Your other half

Brandnewbuddy

Really Really Experienced
So a common expression for couples, especially married ones, is one partner saying the other is their “other half” or “better half”…but what if you had a literal other half? Someone who was you but also not you?

As always, just want to brainstorm some ideas if anyone wants to make a story out of any of these, great.

1. Virgin guy dreams of a woman who is everything he is not: confident, desired, powerful, sensual, etc. he’s desperate to meet her but he just can’t seem to reach her

A. He can’t find her because she only appears when he’s asleep: she literally emerges from his body.

B. She doesn’t want him to find her: she is his other half, and if the two of them meet one of them will overcome the other and become a new complete being.

2. New bride finds out husband is keeping a secret from her: he has another half that either emerges or he’s kept as a secret in another part of the house.

…only thing is: wife starts to take a liking to the other half. For further complications, other half is another gender or sex.

3. Deeply depressed person wakes up one day to find a nude person in their house. The person explains they are the character’s other half and begins caring for them, first as a caretaker then as a lover. Our lead feels revitalized as their other half fills in all the gaps they had and has a lust for life that they never could possess.

Only thing is…while they fill in all the gaps in a positive way, their other half also fills them in a negative way, happily hurting, blackmailing, and seducing their neighbors, loved ones, and anyone our lead has thought about. So our lead has a choice, continue being loved and making love to their seemingly perfect partner and damn the world or put down a monster and the only person who knows them intimately

I definitely think there's some potential here. A magical item or chemical serum that unleashes a repressed dark side. One that changes a husband who is nearly sexually disinterested, into an animal in the sheets. Now he's giving the neglected wife everything she'd ever dreamed of sexually. Or flip the sexes, unleashing a demure wife on her unsuspecting husband and his poker buddies, when she becomes a sexual goddess who wants to be bred.

Or to go with the split idea, go the Enemy Within route. Creating an evil/sexually aggressive twin.

enemywithin_startrek_thumb.jpg

Last edited:
The "Evil Kirk" thing was my first thought, too. Lots of potential there.

My second thought was that I do have a story on this site called "His Better Half." It is based on a suggestion from this here Story Ideas forum, and is about a man whose wife is cheating on him, so he dresses to impersonate her and goes to meet up with her stud, to "teach him a lesson." Needless to say, things do not go according to plan.

Last edited:
Back