X-Men: A Bright New World OOC

thank you for the answer Lachiyous.
Yes i am male, but my choice of character was not because of that.
I will be checking the thread and wait :)

I don't have a problem with more people joining in. I'll be holding everyone to one character for a while, except for the people I've already made exceptions for.

As of right now Wardance isn't on the team, right Wyld? That could be a mission; recruiting her. That changes the roster a bit.

-------------

Wulfette, MasterEnna, and everyone else, here's a timeline to help you out:

2013 - Now - The first public appearance of the X-Men

2012 - Peter Parker becomes Spider-Man, he starts as an entertainer

2011 - The Avengers form to defend New York from aliens in a way similar to the Movie. Most people just call them aliens, I haven't decided which race I'm going to use yet. I probably won't change it, and will make the Skrulls and the Chitauri as separate races.

2010 - The Fantastic Four come back from space and become the first public Superheroes since WWII. Over the course of the year a few other heroes emerge: Iron Man, Thor, Captain America.

WWII - Captain America battles for the Allies against the Axis. A certain Master of Magnetism is a small Jewish boy in a Nazi internment camp.

At this point the public has never heard of mutants before.

---------------------------

I hope that helped. Any more questions feel free to ask.

Last edited:
Wyld, I have to hear back from tcost and see what his concept for Xavier is going to be before I can approve Lorna's bio. Otherwise it looks fine, though I will be suggesting a small change to you privately.

If Tcost goes with a younger Xavier, like the Xavier from X-Men Origins, then we need to work out how many years he's been running the school, I figure about 4ish.

If Tcost goes for an older Xavier, we still need to figure out how many years he's been running the school and how long Lorna could have attended.

Wyld, I will be writing a short pm to you with some details about Magneto as he is apparently Lorna's father in this reality.

I should have the IC thread up this afternoon, if not then, than this evening.

Last edited:
If I can SIDESTEP *SIGNIFICANT-OTHER-AGGRO*(heh), I'd like to have GAMBIT's profile up by tonight. Otherwise tomorrow for sure!

That's a nice timeline you have going there, "Felix80"...glad SPIDEY made the list!!! :)

Even though he'll be one of the 'veteran' members on the team and at the school, I'm considering making Remy fairly new/green at Xavier's.......to help cast some of that mystery and allure. Considering....but not quite cementing...yet. Thoughts?

Gambit being new to the X-Men is fine with me. He'll be the Jean Grey of the group!

lmao, meaning he joins the team shortly before their first mission.

Wild is it odd that I want Siryn to sneak into Polaris's bed and kiss her lips until she awakes?

Wyld, I have to hear back from tcost and see what his concept for Xavier is going to be before I can approve Lorna's bio. Otherwise it looks fine, though I will be suggesting a small change to you privately.

If Tcost goes with a younger Xavier, like the Xavier from X-Men Origins, then we need to work out how many years he's been running the school, I figure about 4ish.

If Tcost goes for an older Xavier, we still need to figure out how many years he's been running the school and how long Lorna could have attended.

Wyld, I will be writing a short pm to you with some details about Magneto as he is apparently Lorna's father in this reality.

I should have the IC thread up this afternoon, if not then, than this evening.

It's an easy fix Felix:D.... they're called transfer credits;)..... Just because she graduated from the academy didn't mean she had to have attended there her whole time in school:D.....

I don't have a problem with more people joining in. I'll be holding everyone to one character for a while, except for the people I've already made exceptions for.

As of right now Wardance isn't on the team, right Wyld? That could be a mission; recruiting her. That changes the roster a bit.

-------------

Wulfette, MasterEnna, and everyone else, here's a timeline to help you out:

2013 - Now - The first public appearance of the X-Men

2012 - Peter Parker becomes Spider-Man, he starts as an entertainer

2011 - The Avengers form to defend New York from aliens in a way similar to the Movie. Most people just call them aliens, I haven't decided which race I'm going to use yet. I probably won't change it, and will make the Skrulls and the Chitauri as separate races.

2010 - The Fantastic Four come back from space and become the first public Superheroes since WWII. Over the course of the year a few other heroes emerge: Iron Man, Thor, Captain America.

WWII - Captain America battles for the Allies against the Axis. A certain Master of Magnetism is a small Jewish boy in a Nazi internment camp.

At this point the public has never heard of mutants before.

---------------------------

I hope that helped. Any more questions feel free to ask.

I figured I'd use Wardance as a way for me to vent my creativity as a side story with her becoming an X-Man as the end of her solo thing. So she won't be an issue in the early parts;)....

Gambit being new to the X-Men is fine with me. He'll be the Jean Grey of the group!

lmao, meaning he joins the team shortly before their first mission.

Hehe. The point would be to start ABSOLUTELY 'fresh' with him, in terms of his interactions with all.....at least at the beginning ;)

Wild is it odd that I want Siryn to sneak into Polaris's bed and kiss her lips until she awakes?

"GREEN" and "RED" have ALWAYS been my favorite colours.....sprinkle a dash of CAJUN in there, and we might all be rockin' in JULY with celebratory significance! ;)

Just so you know, I did send "tight_n_ready" a message today to touch base with her....so hopefully she'll have her ROGUE-love-lie-ness up and about sooner than later too.

Hope our nightcrawler and charles duuuuuuuuuuudes are comin' about too!

It's MUCH too early not to be excited here....*grin*

Magneto

Magneto_Finch_Jocson_by_Ritzyl.jpg

Hehe, now now "shadowlace" m'Dear. You've yet to see "me" OR more importantly MY BOY GAMBIT "at work" here. Give it some time, give it some time...but more importantly..

!!!BE PREPARED TO BE DAZZZZZZZZLED!!!

*said in the most**HUMBLE**of fashions...but of course*

Hehehhehhe.

But in all seriousness, I can't wait. I've got the *ITCH* that needs to be scraaaaaaatched, and I'm not requesting a WOLVIE/SABRETOOTH tussle either! ;)

It's an easy fix Felix:D.... they're called transfer credits;)..... Just because she graduated from the academy didn't mean she had to have attended there her whole time in school:D.....

Right, and that's a fine solution. What I don't want to do is a make a decision without getting input from all the players involved. I prefer a consensus too.

I see Xavier's as more of a high school, which she graduated from six years ago, assuming she graduated at 18. Depending on tcost the school may not have been a school six years ago.

There's all sorts of ways we can handle this, including Xavier contacting her as an adult and even though she is somewhat trained, offering her a place to live and train up her powers under his tutelage. Or maybe Xavier's offers some college credits.

However we handle it I want to talk to Tcost. If you want to post in the IC with Lorna just be vague with the details of her schooling until we hammer down the nitty-gritty.

Right, and that's a fine solution. What I don't want to do is a make a decision without getting input from all the players involved. I prefer a consensus too.

I see Xavier's as more of a high school, which she graduated from six years ago, assuming she graduated at 18. Depending on tcost the school may not have been a school six years ago.

There's all sorts of ways we can handle this, including Xavier contacting her as an adult and even though she is somewhat trained, offering her a place to live and train up her powers under his tutelage. Or maybe Xavier's offers some college credits.

However we handle it I want to talk to Tcost. If you want to post in the IC with Lorna just be vague with the details of her schooling until we hammer down the nitty-gritty.

And I am okay fine with that:D...........

Gambit

Name: Remy LeBeau
Ethnicity: Caucasian

Abilities: Remy is a mutant born with the power to tap into potential energy within any inanimate object, and transform that into kinetic energy by tactile manuevers -- thus referred to as "charging". He can also do this with his eyes as well, by bringing the item up to his face. The point of all of this is throwing the 'charged objects' -- he has many an occasion favored playing cards -- at a selected target, because upon impact....it explodes! He's able to throw with extraordinary accuracy, and also is a skilled duelist and fencer. Remy has superhuman agility and dexterity, and mental defenses that protect his mind from detection and intrusion. With a hypnotic charm to display for any and everyone, it's quite difficult NOT to believe and agree with the "Ragin' Cajun"(more powerful minds may be immune)! He also has picked up more undisclosed skills from his travels.

Physical Appearance: Remy is whatcha momma warned you about -- he's TALL, DARK, and HANDSOME! Add to that, an aura of mystery, and the sweet cajun accent and he's every woman's DREAM come true! He wears his trademark trenchcoat, over a bodysuit compromised of: purple on the lower chest, abdomen and purple bands down on the exterior of either thigh and arm; black stripes on the upper chest, black on his neck and headpiece framing his face and allowing his hair to spill over, black on his legs and arms, black gloves, cut off on pinky and index fingers; silver knee length boots and silver tubing separating/contrasting his upper and lower chest colors. He also carries with him his trusty bo staff.

Personality: Suave and cunning, with a bit of a silver tongue....it's not difficult to imagine there's quite an appeal to the man known as Gambit. He speaks thick with the roots of his Cajun Ancestry -- one for which seems to add to his charm....and mystery as well. Remy isn't opposed to enjoying the finer things in life, namely the art and beauty of women folk.......a game? A hobby? A passion? Perhaps. Perhaps a LIFE STYLE! There is also a side to him, that he keeps locked away -- out of sight, out of presence -- from all others. An aura of mystery indeed...

History: Not much is known about Remy's past, as he hasn't devulged hardly anything at all. His Cajun accent is one of the very few insights that he displays readily for all around. Where upon ever he has crawled out of or escaped from, thank god his tongue has remained in tact along with his spirits....or there would be absolute and total blinders up on him. Danger even. As it is, he surreptiously eludes any attempts for prying. Were it not for the Professor's very own ethics and the cajun's heroics, he would have searched Gambit's mindscape the minute their paths intersected. Remy is one of the newest residents/associates at the mansion, having just moved in last week....

Last edited:
Nice bio Lach, I like the pic.

If you want to keep your past secret from the rest of the cast that's fine. However as the guy writing the story I do have a need-to-know. Please pm me his history. I look forward to reading it.

This goes for anyone else who has a character shrouded in mystery. I am the narrator/facillitator/game master. The goal is not to surprise me, but to work with me to tell a good story. If your character is a mystery you still need to pm me their history.

Sorry if this seems brusque, I am at work & pressed for time.

Thank you.

"wulfette": Are you a male or female individual? "Felix80" is running the show here and will have to make the call if we are letting in others in besides the current roster. If he does allow it, which character are you most interested in assuming the role of?

Most decidedly female, thank you very much. I thought I might take on the challenge of Kitty Pryde since we have a person playing Cypher here, and to add a little jest and immaturity to the dramatis personae. Otherwise, I could play X-23/Laura Kinney. How canon are we following/which timeline? Do we have artistic license to change their background, or are we following a pre-established one?

Last edited:
Hello again, "wulfette"! Kitty Pryde would be a great addition! :) The ONLY information about the reality/setting is what is disclosed throughout this very thread.....and the brand new IC thread:

http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=895686

I'm going to go right ahead and personally say, that "I" believe the ESSENCE of the character should be there(i.e. Gambit should be Cajun) but you may tweak your character a lil' bit if desired. A little versus a lot. We don't want to COMPLETELY change who these people are, but minor adjustments/enhancements/idiosyncrasies can be fun to help propel a plot point and what not..........if I were to make Gambit RUSSIAN and....a werewolf, then that obviously would not be Gambit anymore, now would it?? ;)

Above all, send word to "Felix80"......since he is -- heh -- GOD in these here parts, you'll want to please HIS ass, or at least allow for him to sign off on your character 'changes'. Better to be safe than sorry, 'kay? :)

Last edited:
God? No. More of a facilitator. I make the game possible by creating the world we play in and making sure everyone is on the same page and relatively happy. After all, none of us are getting paid for this, if you're going to keep playing it's because you're having a good time. I want to make sure you're having a good time, and part of that good time is making sure the story makes sense.

If you talk to the other players I hope they will say that my suggestions for changes are for keeping continuity within the story. I want you to play a character you like, I just want them to fit into the world.

Lach is right, we are staying true to the essence of the character even though their history is going to be different by necessity. For example, Gambit is not a Russian werewolf. However, in this continuity Thunderbird/Warpath is being written by Wyld as a female named Joan Proudstar, aka Wardance.

On to your more specific questions Wulfette:

Kitty would be great. I'd love to work out some character plots between Cypher and Shadowcat, especially with him having a secret friends-with-benefits arrangement with Jubilee. There is huge potential there for a love triangle.

X-23 is fine, I'm just not sure how to fit her into this world, as I haven't defined Wolvey-poo yet.

So yes, you have "artistic license to change their background." For instance, Doug's father is now a congressman, that's different. Why, it's almost like I have some plot points about politics planned...

Really plot points from character's background, what an absurd notion?

LOL he he just kidding

Back