Your feelings on Requests

It’s kinda funny writing about this stuff. Feels like another person sometimes. My Saturday has been assembling IKEA bookshelves and hanging up pictures. Not many ball-gags involved, well maybe just one 😊.

Em
Yeah, I always wind up with a few parts left over from the kit that don't seem to fit, too.

Not really. Some people view BDSM as NC. That’s when boundaries are not agreed up front and safe words / signals not respected. For some people the actual total loss of control is the turn on. Not me. I used to like what was being done to me.

Of course this only works with trust. I only ever do 1-1 BDSM with someone I trust totally. Some people hook up with strangers for BDSM sessions, I know two. That was never me. Even in a group session, I wanted at least two (ideally three) people who I could trust to look after me.

Em
And for the record, all I meant was that the 'alternative' definition or description you gave seemed like it might invite another bout of quibbling about where and how much overlap exists in the two genres (as opposed to actual practices).

And for the record, all I meant was that the 'alternative' definition or description you gave seemed like it might invite another bout of quibbling about where and how much overlap exists in the two genres (as opposed to actual practices).
Wrong gal to ask. Loved [my version of] BDSM, non-con makes me puke.

Em

Wrong gal to ask. Loved [my version of] BDSM, non-con makes me puke.

Em
Haha, well, I technically didn't ask a question, just vomited my opinion or observation upon the board.
But if I write a story that goes in NC/R, I'll be sure to tag it 'emetic' in memory of this exchange. :LOL:🤮

Haha, well, I technically didn't ask a question, just vomited my opinion or observation upon the board.
But if I write a story that goes in NC/R, I'll be sure to tag it 'emetic' in memory of this exchange. :LOL:🤮
I once had a self-appointed beta correct me, saying that the right word to use was “nemesis”. I guess they never heard of “emesis.” It’s a lot prettier than “vomit.” How they thought that “nemesis” would have made any sense in my sentence remains a mystery.

Em

I once had a self-appointed beta correct me, saying that the right word to use was “nemesis”. I guess they never heard of “emesis.” It’s a lot prettier than “vomit.” How they thought that “nemesis” would have made any sense in my sentence remains a mystery.

Em
Was the story about a party girl/dude who felt the only thing holding them back from top level popularity was their propensity to drink themselves sick? That would arguably be a case of having an emesis nemesis.

I've accepted a handful of requests, but I'd never do so if the request didn't tickle my own muse in some way. My "Chad Takes a Gymnast" is the one I like best, a reader request that struck my fancy and took on a life of its own while spawning a couple of characters I brought into other stories, as well. I enjoyed writing those characters.

I've taken many more requests for pay, but it's been awhile.

As for "requests I've denied?" I get several, in comments to my existing stories. I wouldn't say I "deny" them; I just ignore them.

I stopped doing requests a few years back. No one asks for anything from me but cuckolding stories.

At first, I had some requests that interested me. I wrote the stories for the person; they seemed to like them, and I published some (with their permission) with the caveat "written by request." After those first few, requests hit my inbox several times a week. But almost all were requested for a specific type of cheating wife tale. They included outlines and the desired ending. Of course, what these wanna-be cucks wanted me to write wasn't what a majority of my readers wanted to read. It became dull and mind-numbing. After a friend talked me into a story that was supposed to have several parts, he and his wife ended up moving away. His wife saw the story and realized he was the requestor, and I haven't heard from him again. Well, except to say, I'll have to get back to you on this when she calms down. She apparently hasn't calmed down.
Me too. And I’ve never written one (and have no desire to start).

Em

At first, I had some requests that interested me. I wrote the stories for the person; they seemed to like them, and I published some (with their permission) with the caveat "written by request." After those first few, requests hit my inbox several times a week. But almost all were requested for a specific type of cheating wife tale. They included outlines and the desired ending. Of course, what these wanna-be cucks wanted me to write wasn't what a majority of my readers wanted to read. It became dull and mind-numbing. After a friend talked me into a story that was supposed to have several parts, he and his wife ended up moving away. His wife saw the story and realized he was the requestor, and I haven't heard from him again. Well, except to say, I'll have to get back to you on this when she calms down. She apparently hasn't calmed down.
Wow 😮!

Em

The less specific a request is, the more likely I am to accept it. Just recently an anonymous commenter on one of my stories wrote " Superb story man ! I love it ! Let me do a suggestion, can you write a mother/son incest story based on "anal only" ? " - so really, the story is still entirely up to me, and they're just suggesting the character dynamics and a specific fetish they want included. I usually take these on, as I like to challenge myself either way.

However, I do not agree to requests with a vivid story description provided in advance, limiting my artistic freedom significantly. I also can't do fetishes that make me feel physically uncomfortable. I don't have a problem writing about things that doesn't do it for me personally, however - but I have to draw a couple of lines here and there. (People, please stop asking me for cuckold stuff.. I am not the right person to ask as I don't understand the appeal AT ALL..)

No, I don't do requests. Too much stuff already going on, but after some back and forth, I just asked the question: why don't you write it yourself? - offering a beta read and whatever help. Turned out to be a good story. Sometimes, it's just that initial hurdle that needs to be overcome....

Meant to add, the guy I did the request for knew my kinks (from reading my stories). The worst is a “fantasy idea” which is totally not my kink. E.g. “I want you to write my wife cucking me with a BBC, while she humiliates me verbally.”

So no to cuck, no to BBC (nothing against black guys - have only fucked a black girl, but that says more about the crowd I was in; I just don’t like the black guy as savage beast that BBC seems infused with), no to humiliation (the BDSM I used to take part in had no humiliation element, before you ask).

Other than that, when do I start writing?

Em
Should've turned him over my way.

However I don't do commissions.

When I wrote my Mary and Alvin series, I set a strict guideline for myself; that I would only use the POV of the two title characters. But as the series developed, I got multiple requests for more about two other characters, Alvin's daughter Jennifer and her girlfriend, Danni. Eventually, I realized there was a good story there, and it was only my obstinance that was keeping me from telling it. The chapter about their relationship was one of the most well received in the series, and led me to expand the series from strictly a romance into a sort of family epic.

That's the only time I've ever written anything based on requests.

Do you accept requests?
If I like the idea and find potential in it, yes. Having said that, I've never actually gone through with any (and I do tell the requester that, no, I won't be doing it. Fair's fair.)

Examples of a story you’ve done that was a request?
When We Get to San Francisco was a request, inasmuch as a lot of people asked for a sequel to another of my stories, "Grand Island". (Trigger warning: if you don't trust women with their own bodies, don't read it. If you do, be advised that I will delete any anti-choice propaganda from the comments.)

Requests you’ve denied?
The most recent one was something about a newscaster seducing an underage boy. Several other people got the same request, if I recall correctly.

I've never gotten a "request" per say.

Closest was someone who wanted me to write a story about his wife having sex with some random guys in a bar.

Told him I wouldn't write it, but if he wrote something, anything, close as he could to the story he wanted, I'd take it and flesh it out or at least heavily edit.

What he sent me was, well... a mess. Not picking on the guy, he fully he admitted he wasn't a writer.

But it had a basic enough outline I could work with.

Wasn't at all the kind of story I personally would write, but I did it as an exercise.

I didn't really add or subtract anything so much as clean it up and make it coherent.

After that, while again not "requests" per say, early on in my Jenna series I did get more than a few suggestions from readers as to what they wanted to see happen.

Most I ignored as they weren't anything like where I wanted the story to go.

But there were a few that intrigued me enough to incorporate them in. In my own way of course.

I’m wondering about people’s experience with requests here, so I figured I’d start a thread.

Do you accept requests?
Yes, if I’m into the story. If you try to push me into something I don’t want to do, no dice.

Examples of a story you’ve done that was a request?
My stories “A Request For Help” and “Desert Angel” came as requests from the same source. “Running Down a Dream” was a request from another fan.

Requests you’ve denied?
On another site, someone wanted me to have a cop abducted, tied up, and sexually harassed, then left in that situation with no rescue. I was not into that for obvious reasons. Sorry, but if I do anything like that- a) the cop will be into it and playing along to mess with the perp. And b) there will be a rescue. I do not leave my characters in unwelcome situations. I’m not that kind of person.
I had a request for my recurring MC to have sex with WWE star Rhea Ripley. It was a challenge to make it "believable" within the world I've created, but I ended up really enjoying it. I think wrestlers and muscular women are hot, so the idea turned me on. I also had a request to feature some CNN anchors in a story, but they didn't really arouse me, and they had no place in my MC's world, so I had to politely decline. If a request works for me narratively and gets me hot, I'll do it.

1. No, I don't accept requests.
2. Examples? See above.
3. Requests I've denied? I don't respond.

I do however enjoy suggestions on improving my work. What I don't like are anonymous comments or those from non-writers who tell me what I should have done differently like they are some sort of English literature professor. If it's that easy and you're such an expert, get off your arse and write something yourself.

1. No, I don't accept requests.
2. Examples? See above.
3. Requests I've denied? I don't respond.

I do however enjoy suggestions on improving my work. What I don't like are anonymous comments or those from non-writers who tell me what I should have done differently like they are some sort of English literature professor. If it's that easy and you're such an expert, get off your arse and write something yourself.
Everyone's methods are different, but I find I do my best writing while seated on my arse. Sometimes even fully recumbent, although that's more usually for... research.
;)

No, my time for writing erotica too narrow and my backlog of my own ideas is too big. I gently decline.

To a few specific people that have been most supportive, I have asked what kind of story they'd like to see next and if I have something in the pipe that fits, I will move it up in priority, but that's about as close as I get.

Back