enclosing her body in warmth. She moved deeper still until she stood waist deep. Without even turning around, she reached back and unbraided her hair letting it fall gently around her shoulders. The water caressed the underside of her breasts.

Leyton’s words came back to her.

Our chamber

What she wanted, frightened her. She realized the fear for what it was, fear of the unknown. She reminded herself that Leyton would never hurt her. He would never push her into something she didn’t want. If she said no, she knew he would stop. When she was with him, she didn’t want him to stop but apparently her flight response always seemed to kick in.

She made up her mind. She would finish her bath and then seek him out and they would need only one chamber for their own.

He watched her go, he knew she needed her space and if he pushed she might run further than to the bath. He gave her a head start, he was bound to walk the same path as her. He stole one last look in the direction of the village, he could see the campfires of the men stationed there. They seemed to be quite a few, it confused him as to why the had remained. It was clear the village was empty and they had been sure to hide their trail when they moved the people here. It didn’t make sense. But, he wasn’t going to risk adventuring out to do some spying, at least not yet. Dusting off his trousers he headed down the path to the cave entrance. Careful not to disturb the townsfolk he stopped by to check on the elderly woman from earlier, making sure she was comfortable, tucking her blanket around her before heading down toward their quarters. He stopped at the entrance as he saw Cat descending into the water. The curve of her breast visible as she raised her hands to her hair. He watched as cascaded down her back as she pulled the braid from it. She gave her hair shake and it settled along her back, bright against her skin even in the filtered light of the cave. He took a step into the main chamber, she didn’t notice him. Careful not scare her he walked to the edge of the pool.

“May I join you?”

“May I join you?”

She was startled by his voice behind her. Her heart accelerated until she thought it would pop through her chest. Her consciousness of him sharpened. Her throat suddenly became dry. Cat knew what she wanted, but did she have the courage to reach for it.

Her arms crossed over her chest as she turned toward him. Her eyes caught his and held before she dropped her gaze, letting it slowly slide over him.

“If you wish.”

She tried to smile but instead she bit down on her lower lip. She could feel her breasts tighten under her arms. Cat lowered her body into the water, submerging it until only her neck and head were visible.

“ I….I thought you had gone to bed. I didn’t disturb you, did I?”

Her eyes widened and rounded as she stared at his body. Imagining…… imagining what? That he would mate with her like the animals she had watched mate?

He smiled as she sank down into the water, she was modest, that was attractive in its own way. He considered his options, then with a bit a shrug decided the direct approach was the best. He lifted his shirt off, pulling it over his head leaning forward before tossing it a short way from the edge of the pool. He hesitated for a moment, then pushing his trousers down. He couldn’t hide a bit of his excitement for the bath. He didn’t think he had ever wanted to get into one as much as he did at this moment. His manhood stood erect, the shaft rising out of the hair around the base.

“You didn’t disturb me one bit, I had stopped to check on the people before coming in, just in time to see you…undo you braid.”

He sat at the edge of the pool, putting his legs into the steaming water before pushing himself off toward her. His submersion into the water gently, a small wave radiating out from him. He took a step toward Cat, his hands at his sides, treading the water around him.

“Cat….I’m going to kiss you”

He pushed toward her, instead of making her rise to him he lowered himself to her level, his lips touching hers after smiling at her softly. His hands moving under the water, finding her waist. Their first full contact as he pulled her to him.

“Cat….I’m going to kiss you”

He came closer until he drew directly in front of her. His body was immersed in the water. The steam rising from the pool making his form hazy to see at best. The whole time he had been talking and moving toward her, she backed up until the back of her legs touched something hard and firm. A ledge. Her eyes watched him, her arms still crossed over her chest. Leyton dipped down until they were on direct eye level. Her awareness shot up further as her body gave a small startled movement when his hands found her waist, but even as he did so, everything faded away. Nothing mattered but the pounding of her heart as his lips met hers. She could feel him smiling. For some odd reason, that made her heart smile. The blood in her veins rushed throughout, making her feel flush as she answered his kiss with one of her own. This all seemed right. Leyton felt right. The palms of her hands found his forearms and slowly slid up them until they came to rest on his shoulders. Her fingers lightly dug into his flesh as her body molded against his. The water lapped gently around them. For the first time in days, she relaxed, enjoying the emotions this knight raised in her. She could feel the hardness between his legs press against her soft, firm belly. For once, she didn’t feel panic, she felt the rightness of it, as if he belonged there.

Cat had no idea how long Leyton belonged in her life, but right then and there, she decided to enjoy every moment. As he said, together they would be the light for the oppressed, for the townsfolk that rested within the walls of this cave.

:rose::rose::rose::rose:

“What do you mean they just disappeared? How does a whole village of people simply disappear?”

To say that Sir Westley was furious, was putting it mildly. He had been ranting since he had returned to the village to find it empty. How in the hell was he to explain this to the King? He paced in front of a crackling fire, his hand clenched around the hilt of his sword. It was nightfall, as much as he wanted to send some men out to scout for clues, they couldn’t see any. Very well, in the morning then.

“Loxford and Ames will lead a small patrol of men into the forest as light breaks. They will look for any clues that will lead us to where they all went. That many people and they couldn’t have gone far.”

Westley had to be content with that. For now. In the meanwhile, he sent a messenger back to the King to report his latest findings and what he planned to do about it. Delmar had a lot to answer for and Westley was damned if that knight was going to slip between his fingers. The King was notorious for his temper. It was something Westley hoped to avoid.

Leyton felt his body come alive pressed against her, every never from his head to his toes was on fire. He couldn’t help his excitement, even as it hardened and moved against the skin of her stomach, he wanted to stop and savor the sensation. His fingers pressed into her hips, he wanted her closer even as her legs parted to allow him to lift her onto the edge of the pool. For the first time, he let himself take her in. He locked eyes with her, then allowing his eyes to take her in slowly lowered his gaze down her form. The red of her hair almost blended with the flush on her chest as her breast rose and fell with her breath. With shaking fingers his hands moved up her body, he had to fight to keep his calm. He needed her like day needed the sun, nothing would sate this hunger till he had tasted everything she had to offer him. A moment’s hesitation as he thought of the consequences before the hunger met his hands on her breast. He squeezed them, bringing her pert nipples to closer to his mouth. He covered them with his kiss, teasing the hardening nubs with his tongue. Her breast tented into his mouth, he rolled her nipple with his tongue. He was isolated from the world, touch was the only sensation he had left to him. Her body was his world. His hand matched his lips hunger, leaving her breast they trailed down lifting her legs up to him. Once he had her wrapped around his waist, he pulled her off the shelf, catching her weight against him. His shaft was hard pressed against her, he moved his hips slowly teasing himself. His cock shifted slipping between her legs and for the first time, he felt the heat of her core dripping down onto him. He raised his eyes to her from her breast, pulling his teeth against her nipple as he righted his self to a standing position. Once her breast slipped from his teeth, her flesh snapping back to its rightful place he stared at her as he let her weight sink down onto him. His shaft parted her lips, he wasn’t pressed against her opening, her lips rested on either side of his girth, his cock head teasing her.

“Cat….I want you…all of you, but I want you to want it too. I won’t go any further till you ask me.”

Pressed against Leyton her heart started to pound so hard that it was a wonder he didn’t say anything. She could feel the heat of his body invade hers. To feel the texture of his skin pressed against hers invoked feelings inside her that she had never felt before. His eyes lockd on her own and she couldn’t look away although something inside her wanted to. Something inside of her wanted to run away again yet, something inside of her wanted to stay more. She felt his hands on her breasts. The wanting in her blood surged. The heat in her lower belly spread. It created an aching throb between her thighs. When his mouth touched her, her eyes closed. The sensations he was inducing in her were almost too much to endure and yet, she wanted more. His mouth enclosed around her nipple, making her arch against him. His hands found her legs, urging them to wrap around his body. To feel him so intimately pressed against her frightened and incited her. She whimpered as he rubbed his hard length against her core. Her hands found his lower back and desperately slid up his spine as she pressed against him. She needed him. Frantically so. His mouth, his teeth, left her breast. His eyes sought hers once more, locking onto them. There was no looking away. In his eyes, she saw her need magnified. His eyes blazed. She wondered if hers mirrored it.

“Cat….I want you…all of you, but I want you to want it too. I won’t go any further till you ask me.”

Her throat was dry. Fear of the unknown and desire warred within her. Desire won. Finding her voice was difficult. All she wanted to do was feel but he needed an answer. He needed to know that she felt the same way he did. The tip of her tongue peeked out to moisten her lips. Her hands floated to his shoulders and found their way to his face, framing it. God, how she wanted to kiss him. Wanted him to kiss her. Wrapped around his body it was hard to think, let alone to speak. Somehow. Some way. She found her voice. It came out low. Soft. Needful. Her eyes told him how much she wanted him. Her body trembled against him.

“Leyton… I want you too. Show me. Please.”

Last edited:
He was a driven man in life, he had run headlong into manhood, into battle, and rose to a knight through his drive. But, when Cat’s words fell from her lips and wrapped around him like a spell the entirety of the host of Heaven would have fallen before him. His hands moved her, lifting her he readied his strike. Letting her body fall controlled, he pressed into her. Somehow, the resistance of her body was expected, he allowed the weight of her to fall onto him. She tensed, her fingers found purchase in his shoulders. His nerves flared as she dug into him, he could feel her body squeeze around him, she embraced him with an intensity unknown to him. He leaned into her, pushing past her resistance as his lips found hers. His kiss was soft, his hands rested on the small of her back as he pushed her against the ledge of the pool. Placing his knee against the stone, he let her body come to rest on it, balanced there, he kept her from becoming overwhelmed. There was still more to go, and the night was young.

“Are you ok?”

He kissed her neck, letting his lips trace the racing pulse there. He could feel her heartbeat, through his lips and echoed at the source on his chest. His fingers tightened on her waist drawing her closer to him. He spread her depths as he did, his body ached from the sensation. A primal groan escaped the seal of his lips as his face nuzzled into her neck. Breathing deeply, the smell of her wild and untamed as their sex filled the air. The smell of them coursed into his lungs and he was instantly intoxicated on it. His leg slipped away as he pressed himself into her again.

She hadn’t known what to expect. How could she? There had never been a situation that readied her for this. For him. If there had been, she must have overlooked it or discarded it. Leyton was someone she couldn’t overlook. She pressed her face into the side of his neck as he lifted her. She could feel her body tighten, resisting his invasion into the most private part of her body. As he pressed upward she could feel her body stretch, her fingers digging into his shoulders. So many feelings were going through her. The need to push away. The need to encourage. Cat trusted him. She wasn’t sure why but she did. His body probed hers deeper and came against her maidenhead. Her head lifted slightly and his lips found hers. His mouth took her small cry of pain and claimed it for his own. Her body shook with reaction and with need.

“Are you ok?”

She drew a deep breath into her lungs as her body started to relax. Her inner body burned with his induction into her body. Her personal space. Cat’s eyes sought his.

“I’m fine. Please don’t stop now.”

She felt his lips on her neck, making her shiver. Her arms slipped about his neck, pulling him closer. As Leyton pulled her closer, she felt him slide deeper and her body welcoming him. She gave a small moan of pleasure. Something inside of her, some instinct, made her respond to him, knowing instinctively what to do.

“Leyton….. oh, Leyton….”

Need. Desire. Heat. All three converged upon her. She took her cues from his body. As he pushed up and into, she pushed back, taking more of him into her body. Her fingers glided up his shoulders and into his hair. Even though they stood in water, internally she got wetter, making his passage easier. Slicker. The sounds of their lovemaking echoed around them. All was well. There was only the two of the them.

He pressed into her core, enveloped in her body he throbbed with the heat of them. His hips began to quicken. Sending the waves of their motion through the pool. His hands gripped the ledge, giving him some added support as his feet planted themselves onto the floor. Leaning into her, he let his ragged breath and desperate moans cajole her body into release. He could feel the fire burning from his chest as it passed down the spine, his body tensed under her hands and he groaned as her thighs tightened around him. He was close, and he doubted his ability to restrain himself with her at this point. He was a man possessed by the divine and for the moment her body was his temple. His offering was one of passion, he spent himself inside her. Sending the result of their worship into her core. Hot and fast he filled her and rode the waves of his climax, his manhood refusing to withdraw as he molded her body to him. Her walls clenched around him even as their juices mixed and flowed down into the pool around them. His hands hurt, realizing the intensity of his grasp he held on to her with one arm cradling her against him as he supported her weight. He scraped a few pebbles that were pressing into his palm away. His voice failed him as his chest heaved as the air around them cooled his sweat-soaked form.

Last edited:
His passion drove hers. Her body simply followed his. The tempo of their lovemaking increased, driving her to dizzying heights. She could hardly breathe. It was all she could do to simply suck air into her lungs. She could feel his body tighten. The ache in her body spread.

“Leyton…..”

Her voice was breathless and she wasn’t even sure what she was asking for but she was reaching for something. Then she peaked. Her body quaked. Her soul exploded into a million stars. She desperately hung onto him, arching into his body. Her inner muscles tightened around him, rippling along his length, milking him. She had barely begun to come back to herself when she felt him press deeper into her and then still as his seed spilled into her. His breathing was harsh and hot in her ear. Her own came in short puffs. Her body became languid against his and she didn’t think she would ever be able to speak again. So this was making love. Cat pressed her lips against his shoulder. The water around them finally stilled and became calm once more. It’s warmth surrounded them and in some far part of her mind, she found it soothing. Her heart beat slowed. She rested against him, feeling his heart beat slow and his own breathing return to normal. Before long, she would want a bed and sleep but for now, she was fine where she was.

He couldn’t think, he couldn’t speak, she was the only thing he could focus on. He held her as he sat back into the pool, letting the water hold him up as she was cradled again his chest. He pushed himself against the ledge. Settling against it he let his head loll back and a deep sigh came from his chest. A moment passed, the only sound in the room was their breathing and the soft ripples radiating from around them. His hands started to caress her back, slowly moving up and down. He didn’t know the words, but he knew what he wanted to tell her.

“Cat…you are amazing. I’ve never felt anything like that, I’ve never felt that close to anyone. I could feel every part of you, it was the most amazing thing I’ve ever experienced. I know in my heart, that this is what poets would write their epic poems about. What happened between us was the muse that stirs the musician's fingers to pluck the strings into heavenly tunes. A king would find himself truly poor if he knew what a moment with you felt like”

He said it all in his mind, over and over he told her. He wanted too, but his tongue couldn’t form the words even as his eyes settled their gaze to hers. The magic of their silence following their union held them. He settled, letting them sink more, he watched as the water rose to cover her chest and come to rest at the base of her neck. He was still inside her, softening, but not withdrawn fully yet, as he leaned to kiss her lips. Letting his brush against hers, he brought his hand to her face, cupping her cheek as his kiss turned to a smile. The water running down his fingers and onto her cheek, marking it's path till the droplet reformed on her jaw, the soft sound of the it's reunion with the source breaking the silence and freeing his words.

“You are so beautiful. Will you take my bed tonight? I don’t want to not fall asleep without you in my arms.”

“Cat…you are amazing. I’ve never felt anything like that, I’ve never felt that close to anyone. I could feel every part of you, it was the most amazing thing I’ve ever experienced. I know in my heart, that this is what poets would write their epic poems about. What happened between us was the muse that stirs the musician's fingers to pluck the strings into heavenly tunes. A king would find himself truly poor if he knew what a moment with you felt like”

She listened above the wild beating of her heart, which was only now beginning to settle. With his words, she felt a flush cover her chest, the heat rising into her throat and settling into her cheeks. She hated blushing. It wasn’t something that happened often to her, she just knew she hated it when it happened even though, in this case, his words were a compliment to her. In response, she buried her face in the base of his throat. There was no denying she had felt the same way. She wasn’t sure what she had expected of her first time, but what she had just experienced would take time to absorb. Right now, she just wanted to bask in the closeness she felt to Leyton. Where this new aspect of their budding relationship was going to take them, she didn’t know.

“You are so beautiful. Will you take my bed tonight? I don’t want to not fall asleep without you in my arms.”

With a blush still flush in her face, she raised her eyes to his face. Her arms tightened around him.

“I will. There’s no place else I want to be.”

Tomorrow would take care of itself. Tonight belonged to them.

He let her melt into his arms and he enveloped her in his embrace. His chin rested on her head, as his hands found their place on her lower back, the water continuously refreshed from below kept them warm even as the night drug on. He wasn’t sure how long they had laid there, seconds? Minutes? Hours? Eventually, he silently lifted her into his arms, carrying her as one would a bride. Stepping out of the pool, the air cooling their skin as he walked to his assigned chambers. The moonlight still illuminated his footsteps and the trail of water dripping off her toes as he stepped into his room. Standing at the foot of the bed, he laid her down on the bedding, before climbing into bed with her, his hands on her thighs as he parted her legs. Adjusting as he climbed over her, his arms squeezed her breast from either side as he leaned down to kiss her lips. His kiss was long and slow, savoring the feeling of her lips and the warmth of her breath as he pulled away.

She cradled her head against his chest as he lifted her. The trip was short. She felt the bed behind her knees just before he laid her down on the bedding. His hands were warm and confident as they passed over her thighs before parting them. Cat could feel the desire rise again in her body. Felt her core grow wet and pulsing as she waited for him to join their bodies together yet again. His lips covered her own and she was lost. The world around them faded away. When his head lifted, she drew it down again, but stopped shy of meeting his lips again.

“Leyton….” She whispered, her eyes fluttering open to look at his face so close to her own. Her body arched up to meet his, feeling the soft tip of him slide just between her lower lips. Her thighs fell completely open, “Oh please…. Leyton…. “

This was a world so new to her. Demanding in its own right. Was this something that could become an addiction? She didn’t know. She didn’t care. At least, not at the moment. One hand slipped behind his head, her fingers curling into the hair at the nape of his neck. Her other slid to his chest, her palm curling against his heart. He made a beggar of her, but in this, she didn’t mind.

She pulled him into her, her body opening to his touch and he took her as she was offered. Pushing into her, the new angle drawing him into long slow strokes. Holding himself up with one arm, he held her face as his hips rocked in rhythm with the shared breath between their kisses. His fingers trailed down her face, across the racing pulse in her neck, and down the length of her arm. His fingers wove into hers as he lifted her right arm above her head, pinning her hand down by the wrist, he repeated it on the left. Holding himself down, by pinning her hands, their fingers interlaced he rocked his hips. The sweat started to bead on his skin, even as the remainder of the bath burned away from their heat. His lips covered her moans, taking them into his own mouth and returning them as deep primal growls from his chest. Moving into a kneeling position, he pushed her hips up, thrusting down into her depths. He felt the tip of the head spread her open, her flesh tight and resistant to his own. Each time his thrust became easier, her body relaxing to him.

“Cat….”

His fingers left a trail of fire in their wake, making her need stroke higher. Her own fingertips explored the visible veins in his neck even as her face lifted, her lips tracing those same veins. His hands captured hers, first one, then the other, lifting her arms above her head, pinning them there by the wrists. There was something primal about the simple action, one that stroked her desires. The head of his cock, spread the outer lips of her vagina open, pressing inward, stretching her yet again. Her inner muscles convulsed, then relaxed, letting him come deeper inside her.

“Cat….”

The raw desire in his voice made her whimper. She contracted around his girth, milking him. Her head tossed from side to side on the pillow beneath her. Her thighs spread wider apart, letting the length of his cock sink into her. Her hips rose from the bed to meet him.

If Cat thought the first time had been something she couldn’t define, the second time was a loss of words. The heat of need, of desire, was beyond anything she could express with words. It simply took her out of herself and flung her into someplace beyond reality. There was Leyton. There was Cat. Nothing else. It was beyond her understanding how one human being could make another feel this way. Her legs lifted, wrapping themselves around his hips instinctively, pulling him deeper.

She could easily die now. Happily.

Her body opened to him, drawing him in. Her legs tightened around his waist and his mind went blank. Looking down at her ecstasy, feeling her wrapped around him, the pulse of her body teasing out every drop of him from his cock. He could see her, feel her, but his body moved on its own. His hips pumped instinctively picking up their pace as she continued to writhe under him. He moved her hands together and pinned them with one of his, his other moved to her chest, pinning her down to the bed as he pumped into her. He could feel her heat and her breath under his palm as she pushed back against him.

Through the haze of their lovemaking, he could hear the bed creak under them, the feeling of his balls hitting her ass, the feeling of his sweet rolling down his chest, and her juices flowing onto him. It was the purest need he had ever felt; his mind fell back into his body as his thrust got more erratic. His voice lost to the hunger that lay in his heart. Deep moans filled the room with his need before his mouth found hers once more. He mouthed her name onto her lips over and over again. Her name became a chant in his mind as he started to lose control, he couldn’t hold back, and he came. Filling her with his seed as his lips fell from hers and onto her neck. Kissing her slowly as his heart pounded in his chest. His mind started to clear and his focus came back as his hips slowly rocked back and forth. His hand moving off her chest to let her move more freely, his other hand still holding her’s down. His pulse softening as his breathing matched hers, a smile taking over his expression.

“Cat..”

Somewhere outside the room, the sound of rain filtered through the rocks. Filling the chamber with an otherworldly ambiance.

Their lovemaking had no description. At least for her. Cat could feel her heart beating still quite erratically against his chest.

“Cat..”

She couldn’t even lift her head from his collarbone to meet his eyes. Her arms were loosely wound around his waist. Eyes closed. Her breathing was slowing, coming closer to normal. Her limbs felt weak.

“Hmmmm…..”

She managed that much with a weak smile. Her arms gently urged his body to rest upon hers as she felt her consciousness slowly slipping away. It was such a delicious feeling. This wonderful lethargy that enveloped her.

The core of her femininity still pulsed lightly and felt extremely sensitive. The bulk of his seed rested inside of her, some of it overflowed and slipped from her body. Her internal muscles contracted around him, pulsing along his length just one more time before she completely relaxed.

Some obscure thought poked at her conscious mind, but it was vague and soon gone, replaced with a feeling of well-being. Her body, though it rested under his, grew slightly chilled and she burrowed closer to his heat.

He was spent, his body struggled to stay awake, but his soul was aflame. He wanted more of her touch, every point of connection between their bodies was a leyline of energy for him. If the world had magic, this was the secret pact that brought it into existence. Perhaps that is why his erection still refused to lessen. He had never felt close to this way during sex. Something was different about this time. He felt Cat's need, it was intoxicating and drove his own desire as they fed off each others passion. He was sure that this fire in his body was going to reforge his soul, turn him into something he hadn't been before. She wanted to need him, and he wanted to give her a sense of peace in his arms.

The fire inside him was making him into her shield. Already could feel a peace that had long been lost to him when he though of her being protected. She was his to protect, already they were bonded through circumstance. Now they shared something more.

Her delicate hands pulled him down to her and out of his mind. Shifting his weight to his right arm to let him lay on her, moving on hand to her side. He rolled, pulling her with him. Their bodies never separating, he let her come to rest with her hair a red wave across his chest. Taking a moment to adjust, cradling her as her soft moans and sleepy rambling soothed his mind. A wave of relaxation crashed over him, every muscle in his body felt like new. He couldn’t remember the last time he existed without tension. It was a beautiful feeling that brought a smile to his face and made his arms pulled Cat closer to his chest. He felt himself slip out of her followed by a trickle of fluid, the sensation relaxed him and his eyes closed as she nuzzled into him.

The rain continued outside, the cave keeping the warmth of the day and fires from fading too quickly into the moist air. The moon rose to its zenith, as they fell to dreams and the world around the cave was quite. Soon dawn would break, and the momentary escape of each others embrace would end.

All to soon the telltale sounds of movements filtered through the hallways down to their quarters, the cave was alive with the movements of people preparing for the day. He wondered what the day had in store for them, he felt Cat’s weight on his left and he gently rocked her with his hand on her hip. His tone was sweet and playful a smile stretched across his features as he talked and took in the body from her ample breast pressed against his arm down the curve of her hip as her leg draped over his. He couldn’t tell if the morning or she was what had stirred him so early.

“Cat. Cat. My little wildflower, the sun has beat us to the sky, shall we go and greet it or can I convince you to share a few more moments alone with me?”

Last edited:
“Cat. Cat. My little wildflower, the sun has beat us to the sky, shall we go and greet it or can I convince you to share a few more moments alone with me?”

She woke gently with a yawn, her arms rose above her head as she stretched, then settled around his neck, drawing him tenderly toward her as her eyes opened. A smile softly played across her lips.

“It wouldn’t take much convincing at all, Leyton….”

Leaning upward, off the bed they shared this night’s past, her lips had barely touched his when the commotion in the shared chamber beyond reached her ears.

“CAT. CAT! COME QUICK…… WHERE’S CAT?!”

Cat stilled, drawing back from Leyton. All she could do is simply stare at him for a moment before her limbs started into action. She threw back the covers and rose from the bed and grabbed up a towel that was carelessly thrown on the floor. She hastily wrapped it around her body.

“Leyton, something’s wrong. We have to go…..I need my clothes.”

Without another word she dashed from the room and headed for her chambers, where she hastily dressed before making her way to the antechamber. Her fingers combed through her red locks, braiding it.

“Braden! What’s wrong? What’s going on?”

She addressed the youth who had shouted her name. He approached her, standing before her breathing hard.

“They come. They’re flanking us. The King’s men.”

Cats hands descended on the youth’s shoulders and gave him a reassuring squeeze.

“Thank you, Braden. Go. Fetch yourself something to eat then I want you to gather the women and children and led them into the far back chambers. Go quietly. Ask them to keep the children as quiet as possible.”

Her eyes rose to move from man to man who had gathered in the ante chamber.

“Let us not panic. They do not know we ae here. They don’t know about this place. Be as quiet as possible. Keep the animals calm. Leyton and I will go out and scout out the King’s men. Nigel, take several men and move through the forest north of here. Do nothing more than watch them. If you have to do anything, do it as quietly as possible. Leyton will take a few men and scout out the men to east of us and I will do the same to the west. They are coming from the south, from our homes. We need to know how many there are before we drive them back to the King with their tails between their legs like the dogs they are.”

Last edited:
Cat cleared the bed and was in action before Leyton had really registered what was going on. Her lips still tingled on his as he caught up with her. Securing his sword belt on and adjusting the black bow on his back he watched with a slight smile. She was giving orders better than any general he had served under before. He couldn’t help but smile and nod as she gave him his marching orders. She really was inspiring, once the room turned to finish her orders, he walked up behind her, letting his hand trail down her back softly and come to rest on the space where her back met the curve of her hips. Leaning in he whispered softly as he walked past and searched for the men he would pick.

“You’re a natural, that was perfect. Oh, The speech was good too”

He came to a group of men situated near the front of the cave. Four of them huddled with swords and wood axes, they looked scared, their eyes wild and uncertain. They were a mix of sizes, round, large, muscle, scrawny. The youngest of the bunch looked to be no older than 20 winters. Leyton looked at the boy and remembered how terrified he had been the first time he was in a real battle. The boy held a wood ax in both hands, it was older, and the handle showed a good bit of wear, but the ax head gleamed with a freshly honed edge. Leyton broke the still of the group as he knelt a part of their circle. He felt that these four would be the right choice, and now all he had to do was introduce himself. Speaking to the boy first, trying to sound calm and confident like the man who was sending people to kill him and everyone here sounded that night so long ago. The though bothered him, and he pushed it aside as he directed his question to the boy.

“What’s your name?

The four men turned to him, and the boy swallowed loudly and spoke softly.

“Charles…. My names Charles, sir”

“Well Charles, you and your men here are going to be with me today. What are the rest of your names?”

The largest man, with a burly beard and sporting an ax of his own spoke next.

“I’m Torin, Charles is my son. These two worked with us cutting wood for the village. The scrawny guy is Anton and the portly fellow is my cousin Beldon.”

The friendly tone made it slightly disarming, but there was more meaning there. The man was clearly not sure of Leyton and was taking a position to defend his son and the other two from any threat. Including Leyton. That wasn’t a bad quality to have in a unit, but Leyton needed to know they could all work together.

“Torin, I’m glad to have you all with me today but, Charles. Have you ever swung that ax at anything other than a tree?”

“n…n..no sir.”

“Here, let me see it.”

The boy handed the ax over, the balance on it was all wrong for fighting. It was a farmer’s tool and not a fighter’s weapon. But these men weren’t warriors, they were farmers and craftsmen. Reaching for his sword he drew it and held it out alongside the ax. Playing with the weight he started to act as to favor the ax over his own blade.

“Trade me”

He handed the boy the blade before he could argue and rose up spinning the ax in his hand getting a feel for it before letting it come to rest over his shoulder.

“That’s my favorite sword, it’s got a good balance and weight. If all goes well you won’t have to use it, but I think swinging that with a purpose will be easier than this ax. Sorry, you three, I don’t have any more swords, but I think we can make sure the one sword between us gets taken care of, don’t you?”

The three men almost smiled and nodded before standing and take a deep breath. This would be the last time till they returned that that was going to be a safe action. The battle field was a fast pace world where if you forgot to be aware for a second you didn't often get a second chance.

“Let's find our fearless leader Cat, I think she said we were to go east. I also need some arrows for the bow. I think one of our priorities will be trying to “gather” a few weapons for us from our friendly arms merchants in the woods. Any of you four have experience at the market?”

To his surprise, he got a small chuckle as Torin and Beldon slapped Anton on the back as the man blushed. He wasn’t on the inside of the joke, but it was a step in the right direction. Cat was up ahead, talking to some of the men, while the rest of the townsfolk filtered toward the back of the cavern. As she turned he had to remember to breathe for a moment.

Cat felt him approach and turned to smile at him. It was a smile that lit up her eyes.

“Leyton, I see that you have picked out your men. I need you to go scout the east. Make sure we aren’t being surrounded. The King’s men have no idea where we are hiding and we can’t let them know at any cost. This has been a hiding place of ours for years.”

Her eyes maintained touch with his as she stepped a little closer to him, her hand coming to rest on his arm.

“Be careful. Do not get yourself caught or I will skin you,” she smiled, teasing him, “We’ll meet back here when the sun meets the horizon.”

She wanted the last thing she gave him to be a kiss but her shyness kicked in. Half the town was watching them. Instead she settled for her fingers to gripe his arm momentarily before she turned on her heel and headed out, gathering her men as she went. At the mouth of the cave, she turned to get one more glimpse of him before she and her men slipped away and into the forest. Just under the cover there, she sent her men to fan out to cover as much territory as possible. She wasn’t afraid to move in the forest alone. She had been playing and hunting in these woods ever since she had learned to use a bow and arrow.

The day would have been glorious to her if only this darkness wasn’t hanging over them. Her prior experience with the King’s men wasn’t a good one and she was wary. Cat moved with grace and caution, carefully minding her step. The sound of snapped twigs carried further than one thought. Her eyes were constantly looking about, on the lookout for human snares, traps and even humans themselves. So far, she was lucky.

Around the time that the sun stood at its zenith, Cat stopped at a flowing river, judiciously keeping herself in the brush until she was sure no one was about. She was extremely thirsty and once she came to the conclusion it was safe, Cat moved from her cover to the river’s edge, where she knelt to draw water into her cupped hand and sip of its coolness. It slid down her parched throat like ambrosia. Just as she was wiping her hand on her pant leg, a rope looped itself around her arms and tightened. Cat struggled against her bindings but the more she struggled, the tighter they became. Silently she cursed herself for her stupidity. From behind her the rope looped itself around her body again and again. Cat found herself then looking into the eyes of a knight. Gruffly he yanked her to her feet and pushed her ahead of himself. Cat called herself all kinds of a fool as they marched through the woods. When they came to a stop, she was relieved to see that the knights’ encampment was a good solid few miles from the cave. Dusty and weary, they marched into the camp. Her captor ordered her to sit on a log while his commander was fetched. This was not going to bode well, she knew. Her mind had been working frantically to find a means of escape before she could be interrogated.

Leyton stood there for a moment, the near kiss sizzling in the air in front of him. He smiled as she passed into the woods. Her red hair melting into the woods she called home. His men were beside him, and ready to go. All of them feeling the heavy tension in the air as they stepped out of the cave and turned east. Their trek was quiet, they saw no signs of the King’s men’s presence as they traveled. They circled almost the entire distance back to the village. They had strayed off the path a little, but they had cleared a good distance around their section and Leyton wondered what was going on at the village. The men and Leyton didn’t enter the main town but skirted through the outskirts, once or twice he caught the men looking at their former homes like a long lost memory. It was sad, but they were alive and that was more than many could say about similar situations. He was about to say something to them when a twig snapping to their side made them go alert, expecting an attack but instead being greeted with the terrified face of one of the men who had left with Cat.

“Delmar! They have Cat!”

The words slapped him across the face and gutted him, he could feel his stomach twist into a knot and the air is pulled from his lungs. The ax in his hand dropped to the ground as he tried to steady himself.
“where?”

The words came out quiet and strained, either the runner’s own rapid breathing or the sound of his men's panic but he received no response.

“WHERE!”

His second try at the question came out clear and the four men went quiet before the runner answered.

“To the south, where they camped. She was caught from behind.”

Picking up the ax, he gripped the handle tightly, it was no longer a craftsman tool.

“You four go back to the village, get the town ready just in case we need you. I’m going to get Cat, but keep a lookout and keep the fires dead tonight. No noise, and no one further than the edge of the cave”

The men looked concerned and almost ready to argue till Leyton spoke again and his body gave the impression that they had already lost this battle with his will.

“GO. Charles, take my sword. If I don’t return with Cat by morning…take it with you as you all leave this place. You will need to leave, spread out. Travel till you don’t see the King’s colors anymore. That sword will protect you, treat it well.”

Turning on his heel, he speeds away into the woods the ax in a ready position as he ran. Taking in his surroundings he calculated his chances. There was still plenty of daylight left, the woods were thick but surely the camp was in a clearing. They were plenty of knights and mercenaries with this group. He doubted he could sneak in, but taking them on head-on would end up with him getting his head cleaved off. He had to find where they had Cat first, he slowed as he got closer to the camp, sounds of men and gear moving started to drown out the forest. Dodging between the trees, he circled the camp looking for a flash of red hair. He caught sight of it as it was ducked into a tent, a long guard stood outside of it. The tent was on the edge of the camp, and the guard was on the opposite side of the tent form the camp. It was too easy, sneaking up from the side, the ax did its job. It sank into the man's neck and his head rolled off and under the tent. No scream from inside, the sound of muffled groans filtered out and Leyton grabbed the fallen guards sword and moving into the tent saw a knight with his trousers at his ankles. Before him, bent over a barrel was the red hair he had seen before. Anger bolted inside of him as the sword plunged through the knight, his hips still thrusting as blood pooled in his mouth and his body slumped over. Throwing the man to the ground, Leyton grabbed what he had thought was Cat. While the girl's body was beautiful, she wasn’t Cat, and the sight of her body marked with the signs of beatings made him angry in an entirely new way. The girl was terrified, she didn’t look barely old enough to be out on her own, much less being used this way. She pulled away from him, he had no choice.

“I’m sorry”

A quick punch to her jaw and she crumpled into a limp pile. He turned to drag the body of the guard inside the tent. Stripping the corpse he covered the girl's nakedness and threw her over his shoulder, checking the coast he ran to the wood line. Sitting her down against a tree, a twig snapped and in a single motion, he flipped the ax in his hand and swung it toward the sound. The edge of the ax stopped close enough for a shave to Charlie’s neck. The boy’s eyes were wide and he stammered trying to speak.

“Damnit boy, what in the name of all that is good and holy are you doing here”

“I…I’m sorry, I had to follow you, I couldn’t let you come alone not when you didn't have your sword.”

Leyton remembered his eagerness, and how the first battle at changed him. Charles was a good kid from the little he had seen, but he wasn’t ready for that just yet.

“Well it's good you’re here actually, I need you to take her back to the cave. She should be out for a bit longer, tie her up when you get there and don’t let her give the townspeople away.”

The boy's nod, was all he needed, helping him throw her over the boy’s shoulder, and holding his sword while Charles adjusted to her weight. When he went to hand the sword back to the boy, the boy smiled and turned away.

“I think I saw Cat on the edge of the camp closer to the river.”

They both took off in their own directions, Leyton followed the edge of the forest, looking for any sign of Cat, hoping that he hadn’t wasted too much time rushing into a situation that would have doomed them both and still might come back to haunt him. He was starting to grow worried, he had no sign of Cat and the guard’s seemed much to thin. Their numbers worried him, where was everyone else, had they overestimated their enemies numbers? So many questions, but his mind focused when he came into sight of a very pissed looking redhead, with ropes around her sitting on a log. Sneaking up behind her, he whispered her name to get her attention.

“Cat….Cat….”

Back