What is the age difference between you and your SO? What is your limit if you're single?

My wife is less than 2 years younger than me. But, when I was in college I had a few casual relationships with much older women. The largest age gap was 49 years. I was 21, she was 70.

8 yrs separation. Minimum age is 21. Oldest age 70. Of course for any age there needs to be chemistry.

My wife and I are six weeks apart. I'm 60. If I were single the youngest I'd go is mid to late 30s (if they'd have me).

it used to be 10 years, now ... it dont matter. the older ya get, its just a number. altho too young is a no go, i dont want to train anyone.
That's what I say. I don't like them too young. I work at a HS and sometimes a kid will say the L word and I say, "The F you do unless you're trying to get me fired cause I sure don't".

I am very strict with the ages of people I will date. I'm a survivor of CSA. As I've said before, the same grown men who contacted me when I was a child are the same grown men who contacted me when I was 18-20 years old. Stop being predatory and date people around your own age.

I have a weird thing where I am deeply attracted to a mother and her two daughters, or rather the older daughter, her mum, and the younger sister. If the mum and I were both single I would happily marry her and be stepdad (without any funny business) to the two girls, or I could be with either of the two girls and be best friends with the other girl and their mum. The mum is two years older than me, and the two girls 31 and 33 years younger, but the age gap is not there when we are talking and kidding around. If you place any credence in astrology, the older girl is a good match in the western system, and the younger an extremely good match in the Vedic system.

Another weird thing is that I have been asked, when the actual Dad is not around, whether the mum is my wife, and the girls my daughters, or whether we are all close kin.

Last edited:
Single now. 8 yrs difference is about my limit until I meet someone that pushes that line

So what age difference do you and your SO have? What's the greatest difference you think is ok?
My wife is 10 years older than I am, and three days.

She’s 66, I am 56. We met after I got divorced and her husband passed. It’s been a meting of the minds for us. Very happy marriage, great communication, we both have a few side businesses and I help her and she helps me.

And the sex life has been amazing. No complaints at all.

Our kids are all on their own, so empty nesters now.

I’ve always been into older women. Love maturity, but also just the look.

Over the last few years I have looked at younger women at work a little differently. I flirt with a few women at work in the early/mid 20s. Would love to take them, but don’t.

We have spoken abt potentially opening our marriage. She’s very much on the fence abt it. We’ll see….

Not an SO but some one I see in a "no strings attached" open arrangement is like 35 yrs older to me. I think as long as the guy is cute, fit and makes me feel great I wouldn't limit my pool

My current love is 10years my junior.

I have always been involved in women who were intellectual. I am so hard for genius women. It is not so easy to find one who is a genius but when I do it is so nice to have someone I can talk to for hours and hours about anything.

I was a chubby fat kid in high school. When I got to college I was extremely fit. I crawled into the world became wealthy before finishing school, dropped out and lost the intellectual women’s eye or became somewhat of an intimidating young man before I was 22.

I made the mistake of getting involved with an actress who was much older than myself…a sociopath who had her way with me for a number of years and not in a pleasant way. It was painful awful and lonely beyond expression and took 12 years of my life because it took 7 years to get divorced and my fortune and hers was gone over it.

Now I do background checks..
I am NEWLY married. My wife is much younger than I. The age gap means nothing to me but her family hates me for it. She is smart and so sexy. I adore and worship her.

The majority of women I have been involved with including my wife were younger than me, with only one being older than me. 2 years twice and my current wife is 7 years younger than me. I did have a girl friend who was 2 years older than me before I was married.

To me age is not a determining factor at all. It's whether you click, want the same things out of life and compliment each other as a couple.

I like older women. My ex was five years older than me, my current wife is 10 years and 3 days older than me.

She’s 66 and I am 56.

Between marriages, I was looking for women who are 5 to 10 years younger than me. It just didn’t click, but I had a fun time sowing some wild oats.

I’ve dated girls older and younger than me, so really age is just a number. There used to be an old “man code” rule of thumb, and you can still google it: “ Half your age plus 7”, the so called ideal age for your female SO. Here’s one of many articles on it:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...p/201405/who-is-too-young-or-too-old-you-date

As it turns out my future wife was 22 and I was 30 when we started dating and we’ve been married over 30 years so maybe some truth to it. But like I said, age is just a number and this is just a fun thread…

I am 7 months older than my wife.

When I was single I never thought of a limit.

Back