Will you marry me?

a day in the life (continued)

Throughout dinner, and some very interesting conversation about her work, my work, current events, and our friends and family, I would occasionally fix my gaze on her, admiring her beautiful eyes and gorgeous face, framed by smooth and sensous locks of hair tumbling on either side. I continued gazing at her until she noticed... noticed the appreciation, and immediately understood the implied desire for her that went right along. An irrepressible smile would emerge on her face, followed quickly by an automatic glance towards the floor, her slight shyness and embarrassment probably a relic
from teen years when she felt as gawky and awkward as everyone else.

Glancing back up at my smiling face, her head angled naturally to the right so her gaze sprung from the corners of her dark and sparkling eyes, she filled with love and affection. "How did I get so lucky to have this love?" she thought silently to herself, smiling again. "I think I've had enough," she sighed.

"Alright then, I'll just go ahead and turn in now," I replied with a tease... her
gaze suddenly curious and puzzled.

"NO! Not enough of YOU! Of dinner, silly."

"Oh, oh, I misunderstood," I grinned.

"You're not going to get off that easy tonight, my dear," she chirped.

"Oh really, now? I think I'm going to get off however I please tonight, my dear," I replied self-assuredly.

"Oh, you do, do you?" she challenged, knowing full well that she would be doing whatever I asked of her.

"I do," I replied calmly. Brightening... "I like saying 'I do' to you! Do you want
to get married again?" I joked... while also quite intentionally reinforcing with
her our deep and abiding commitment, one to the other.

I rose to clear her plate, and she rose to join me, but with my hand I gently
motioned her to relax and stay seated, which she did. As I approached, I unexpectedly moved all the way behind her chair, gently grasping her shoulders and neck, and giving her a firm and relaxing brief shoulder rub. Kisses to the top her her sweet-smelling head and the left side of her tender neck followed. Her head turned toward me after, lips reaching up to mine, as I bent forward, teasing her with a quick kiss to the tip of her nose, then plucking her plate from the table and moving briskly to the kitchen.

"Hey, that's not fair!" she protested. "I want a kiss."

"I gave you several kisses, my love," I replied. And fair? Fair is difficult to
calculate in the middle of a transaction. When you pay for bread at the bakery, do you complain that it's unfair before the baker has had a chance to hand you the bread?"

"But I KNOW the baker is going to hand me the bread!"

"Are you doubting whether I will give you what you need tonight, my love?"

to be continued...

:rose: CTG

Wouldn't you rather chat WITH somebody m'dear?
I can go find you a friend to write a kick ass story with you if you wish. *giggle*

WinterBlueAbby returns

Hi WinterBlue,

Actually, I CONTINUE to do things just as I wish to, but thanks for the offer. Now, if you're offering to chat with me, towards a real, offline, earthshaking relationship, that might get my attention.

CTG

CTG1963 said:
Hi WinterBlue,

Actually, I CONTINUE to do things just as I wish to, but thanks for the offer. Now, if you're offering to chat with me, towards a real, offline, earthshaking relationship, that might get my attention.

CTG
After all this, you would be interested in me offline?
How do you know if I will get past your first screening? Shall I fax you my resume?

:rose: :rose:

You write a romantic story...and yet you interview potentials as if they were applying for a job. Where is the fun in that?

Alright...For argument sake, I say I meet with you. I am curious...what would you do with a spitfire like myself then? Do you have a "Taming of the Shrew" theme in mind, or is there something special you would like me to wear?

WinterBlueAbby said:
How do you know if I will get past your first screening? Shall I fax you my resume?

You write a romantic story...and yet you interview potentials as if they were applying for a job. Where is the fun in that?
Ouch. Mrrrrowww! :cattail:

WinterBlueAbby said:

Alright...For argument sake, I say I meet with you. I am curious...what would you do with a spitfire like myself then? Do you have a "Taming of the Shrew" theme in mind, or is there something special you would like me to wear?

Just tryin' to give you the benefit of the doubt, darlin'.

About the rest... you should know me better by now than to think I would:
a) engage with you on your petty barbs, or
b) interact with you surrounding a hypothetical interest. My only real interest is with people who are ready and available to connect offline... and whether you are or not is your business, about which I can do nothing.

I continue to wish you all the best,

CTG

Hmmm...the lady doth protest too much, methinks... ;)

WinterBlueAbby said:
Wouldn't you rather chat WITH somebody m'dear?
He may be in a round about way - I think these posts are speaking to a lot of us. I for one am enjoying them immensely :cathappy:

WinterBlueAbby said:
You write a romantic story...and yet you interview potentials as if they were applying for a job.
Well pooh ā€“ I didnā€™t know youā€™d held interviews ā€“ howā€™d I miss that? Is it too late to send in my resumeā€¦.or can we skip that and get directly to the face to face interview process? :devil:

If it were indeed a job interview, I think it would be beneficial to both parties to know exactly what the position entailedā€¦.ANDā€¦what they were looking for in a potential ā€œnew hireā€ to know if I wanted to waste a stamp mailing in the resume - but that's just me :confused:

I for one love the thread AND the clarityā€¦ā€¦I just wish youā€™d get to the ā€œcompensationā€ and quit beating around the bakeryā€¦.. :p

Thanks for the kind words, S.U.A.K.M.

Just a quick note to say sorry I've been slow to post this week... Work has been keeping me on the run!

More soon...

CTG

where have I been? Oh, there I am!

ShutUpNKissMe said:
you don't mess around - this might be a record....

Probably getting even closer to the record now :)

More soon... (life has a way of intervening -- my boss is unrelenting in his demands. OH, I AM my boss! Hmmm...)

CTG

yw

Hi yourfavoritesub,

Thanks for the props, and the bump. Glad you like it. Life has been rather full of late! I do intend to get back to the thread in the near future though.

CTG

CTG,

You haven't posted since July 7th, have you given up your quest for the perfect woman? Or, have you found her?

MsWet said:
CTG,

You haven't posted since July 7th, have you given up your quest for the perfect woman? Or, have you found her?

Hi MsWet,

Thanks for the bump, and the question. It's never quite so simple, is it? :)

First, I must ask, what is "giving up?" I don't think I know how to do that ;) I do, however, know how to re-evaluate a situation and make a different choice. Really... what does it mean to give up? To give up hope?

To answer your question, there has been a lot going on. Work has been especially intense, and I HAVE met a few people (some through the thread, others not) whom I have been getting to know. I wouldn't say that I've met the perfect woman, or if I have I don't yet know it clearly. I am interested in resuming the thread, so welcome your query.

And now that you have that answer, would you care to say more? Anything of particular interest here to you, my dear??

Thanks,

CTG

May I wish you much luck in your search. :) I'm full figured with red hair (working on losing the weight). I'm not attracted to slim or slender men either but rather prefer them bald with the build of a rugby player. It's not personal, just a preference.

I can personally vouch for Valkyrie and her wonderful personality. She's a peach and I adore her! :) :rose:

CTG1963 said:
Hi MsWet,

Thanks for the bump, and the question. It's never quite so simple, is it? :)

First, I must ask, what is "giving up?" I don't think I know how to do that ;) I do, however, know how to re-evaluate a situation and make a different choice. Really... what does it mean to give up? To give up hope?

To answer your question, there has been a lot going on. Work has been especially intense, and I HAVE met a few people (some through the thread, others not) whom I have been getting to know. I wouldn't say that I've met the perfect woman, or if I have I don't yet know it clearly. I am interested in resuming the thread, so welcome your query.

And now that you have that answer, would you care to say more? Anything of particular interest here to you, my dear??

Thanks,

CTG

Sorry if I gave you the wrong impression, I'm not asking out of interest in you, simply curious if you've found your "perfect woman". Not to sound rude, but I have to say that I doubt you'll find her considering your list of requirements. Best of luck to you anyway.

LadyWhiteWolf said:
May I wish you much luck in your search. :) I'm full figured with red hair (working on losing the weight). I'm not attracted to slim or slender men either but rather prefer them bald with the build of a rugby player. It's not personal, just a preference.

I can personally vouch for Valkyrie and her wonderful personality. She's a peach and I adore her! :) :rose:

Thanks, LadyWhiteWolf, the good wishes are much appreciated. Good luck to you... and watch out for those rugby players :)

CTG

MsWet said:
Sorry if I gave you the wrong impression, I'm not asking out of interest in you, simply curious if you've found your "perfect woman". Not to sound rude, but I have to say that I doubt you'll find her considering your list of requirements. Best of luck to you anyway.

Well, MsWet, you certainly gave no strong impression, but I thought I'd take a hopeful tack on it anyway.

I do find it interesting that some people read this as a search for some sort of perfection. Of course, perfectionism is rampant among the online chronically single population, so perhaps it's understandable in that context. I do state specifically, however, that my preferences are not intended to suggest an unwillingness to compromise, or an expectation of finding some pre-fabricated perfect match... they are simply my best attempt at communicating what I'm looking for, what I know of my own interests, attractions, and preferences, and are an invitation for those who are interested to connect with me. There's nothing like reality to determine whether or not one is drawn to any individual.

And as a number of women who have taken the time to contact me would attest... I have engaged quite happily, and with great interest, with like-minded women who share a number of my interests, etc.... but not all of my interests and preferences.

Best of luck to you as well.

CTG

A Day in the Life, continued

(See post from 6/8/07, and previous, for earlier installments)

Returning from the kitchen I extinguished the glow of the chandelier leaving only the two tall candles on the table to light the room. The rest of the lights in the house were out. She looked over at me with a smile... a smile that seemed relaxed, but only to an extent. Behind her smile was the question, the uncertainty, of just what he had planned for the rest of the evening.

First one candle, and then the other, were blown out with a soft but steady breath from my lips, leaving the house in almost total darkness, except for the errant light from the street outside, and the occasional clock face or electronic LED display here and there.

"What do you have in mind?" she asked, no longer able to wait patiently.

"Shhh, my love," I replied. "I'm going to slide your chair back..." and as I finished saying that, applied gentle pressure pulling her chair away from the table. She began to rise, and I continued to take the chair back and out of our way, off to the right hand side. Her back still facing me, I placed my hands gently on her hips. My face close to her left ear now, I whispered, "This is going to have to come off." as I reached around and untied the knot in the belt of her robe.

She leaned back against me as my soft and strong hands eagerly explored her familiar and ever-intriguing flesh. Rising from her soft little belly up her ribs and towards her succulent little breast mounds, she moaned softly luxuriating in my loving touch.

to be continued...

(just warming up again, everyone... it shouldn't be so long now between entries. Thanks for your patience!)

:rose: CTG

Whatever happened to...

Apologies, dear lurkers, for the delay in furthering this little teaser description. More will come soon.

CTG

RUbensBeautY said:
Sincerity should be rewarded and enthusiasm rekindled. :)

I am cheering for you. :rose:

Thanks, RUbensBeautY. I appreciate the thought, and the bump. Hmm, I suppose I must write more!

CTG

Good luck! I really hope you find her (I know you definately had me curious up till the no BBW's) You seem like a great guy that would make any woman happy!

You do have a whole lot of requirements...I would say to cut back on some because even though you say you arent looking for someone perfect, you sort of are. You should like them for who they are, not what they are.

Last edited:
xPinkxStarsx said:
Good luck! I really hope you find her (I know you definately had me curious up till the no BBW's) You seem like a great guy that would make any woman happy!

You do have a whole lot of requirements...I would say to cut back on some because even though you say you arent looking for someone perfect, you sort of are. You should like them for who they are, not what they are.

A belated thanks for the words of encouragement (and advice), Pink.

Kind of an interesting catch 22, isn't it? Online one needs to describe what one is interested in... but then in romance we're often surprised by what we find, which may or may not exactly fit our descriptions and ideas.

I have made every effort to be clear about what is most important to me, as best I know it, and which of the many interests I have are more preferences than requirements. Still, people may choose to read them as requirements or seeking of perfection... and it seems there is nothing I can really do about that.

I do have very high standards, to be sure... both for myself and for others. Maybe that's why I have such amazing friends and fantastic people in my life! It's not that I don't like and appreciate people for who they are, we all simply have to make choices about where we devote our energies, and especially to whom we offer our whole hearts and our whole selves.

I wish you the best of luck as well. :rose:

CTG

Back