Beta read request - ideally someone familiar with my Angels & Demons stories

EmilyMiller

Good men did nothing
My A&D stories started out as kinda light-hearted. Then the novella-length Heaven & Hole took a kinda Empire Strikes Back / Temple of Doom turn.

The Undoing of Emma, the origin story of the she-demon half of my supernatural girlfriends, got into some darker territory [for me at least] again (kinda what I imagine GOT is like, never having watched / read it).

Now I’ve written the origin story of the angelic Lily. It’s called The Tragedy of Lailah and goes back to the well of darkness. The word ‘tragedy’ in the title is a reference to Greek Tragedies, which the story resembles in themes, if not quality of storytelling. Another take is that it could be an amateur homage to David Lynch.

If I haven’t put you off, I’m interested in getting some beta reads in pre-publishing. I’m not after catching typos, or improving grammar, or better phraseology. I just would like reactions to the story, whether it hangs together, and how I handled the more difficult subject matter.

To set expectations, it’s 10k words long, so not crazy length. You could read it stand-alone, but having read some of my other A&D tales would probably help.

You’ll need a burner email that I can add to the Google Doc.

Finally, I’m only thinking of at most three people.

Please PM me if interested.

Thanks in advance.

Emily

Last edited:
Oh, and I’m out today, so please don’t worry if I don’t reply immediately.

Emily

Back