Why do I have incest thoughts and desires?

Why? Because your mother didn't give you her tit long enough as an infant. Or because she gave it to you for too long after the toddler years. :confused: Or you're just full of it. Either way...go ask your mother about it!

:)...

A lot of us have incestuous fantasies of some kind, and it is generally just the taboo issue. Or at least it seems to be. Though I have never had interest in a parent or anything like that, so I couldn't comment on the desire being for your mother.

What I will say is that I don't think it is healthy to make it more than a fantasy. I know a person in this thread has already spoken about how awesome it is banging their mom and having a kid with her. And for all I know that is true and their life is amazing and they will live happily ever after in a world of sparkles and gumdrops and incestuous sexy time.

But I have known people who have crossed lines like that before. In those situations, it always ended in serious complications, confusion and even emotional devastation. And that was just with siblings. I can't imagine the impact of crossing that line and dealing with the guilt associated with a parent/child relationship. Even if that child is full grown.

TLDR; you're probably fine and a fantasy is a fantasy. But you might want to skip on the advice in this thread saying to go for it.

This is just from my studies in psychology but:
Freud has stages of psychosexual behaviors,
In psychoanalytic theory, the term Oedipus complex denotes the emotions and ideas that the mind keeps in the unconscious, via dynamic repression, that concentrate upon a boy’s desire to sexually possess his mother, and kill his father.Sigmund Freud, who coined the term "Oedipus complex" believed that the Oedipus complex is a desire for the mother in both sexes (he believed that girls have a homosexual attraction towards their mother); Freud deprecated the term "Electra Complex", a term which was introduced by Carl Gustav Jung. The Oedipus complex occurs in the third — phallic stage (ages 3–6) — of five psychosexual development stages

Interesting. So what should he do? I guess he knows that it is not so weird and that alone can help the OP deal with it?

A lot of us have incestuous fantasies of some kind, and it is generally just the taboo issue. Or at least it seems to be. Though I have never had interest in a parent or anything like that, so I couldn't comment on the desire being for your mother.

What I will say is that I don't think it is healthy to make it more than a fantasy. I know a person in this thread has already spoken about how awesome it is banging their mom and having a kid with her. And for all I know that is true and their life is amazing and they will live happily ever after in a world of sparkles and gumdrops and incestuous sexy time.

But I have known people who have crossed lines like that before. In those situations, it always ended in serious complications, confusion and even emotional devastation. And that was just with siblings. I can't imagine the impact of crossing that line and dealing with the guilt associated with a parent/child relationship. Even if that child is full grown.

TLDR; you're probably fine and a fantasy is a fantasy. But you might want to skip on the advice in this thread saying to go for it.

What happened to those other couples? Why did things not work out? From what I've seen unhappiness often came when people rushed into things before they were ready e.g. emotionally, mentally, etc., and it was more lust than love (in which case you may be right not to go there). But there are happy people out there too, but like in the shops the happy customers usually stay silent while the unhappy ones complain loudly or we only hear about it when things go wrong.

Anyway, they know their situation better than anyone else, especially here, so should make their own mind up and follow the actions they think is right for them. There are plenty of people saying negative things, but occasionally it does not hurt to hear positive experiences.

Of course not everything is sparkles and gumdrops for everyone, and often problems have to be resolved, but all relationships need work to keep them, be it with family or not. They know their situation better than anyone here and should follow their heart but try to keep their head (sense) too.

Last edited:
Back