📚 What’s Your Story? 📚

Shi_One81

100% that bitch
Okay, so... today, after picking my kiddo up after school she came out to me as bisexual. I think I handled it well, I hope I handled it well! I made sure she knows I love and support her no matter what - gay, straight, bi, poly, etc.

But, then I got to thinking...

What’s something you wish your parent would’ve done or said to you when you came out?

This can also be a place of support for parents as we try and do the best we can to support our LGBTQ (I know I need to learn all the acronyms).

Attend a 🏳️*🌈*🌈 🏳️*⚧️*⚧️ Pride parade with them. Also I’m not sure for a child that is still a minor it would be a good idea. But coming out as a swinger oneself isn’t a bad Idea either. It opens a line of communication about sexuality that’s more personal and not text book. At the pride festival here in Atlanta , swingers , poly and parents of LGBT-Q are all in attendance and in the parade. Oddly tho , swingers are a minority in that crowd and sometimes treated as such. The Bi tribe welcomes us with open arms the most outta the LGBT-Q acronym.

:devil:

Congratulations on that trust your child has in you. That’s great Parenting.

Last edited:
Attend a 🏳️*🌈*🌈 🏳️*⚧️*⚧️ Pride parade with them. Also I’m not sure for a child that is still a minor it would be a good idea. But coming out as a swinger oneself isn’t a bad Idea either. It opens a line of communication about sexuality that’s more personal and not text book. At the pride festival here in Atlanta , swingers , poly and parents of LGBT-Q are all in attendance and in the parade. Oddly tho , swingers are a minority in that crowd and sometimes treated as such. The Bi tribe welcomes us with open arms the most outta the LGBT-Q acronym.

:devil:

Congratulations on that trust your child has in you. That’s great Parenting.

Thank you so much for the suggestions! I think PRIDE is in June here, I’ll definitely have to look further into it. I just want to do everything I possibly can for her so that she knows she’s loved and cared for no matter what. I don’t see her any differently.

this:

Continue on with this:
... she knows she’s loved and cared for no matter what. I don’t see her any differently.
She hasn't changed one bit. :rose:

You sound like you're doing the absolute best that you can to be Mom and that your best is terrific. Good on ya!!!!!

I think this is a great post.

How to be a great parent and ally for your LGBTQ+ child.

Perhaps a better name for the post.

Shi_one81 she has be told how proud you are of her and how much you love her, I have two daughters 32 and 28, the 28 yr old is a Dr. in surgical residency so I am starting to get it with daughters.

Back