What were you like in high school?

Well I wish I was a little more confident with the girls..I was fairly shy..I am sure that I would have a much better experience.

Well I wish I was a little more confident with the girls..I was fairly shy..I am sure that I would have a much better experience.

[sigh] I know that feeling. Shyness is rough. The only thing worse is failed relationship attempts. A number of the people I tried to hook up with were just not interested and told me so quite forcefully. The cheerleader whose locker I slipped love notes into (see opening post of this thread) was an example. At least I have a few good memories. A few girls kissed me, I had a few dates, one flashing, a bit of petting, a lot of prom dances… but far more turn-downs or just dates I had to decline due to lack of time or other apparently necessary resources. And a few people I wasn’t sure about like this one girl who I could never be sure was out to get with me or just tempt me and then mock me. I got away from her before I found out which, doubt we’ll ever meet again. Oh well, at least I got a few good fantasies out of knowing her. Just about all the other girls never wanted to go very far with me. I ended up having to resort to excessive masturbation to relieve my anxiety, plus a few more open minded women I found in my senior year and the summer before it (the flasher was one of those, but I didn’t have time to get far with her, we also weren’t alone). College gave me more diverse experiences when I got there. Same for adulthood. Still, real me will never get as much Casanova accomplishment as fantasy me. I will just continue writing about his experiences. :) Glad my imagination gives me a window into that variant’s dimension and Sylvie’s bombs have preserved it from deletion by certain elements thus far (referring to Disney Plus Loki for those not in the know).

Jasperrocks- Thx. I’ll let you know.

Shy, or not shy, boys are at a serious disadvantage. Girls mature earlier, have an innate understanding of human interactions, and are so awesome, that all we can do is stare, drool, and look like idiots.

Sorry, I didn't intend to generalize...that's my experience.

Last edited:
Shy, or not shy, boys are at a serious disadvantage. Girls mature earlier, have an innate understanding of human interactions, and are so awesome, that all we can do is stare, drool, and look like idiots.

Sorry, I didn't intend to generalize...that's my experience.
Yes that pretty much sums it up!

It's the not-so-good girl equivalent to a hooker leaning into the car and asking, "Wanna date?" And does cost the guy more with the not-so-good girl. What with all the buying the meal, plying her with booze, and such.
My instinct was "Let's go fuck." Yours is classier and much less desperate.
EDIT: I typed doesn't when I meant does.

Last edited:
I recall many times sitting at my desk with a raging hardon that would just appear. I would often press it against the under side of the desk, it was a pain pleasure thing never once thought about what someone could see from the other side lol.

I graduated from an American high school in the 1990s.

Outcast, loner. No friends, no girlfriends. My graduating class alone was over 500 students. Most people either knew me and hated my guts or didn't know me.

Ended up going to prom with a young woman with huge reputation as the school slut. No one wanted to go to prom with her due to her rep so she asked me.

I was bullied for a few years till I put two guys in the hospital because I wanted to get expelled so I could take college level courses at the Community College, which was allowed as a last chance option for at risk students kicked out of the normal high school. They both got expelled as it 'takes two to fight' and the school assumed they had beat each other while I had to stay. After that most of the other students stayed far away.

Spent the next three years of high school trying to get kicked out. I allegedly set a dumpster on fire behind the building. I allegedly drained the oil out of some of the school owned trucks to just trash the engines. No matter what happened I never got in trouble, it would go under the rug. Years later, the school got in the news, a rapist had attacked some girls and they tried to cover it all up. Then it came out that they had pretty much been covering up almost anything for years.

I had seen a bunch of the girls nude in the change room once. Bullies locked me in this next to the gym weight training room after school at 7pm or so and held the door closed. There was a way from that room to the girl locker room if someone could pick the lock. I picked the lock- slipped a ruler into the door crack and walked to the other end of their locker room where there was another door out, while one of the teams was showering / changing. No one believed it was me as I was a dork and a social pariah and the only boys that should have been on school grounds were with the sports program and I had the good sense to cover my face with a gym shirt. Then a few guys claimed it was them and they got in a huge fight with the friends/boy friends of the women's sports team. And I had no one to tell as I had no friends. And the girls were trying to cover it up as they were worried their dads would find out and pull them off the teams.

So it became this strange non-event, that happened, only it didn't because the boys who claimed to have done it were shown to be lying and the girls really were lying to make the whole thing go away. I had been trying not to look as it was not okay to be a creepy peeping sickco. In this surreal moment, they saw me, asked me to come over to talk to them while they were in the shower, in the buff, mistakenly thinking I was this one really popular guy on the wrestling and football teams. After about 10 seconds they freaked out and started covering themselves because they realized I was not the cute guy they were trying to show off to. As soon as they saw there was a guy in the locker room I assumed they were going to freak so was trying like hell to get out of there. I was deeply hurt for the rest of my time in school by the knowledge that had I been that cute guy, they all would have been cool with me seeing them naked, it was not soon much what happened but who was involved that they had a problem with.

Last edited:
I was quiet, but not stalker quiet. Had some girlfriends, didn't party at all. Looking back there are several things I'd do different if I knew then what I know now. Firstly I'd let my gay neighbor, who was a few years older than me, that I know his secret, and I want him to experiment, and teach how to pleasure him. He was very fit, and I was a soft 180lb young man. I was just thinking how our adventures would play out.

I was a total try-hard do-gooder, who did everything dad wanted. What did he want? One of his kids to go to a top-ten university. I was the youngest, nobody else had done this, and I foolishly took it upon myself as a personal obligation. His desire then became my motivation:
  • I was in leadership positions in clubs (honor society, school annual, student government) that looked good on a college application.
  • I was on a year-round sports team because I liked it and was pretty good at it, but more because it looked good on a college application.
  • I got straight-A's... because it looked good on a college application.
  • I engaged in volunteer stuff... it looked good on a college application.
  • I studied for and killed entrance exams... college application.
I had a lot of friends and I dated around, but the hobbies and interests I pursued were generally things my father disapproved of (working on anything that had an American pushrod V8 in it). When he voiced his disapproval, I just concealed most of my hobbies from him. The thing I had to conceal from him the most? The depth of my involvement with a girl I was dating who came from the proverbial "wrong side of the tracks" (we were upper-middle class, but in a smaller town).

I got into and went to that fancy school thousands of miles from home. I immediately learned my grave mistake, and how I completely did not fit in. I was the dumbest guy in class. I was interested in engineering and cars, and there wasn't even an engineering school. My grades tanked. I learned that my motivations and personality were both totally screwed up. Felt completely hollow and lost. I took years to figure out my own motivations and find a direction.

My first step in figuring out who I was apart from my dad? About halfway through college I eloped with that girl I dated my senior year shortly after dad told me that I needed to break up with her. Been married over 30 years now.

The shield reminds me of how much I used to fervently wish, as a child, for the ability to stop time so I could have as long as I wanted without anyone bothering me, to just imagine stuff, and maybe read, without having to be interrupted by all the things and people in real life intruding constantly.
Reading under the covers with a flashlight? I spent many a night that way. Every once in a while I had to turn it off and come up for air.

Comshaw

Reading under the covers with a flashlight? I spent many a night that way. Every once in a while I had to turn it off and come up for air.

Comshaw
I read Dracula that way in maybe 9th grade. It got a little spooky.

When I look back I don't even recognize myself..I was an athlete... volleyball and softball... Painfully shy and in mostly honors classes... so shy ..it's crazy to think about now

Well… physically I was a little bit taller, much shorter hair than now, and a lot thinner. Mostly A’s with an occasional B or B+. I was involved in drama and choir as well as the school newspaper. My school friends and my after school friends were two different groups (hell the after school friends were from different schools), and the one time I tried to mix them it wasn’t great, but that’s high school for you. I wish I’d known I was ASD back then and could’ve gotten counseling to learn how to deal with it, but back then autism was only recognized in extreme cases.

If we're filling movie tropes as our HS self I was the criminal, the mastermind, and the homeless kid. I gather most people presumed I was violent, on drugs, and slept around - none of which was true (if we rewind to middle school I was violent). I was in honors classes because I had twice the IQ of anyone else in there, but I was definitely "out of theme" for my environment. I did have a few friends who knew I wasn't "the bad kid" but labels come thick and they were only half right.

20 years ago I wrote a long form story in a certain '[something] in high school' series and the protagonist in that at the start was somewhat based on myself. Though her family was not. A dangerous kid who's too smart, but not mature enough, makes all the wrong choices, and has been let down too many times.

I went to two different high schools. Looking back, it's like two different lifetimes.
Grade 9-10 were at a run-down inner-city school in the city I'd grown up in from age 6. I'd been through a lot of bullying from grades 6-8 which had left me seriously introverted and with a lousy attitude about school in general, and I'm afraid my grades reflected this. The bullying from other students was mostly a thing of the past by then (not quite entirely but mostly), but my 9th grade math teacher was downright abusive. I still can't hear the word "geometry" without feeling disgusted and furious. I'd have rather put up with more bullying from the kids - at least they were in no position of authority. Despite that, I did manage to make good grades my first quarter...but then they slid down steadily from there. I only had one really close friend at the time, and he went to another school.

Grade 11-12 were at an affluent suburban high school 600 miles and one world away from my old school. (My dad had been trying for years to get a transfer, and he finally got it.) My grades soared, I made a lot of friends, and I was known as shy but quietly friendly, well respected by my teachers and peers alike. For all that, I got seriously depressed early on, because only now that the horrors of my old school were in the past did I realize just how bad it had been, not to mention how much better it could have been if only Dad had gotten that transfer either (not his fault; he did try). While I had more than my share of teenage angst to wade through at the time, my memories of those two years are now mostly very positive - lots of friends, lots of good times with those friends during and after school, and I did pretty well academically. I sometimes felt like an extra in a John Hughes movie, but compared to where I'd come from, that was not a bad thing. :)

One thing I learned at my second school was something we see at the heart of a lot of teen movies: the popular kids are often just as miserable as everyone else underneath it all. I had a friend who was the very epitome of the beautiful people: honor student, cheerleader, had plenty of friends in both camps, and a really nice girl besides. Junior year, she tried to kill herself. I wasn't close enough to ever ask why, but I overheard something about an abusive boyfriend. Definitely something I never could have fathomed on my own!

Pretty happy as not-one-of-the-crowd. I had a best friend and was close to her boyfriend. I didn't go to the senior prom. Claimed I didn't have a dress. Came from one of the few college educated families in a fundamentalist town where our Methodist churce was flamingly liberal. Smartest kid in the class from kindergarten through graduation (valedictorian, of course). This insulated me from trying to be one-of-the-crowd. I was pretty nice. I often sat with a girl with Down syndrome on the bus and then one of the guidance counselors asked if I'd invite her to a basketball game. You get the picture?

I didn't go to the senior prom.
This has gotten me thinking about my status as a rare bird. (A concept that's gotten traction in my ongoing self-diagnosis since I posted What I Wrote and Why.) I didn't date in high school at all. I didn't think of myself as attractive, but looking at my high school pictures, I see that I was actually quite pretty. I've never thought of myself that way, but hubby would still disagree.

This got me thinking about the fact that in my adulthood I was privileged to have a romantic relationship with two very remarkable men. One is my hubby. They were intelligent, kind, wise and much admired by their colleagues and sought after by other women. One was (is) handsome, the other very pleasant to look at. Who'd-a-thunk was my reaction when I "caught" each one.

I still don't understand my life. But it's been fun!

Last edited:
Back