Why Trump's message works

Oh, we know why Trump's message is working. For the first time in two generations, he's made it OK to be openly racist, xenophobic, misogynistic and so forth.
Which is actually a shame that we as humans haven’t evolved for the better.

Look - RoryN has issued an open challenge. I’ve willingly accepted and will remove myself for a complete year if wrong on the election.
If you can tout polls 13 months out then put your reputation on the line as well.
I have not made any predictions on the outcome of the elections and don’t plan to. I don’t have a crystal ball. The polls reflect a snapshot of voter sentiment. They don’t look great for the president right now. Maybe Biden will get younger, maybe people will feel better about their financial situations, maybe mortgage rates, housing prices and energy prices will retreat, maybe the border crisis will abate.

Nobody cares about the border crisis except you, Rightguide, and maybe the Hisarpy/Icanhelp/Chobham/etc. guy.

Trump has always been racist, same with DeSantis, and arguing otherwise is like arguing that Hitler wasn't racist. It only makes you look bad, and the more you support either him or DeSantis, frankly, the worse it makes you look.

No, he became an accused racist after he started making racist comments and defending white supremacists. whether he did so before or after he started running for office is irrelevant.

It's funny how Trump only became an accused racist after he started running for office.
That might be funny if it were true, but it's neither funny nor true. Trump "became an accused racist", if you will, the very first time he appeared in the public eye, back in 1973 when he and his father were sued for racial discrimination in renting out their properties. Then in 1989, there was his full page ad in the New York Times calling for the death penalty for the Central Park Five, who we now know were innocent. And then his very public and very zealous participation in the "Barack Obama was born in Kenya" nonsense.

So there's been strong evidence that he was a racist since a full four decades before he ran for office. And I could name other examples, but my point is made.

It's funny how Trump only became an accused racist after he started running for office.

Imagine having the Nixon administration DOJ bringing up charges against you for being racist. Imagine that.

Bn2f and YBD95 beat me to it. trump settled and paid a big fine and in trumpworld that’s a win that means total exoneration.

Look, I like you. You're a fan of Dunder Mifflin so I'm gonna give you some advice not to embarrass yourself anymore.
Stop supporting trump.
That's it.
You start at an ethical disadvantage by defending a man who is a liar and a rapist.
Also, no - I don't really like you.

Imagine having the Nixon administration DOJ bringing up charges against you for being racist. Imagine that.
Oh, the usual suspects will tell you Nixon was no racist either. If you really trigger them, they might even tell you the Southern strategy was a myth!

Amazing isn't it? There isn't a racist bone in his body. Here's Judge Joe Brown on Trump's alleged racism:

Those of us paying attention and not suffering TDS have seen how the media edited everything they could and the Trump racism narrative is completely made up. One of the most famous one being the "very fine people" edits.

The US economy was booming under Trump. It's now in shambles after just a couple years under the Biden administration.

Annual GDP growth average under Trump: 1.9%. The worst figure since Herbert Hoover. In no year under Trump did GDP grow by as much as 3%, despite his promise that he'd get growth up over 4%. The economy did NOT boom under Trump. Growth continued at a so-so pace, as it had for seven years under Obama, until the COVID recession.

There's no evidence for this Trump "boom" you refer to.

GDP growth so far under Biden has been greater than it was under 4 years of Donald Trump. Those are the facts. Inflation has been bad, but that's a worldwide phenomenon largely attributable to the COVID shutdown and the extraordinary stimulus spending that followed. Trump is as responsible for it as Biden. Unemployment is very low.

Those of us paying attention and not suffering TDS have seen how the media edited everything they could and the Trump racism narrative is completely made up. One of the most famous one being the "very fine people" edits.
Feel free to tell us how that comment was not endorsing the extremists. Go ahead, we'll wait.

Back in 2016 I had considered voting for Trump. His talk of bringing back manufacturing jobs to America was very appealing to me, however, it was all talk and no plan on how he was going to do that.

I liked his talk on closing tax loopholes and negotiating drug prices. However, once elected he did shit all on any of that.

i was curious about how he was going to build the wall and make Mexico pay for it, and he refused to elaborate on any plan to do that.

As a voter my biggest issue was the swamp in Washington so I was intensely interested in how he was going drain it, and it turns out we have very different ideas on what constitutes the swamp because according to Trump just beating Hillary was draining the swamp. Mission accomplished!

So that's the reason I say that while his message may be appealing...Donald J. Trump's message is all talk and no substance behind it.

Back