What's your mood today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
lucky-E-leven said:
Doing to the deck? Building it. :) Yesterday it was nothing but a header board and four posts set in concrete. Today the outer box is framed, the double beam completed and installed. I think I'll hang most of the joists today, if all goes well. Actually, if I can get my hand to cooperate.

I was attempting to manage the double beam by myself last night, and in the process of propping it up to mark where I was going to drill through and bolt it to the posts, it fell and smashed my hand against the tool box. Right between the thumb and pointer finger. So that joint that moves all the time and is pressed against the drill handle every 5 seconds ... yeah, that one ... keeps opening up and bleeding more. *sigh* It's got a nasty knot in it, but like I said earlier, I'm determined.

I still wouldn't shirk at your presence, if only for company and managing the charging station for all my cordless tool batteries.

:kiss:

I wish it was a sexier story, but it's pretty blah.

p.s. If you need a hand with any one of those 8, lemme know.

Wish you'd been doing this when we were there.....you'd have had two willing navvies to help out with all the holding, supporting, fetching and carrying.

Glad to hear the deck is now well on the way, but disappointed we won't have the chance to chill out on it this summer.

Well done superwoman.

I love this early time on a Saturday morning, when the house is silent, the wife is comfortably asleep (I love watching her sleep, she is stunningly beautiful, and her lips, which are enticing when awake, just beg me to kiss them when alseep), there's no rush and bustle....I can sit here in t-shirt and shorts, with my lappie, my tea, and relish in the knowledge that I don't have to rush about to get ready for work, and if I want to, I can go right back to bed and snuggle until my body is ready to get up.

The sun's shining, there's blue sky, very little wind...in fact its perfect.

In a little while I'm going to switch on the tv and digi recorder (what a fantastic machine that is, I don't think we've watched more than one live tv programme a day) and watch the highlights of the first two days of the Test Match (cricket, England v. W. Indies). I might make the wife watch a bit of it later, just so she can see what I'm talking about. Maybe.

Life is good.
Life is wonderful.
Life is love.

Good morning lovelies, I hope you all wake up to as beautiful a day as mine.

:) :kiss: :rose:

Delighted to have found a wonderful artist, new to me.....obviously been around a long time, (1824-98), but I've only just discovered him. Eugene Boudin I just love his paintings of the sea and seaside....such energy and life and colour.

Life is good when you can still delight in new discoveries.

I came across his name and work while checking for the dates of the Summer Exhibition at the Royal Academy in London this year, as well as Tate Britain to see what's happening there this summer....haven't got to the National Gallery yet...or the National Portrait Gallery.....on my way there now.

I love the internet. Makes everything so much easier....the world of instant gratification has never been so easy.

Just discovered, to my shame, that some of his work is exhibited at the National Gallery but in my defence, there are so many pictures there, that after a while you get picture blindness and stop noticing individual ones...they all blend into one another. I can usually only spend a couple of hours looking before my mind shuts down. It's best to simply go specifically to view a set number of galleries, rather than the whole thing. That way, you get the maximum pleasure from each visit.

Last edited:
Morning world and Morning Mat :)

Well, it's going to be a busy one today, I have presents to wrap because it's my Nanna's birthday, gotta go to the shops with the daughter, then to the hairdressers with Nanna THEN Home to watch the FA cup final (I'm so excited!) and I then hae a cake to bake tonight. (For Nanna and sister's boyf's joint birhday tea at mums tommorrow)

All this and I got up in the night for a good hour and a half to attend a chat which was...badly attended to say the least. I'm going to collapse by bed time *L*

Mood:prett upbeat.

Well, separating the credit cards was easy. Utilities are already all in my name. Next on the agenda: Banking.

Mood: Excellent! The plumber has finally called, work done and no leaks!

On the other hand, miffed to receive no comments on my "Clue Thread" entry, ok it was written and submitted in the wee hours of the morn, maybe it deserved deleting :D

Boudin is wonderful!

imp: Good luck. I'm here if a shoulder is needed, or an ear to vent at. Been there pretty recently.

Mood: Pretty stinkin good! Turning out to be a decent-ish day so far, though it could get very interesting before too long. A little disappointed that the only time out of the week that the Bodyguard and I could spend alone together is going to end up filled with visitors and repairmen - all at the same time - but it will be made up for.

Anybody have a set of Barron's anatomy flash cards they're willing to be parted from?

impressive said:
Well, separating the credit cards was easy. Utilities are already all in my name. Next on the agenda: Banking.

You are strong, I know you can tell him what you WANT!
We are all behind you ! (even if we are looking at your ass! lol)
C :kiss: :heart:

Vermilion said:
Don't know if you're serious or not, but if you are it means what sort of salary are you expecting to get?
remuneration is repayment (for the work you do).

If you were just teasing then I'm sorry to be patronising :)

x
V

No I was serious! I had no idea what it meant and frankly didn't take the time to find out. I guess I was asking for too much? It was the going rate and frankly they aren't suppose to bring it up on the first interview anyway! $10-12 canadian per hour for an office admin and reception job, for 25 real estate agents, they will be lucky to get anyone cheaper.

Thanks One in a Vermilion!
C :heart:

I'm not awake yet. I'm going to finish up my forum crawl and then go get some breakfast. Maybe I'll be awake at the end of eating. Here's hoping.

my mood is worthless...lower than the lowest sleeze...all for wanting something for myself. I want to go home at this moment and never be here for long amounts of time and that is selfish of me and I know it. I hate it when they make me feel like this. I'm tired of the snide comments they don't make near the husband or that they find funny. I've never had people say things like this to me...some nasty things yes but not the low degrading comments hidden. maybe i'm just beign to sensitive. I just want to go home.

SensualCealy said:
No I was serious! I had no idea what it meant and frankly didn't take the time to find out. I guess I was asking for too much? It was the going rate and frankly they aren't suppose to bring it up on the first interview anyway! $10-12 canadian per hour for an office admin and reception job, for 25 real estate agents, they will be lucky to get anyone cheaper.

Thanks One in a Vermilion!
C :heart:

You are more than welcome Cealy :)
Just ask them for what you're worth and if they won't pay it then they don;t deserve you :)
x
V

Chantilyvamp said:
my mood is worthless...lower than the lowest sleeze...all for wanting something for myself. I want to go home at this moment and never be here for long amounts of time and that is selfish of me and I know it. I hate it when they make me feel like this. I'm tired of the snide comments they don't make near the husband or that they find funny. I've never had people say things like this to me...some nasty things yes but not the low degrading comments hidden. maybe i'm just beign to sensitive. I just want to go home.

:rose:

Chantilyvamp said:

<tuddles>

x
V

moanin peeps. giving out hugs and keeses and you will take them if you know whats good for you...

slowly waking up. left over coffee sucks but i have ZERO energy to make a pot.

Chantilyvamp said:

*HUGS* Chantily.

vella_ms said:
moanin peeps. giving out hugs and keeses and you will take them if you know whats good for you...

Morning vella. *HUGS*

Just started a pot. (Blasted roommate)

But you'll have to come get it. ;)

vella_ms said:

it has extra flavor and body to enable you to appreciate the fresh more...
:p oh and morning :rose:

rgraham666 said:
Morning vella. *HUGS*

Just started a pot. (Blasted roommate)

But you'll have to come get it. ;)
LOL i still havent made it off the chair but im glancing at the kitchen like...WTF? where's the coffee?!

feeeriek said:
it has extra flavor and body to enable you to appreciate the fresh more...
:p oh and morning :rose:
well, this is true.
so, what you're saying is: quit your bitching.
:kiss::rose:
kk, im done.

just had a lovely flashback

sitting in a lovely old wooden chair in the sand on the cape, looking out over the water and drinking coffee so strong it could singe nose hair. the air smells sweet and salty and there is a slight breeze...the sand is cold from the night still but feels like a massage as i run my toes through it. the lobstermen are heading out for the morning catch and i can hear their muted voices in a choppy cadence. there is a dog on the beach, investigating horseshoe crabs...his owner several paces away.

i havent been home sick ... ever... but these moment make my heart ache for more.

Good morning all. I'm too lazy myselft this morning to make a pot of coffee so I opted for instant...what a fool am I.

It sounds like a lovely memory, Vella. :rose:

maggot420 said:
Good morning all. I'm too lazy myselft this morning to make a pot of coffee so I opted for instant...what a fool am I.

It sounds like a lovely memory, Vella. :rose:
smiles. it is. one day, one day... that's where i want to end up.

i so understand about the coffee. blah. :kiss:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back