Young Justice/Teen Titans (OOC)

Nightwing is the closest thing we have to a tech character so far.

I wouldn't call him a tech guy, he seems more like a guy who uses tech. Know what I mean? Brianiac or Cyborg for example are tech guy(s). No matter what team they're on, they're going to be the tech guy.

We're lacking a speedster, a techhead, and could probably benefit from a second heavy hitter. Connor as I recall is roughly on par with Bane until he gets those slappers.

We're lacking a speedster, a techhead, and could probably benefit from a second heavy hitter. Connor as I recall is roughly on par with Bane until he gets those slappers.

Well, Nat would be a tech-head and a second heavy hitter.

I was hoping to leave the speedster open for Lachy, because his version of Impulse is a work of art.

Works for me.

And if it comes down to it like i said earlier I can sub in Ben 10 and he's literally whatever we need, whenever we need it. That is part of why I love him so much.

Works for me.

And if it comes down to it like i said earlier I can sub in Ben 10 and he's literally whatever we need, whenever we need it. That is part of why I love him so much.

abdc.gif

Also, Sean, you and I need to chat some time about our mutual love of Ben 10.

I have an H-Dialer in Lunaramblings' "Star City" thread and I tried to put as much of an Omnitrix spin on it as I could!

Also, Sean, you and I need to chat some time about our mutual love of Ben 10.

I have an H-Dialer in Lunaramblings' "Star City" thread and I tried to put as much of an Omnitrix spin on it as I could!

Holy crap, half the time I feel like the only person on the planet who's even watched that show!

@ChasNicolette

Personally, I like the idea of Jinx and Raven sharing a familial bond rather than conflating the two. Or maybe not a family bond but a surrogate kind, kind of like Kazuya and Violet(lee) from Tekken. In this case, Kazuya's father Heihachi adopted Lee to serve as a sparing partner/rival for his biological son.

Last edited:
@ChasNicolette

Personally, I like the idea of Jinx and Raven sharing a familial bond rather than conflating the two. Or maybe not a family bond but a surrogate kind, kind of like Kazuya and Violet(lee) from Tekken.

I'm not familiar with the cast of "Tekken," but I think I grok your meaning.

Groovy.

Holy crap, half the time I feel like the only person on the planet who's even watched that show!

Haha, not at all! I have a deep and abiding affection for the franchise, and there is a jagged hole in my heart where "Omniverse" used to be.

I even made sure to give one of my H-Dialer's Heroes a Kevin 11 powerset to really drive the analogy home.

Yeah, I miss that show. It had a good run and I missed a lot of the early stuff unfortunately.

I was thinking about having Kaldur feud with superboy or another one of the teams powerhouses. I also wanted to have him in certain situations co-operating with the team(like a life or death thing) where it's absolutely necessary for everyone involved . I also don't mind him getting some quality time in with one or two of the ladies. Not that I'm fishing for plots, just putting it out there. If someones interested in anything like that, shoot me a PM and we can work on some of the details.

Last edited:
Yeah, I miss that show. It had a good run and I missed a lot of the early stuff unfortunately.

It had an amazing run.

The fact that they were able to do a "Point Break" parody episode and a couple of "Harold and Kumar" homages with Blukic and Driba seriously blows my mind, especially considering the feels and dramatic heights of which it was also capable.

I loved that they accomplished more goosebumpy bad-assery with their two-part multiversal team-up than "Ultimate Spider-Man" could do with their three-parter.

I was thinking about having Kaldur feud with superboy or another one of the teams powerhouses. I also wanted to have him in certain situations co-operating with the team(like a life or death thing) where it's absolutely necessary for everyone involved . I also don't mind him getting some quality time in with one or two of the ladies. Not that I'm fishing for plots, just putting it out there. If someones interested in anything like that, shoot me a PM and we can flesh out some of the details.

He and Nat could bond over his power-armor if it ever needs patching or a tune-up. She'll probably think he's pretty cute when he's not being "a complete jerk-ass," (her words not mine).

It had an amazing run.

The fact that they were able to do a "Point Break" parody episode and a couple of "Harold and Kumar" homages with Blukic and Driba seriously blows my mind, especially considering the feels and dramatic heights of which it was also capable.

I loved that they accomplished more goosebumpy bad-assery with their two-part multiversal team-up than "Ultimate Spider-Man" could do with their three-parter.

I missed the Ultimate Spiderman multiverse episode apparently. Goddamnit, I hate that fucking show when they decided to tack on "web warrior" to the title my DVR stopped recording it and. . .GRRRRRR.

But yeah "And then there None" was fucking incredible. I especially love that this shit apparently happens so wearily often that Ben Prime is chilling playing video games and his future self, cousin, and two alts walk into his living room through a portal. His response?

"I'm in."

He doesn't freak out, he doesn't ask what's going on. He just very calmly gets up and goes with them.

And it had been a while since Vilgax was that fucking scary.

I missed the Ultimate Spiderman multiverse episode apparently. Goddamnit, I hate that fucking show when they decided to tack on "web warrior" to the title my DVR stopped recording it and. . .GRRRRRR.

But yeah "And then there None" was fucking incredible. I especially love that this shit apparently happens so wearily often that Ben Prime is chilling playing video games and his future self, cousin, and two alts walk into his living room through a portal. His response?

"I'm in."

He doesn't freak out, he doesn't ask what's going on. He just very calmly gets up and goes with them.

And it had been a while since Vilgax was that fucking scary.

Ben is an immature, arrogant little prat and the fact that he keeps winning with his slacker attitude should piss me way the Hell off, but he's so charismatic and adorable he wins me over every time. He really does have the heart of a hero under all those smoothies and chili cheese fries. It also helps that his supporting cast and the world he plays in are just so ridiculously awesome.

I loved that. I loved that Vilgax got his mojo back after being a punchline, I loved that the Ben who'd grown up without The Omnitrix got to step up and close the loop to save the day after having watched his counterparts evaporate before his eyes, Ben Prime having sacrificed himself-- oh my God I need to go watch those again.

The thing is I would be an immature prat if you gave me the Omnitrix. Sure he's challenged on occasion but overall he's been saving the world for ten years with minimal formal training. (It's implied in Omniverse that he has one of the high scores for the Plumber Academy and he wasn't using the Omnitrix) but would you take the time out of your day to learn martial arts if you could turn into Rath? Or learn magic like Gwenw hen you've got Chromostone and Jetray?

The thing is I would be an immature prat if you gave me the Omnitrix. Sure he's challenged on occasion but overall he's been saving the world for ten years with minimal formal training. (It's implied in Omniverse that he has one of the high scores for the Plumber Academy and he wasn't using the Omnitrix) but would you take the time out of your day to learn martial arts if you could turn into Rath? Or learn magic like Gwenw hen you've got Chromostone and Jetray?

Fair points all, very legit.

And part of the reason why he gets a pass when I would ordinarily roll my eyes at such a character.

Pretty sure the ability to throw cars with her brain qualifies M'gann as a heavy hitter.

Otherwise what else?

Team Mom?

I can work with that XD

That's why I said in practice she doesn't use it. In theory she should be by far the most powerful member of the team. Hell given his other powers Martian Manhunter should be by far the most powerful member of the Justice League. He's not quite as fast as some of them, or quite as strong but honestly the ability to read minds and control your density and shape shift by far should outstrip the difference in strength between him and Supes. I mean the dude can reach inside your chest and stop your fucking heart!

In practice though he's generally portrayed as being weaker than Green Lantern.

Basically if you have a gun you refuse to use and I have a baseball bat that I love to use all day I'm better equipped than you. And that's kinda how I feel about the martians.

You are gonna make us cookies.

I assume having a 'T' shaped tower is a no go?

I'll have both "Sean_Renaud" and Miss "ChasNicollette" know, a few months ago......I did mention your other 'counterpart' in one another, concerning the Ben 10 character. I don't know if either of you recall the conversation. I always like(d) to tease "Sean_Renaud" about that particular character because *I* have never heard of him.....before....and it ALMOST could be that I've been missing out....on the most amazing character that's been ever created(ever)....and when I found out w/ your Rose character, that you yourself loved the character as well. I was almost beyond myself Miss "ChasNicollette".

So yeah. Pretty funny. Pretty amazing. And aaaaaaaaaaalmost monumental that you two.....right here, right now....are communicating, in the same thread....if not, if but....for the moment's time. About this very topic!

I......I have to be honest. If *THIS* were a comic book. (not to *geek* out, but to *geek* out!!!) I'd have to go ahead and equate it to some kinda....amazing cross-over betwixt two "companies" or something. Like when they did DC versus Marvel -- that significant!

Yeah guys. I'm talking about YOU two!!! Hahah. Good times. Glad it finally happened! ;)

Sure, Lach! Just give me a heads up what version you intend to use so we can make sure it fits in with the continuity :). I am working tonight, but I get off at 7am and am off Sunday and Monday night, so I should have my characters and the IC up within the next 48 hours.

Well, Nat would be a tech-head and a second heavy hitter.

I was hoping to leave the speedster open for Lachy, because his version of Impulse is a work of art.
Thanks for the support guys. I'm very appreciative -- and so is that zany, boy-ish teen-ster! ;)

Back