Would Love a Woman's Opinion But Anyone Can Respond

MY FRIEND what you have explained is nothing new . The house husband as been growiing for years and is practiced in many form. So relax and make some quality time to ask he how she feels and is she comfortable. being the dominant person in your relationship in some or all area, Then agree to take baby steps in walking on lilly pads ofr a while to find each of your levers of comfort. Most ofvall enjoy it..
I hope you are right and it develops naturally.

There is nothing new under the sun, and I'm sure many men feel the same way.
I agree you shouldn't creep your wife out, but then again a marriage is a two way street and you should be free to talk to her about what arouses you.

There is nothing new under the sun, and I'm sure many men feel the same way.
I agree you shouldn't creep your wife out, but then again a marriage is a two way street and you should be free to talk to her about what arouses you.
I hope someday I will feel I can but right now my confidence is a bit down for sure. Thank you!

This will probably seem self serving and a bit of just venting but I would love to hear what others think. This will jump around a lot because it is mostly stream of consciousness I need to express.

I am a mid 50's married guy who was never really smart but I do try to work hard and I have embraced many responsibilities without reservation. I have worked from home since 2001. For the first 15 years, I travelled quite a bit but since 2016 I have not travelled so I am at home most days, all day isolated. I did pick up a second career in real estate in 2008 that I do concurrently with primary job. I mention this to try to show that I take my responsibility as provider seriously because there were times we were struggling and this was needed. I do not resent any decisions that have been made. My wife has worked off and on in the fitness industry, doing things she mostly loves. Her income is always good to have and not looked down on but she really works because she wants to, not needs to. I really cling to being a provider now as it seems my role in life is being diminished. With that said let me get to what I am wondering.

Since I work at home, I am the one who really does 80% of the household chores. From the outdoor work to cooking almost all meals and doing the laundry and cleaning, I do almost all. It just makes sense because I do have the time to do it and I don't believe in not doing something that I have time for. So what I have found myself imagining is that I am my wife's submissive househusband. She doesn't really know how often I imagine it but she does know some. She(maybe unwittingly) has said things about how she could never see herself with another man because it took so long to train me! I did try to open up about it a little a few years ago but I was told it creeped her out. That really caused me to lose a lot of confidence and the ability to feel safe to be open with her. I do not want to ever make anyone feel creeped out. I am very aware that my fantasies are not for everyone; maybe they really aren't for anyone....

So I guess I am asking, are there any women who would like a man like me? I can go into detail about what that househusband role means to me but I don't want to jump right into that. I am wondering what women here think and maybe what they would like. I will admit that I of course see this as transferring to the bedroom where I am submissive to her.

I will say I am glad there is an anonymous forum like this where I can type something out and see the response.
Honestly, it depends how well you do your house duties and how much free time your wife wants to have.

I don't like my husband to help me with chores because he is too thorough. He makes things take twice as long because there are so many extra steps. I have found quick and efficient ways to get housework done. But I wouldn't mind if he could do it quicker or just as fast.

About the free time. Sometimes I don't want freetime. I just want to use chores as a way to relax and reflect on something. It's a form of meditation. In this case, I wouldn't want help. However, if there's something I want to do, or a chore I don't like...I wouldn't mind.

What can you do to get your wife to play ball here? Well, you can ask her what her least favorite chores are. You can also ask her if any chores would make her life easier. Present it as you helping her.

She might still be creeped out but you can make it clear that you want to help her and doing so turns you on. If you're at that level of communication with your wife. If not, she should be aware since you talked to her about something related.

If it's still too much, you can offer to do it on certain days.

Back