What is the age difference between you and your SO? What is your limit if you're single?

I am currently single. My last SO was a year younger than me. As for future SOs, I plan to keep it within the bounds of legality. Beyond that, I am letting God direct me and hoping good things come soon.

I say this as a supporter of many historical and celebrity couples with an age difference. Including Katherine McPhee and her husband, Grover Cleveland and his wife, and my own parents (who have a 12-year age difference and have been together since 1982).

I prefer guys about 10 years older. My ex was 36 and I was 25. He didn't have the immaturity that a lot of guys younger than him did.

My wife is three months younger than me. She did have sex with a man 20+ years older and others 12 years younger, so I'm not sure what her limit would be if we weren't married.

At 50 I'm three months older than my wife. If single, I'd consider anything between about 5 yrs older to 10 years younger.

I am 47. Married at 19 to 50 yo, just to stick it to my parents, btw, was my fathers former business partner of 15 years. Had been together for nearly 3 years before announcing to them. Married again at 24 to 38 yo for 22 years. Current lover is 23 yo.

I am 47. Married at 19 to 50 yo, just to stick it to my parents, btw, was my fathers former business partner of 15 years. Had been together for nearly 3 years before announcing to them. Married again at 24 to 38 yo for 22 years. Current lover is 23 yo.
I bet that 23yo definitely keeps up with you and then some.

My wife is 15 years older than me. Married her when I was 32, and she was 47. Second time around for both of us. Coming up on our 29th anniversary in December. In retrospect (hindsight being 20/20 and all), I wouldn't recommend that big of an age difference.

Theres seven years between myself and my wife, me being the younger.

Ive been with partners ten years younger than me, and had one who was at least thirty years older than me.

If I became unattached then i would be happy to be with ayone over the age of consent, a maximum age isnt really a worry to me these days

My wife is 15 years older than me. Married her when I was 32, and she was 47. Second time around for both of us. Coming up on our 29th anniversary in December. In retrospect (hindsight being 20/20 and all), I wouldn't recommend that big of an age difference.

I tend to think that compatibility wise, it's not such a big deal when there is that kind of an age split but it's the guy who is older. Now, that sounds sexist, but it's really a practicality. I think women have a time around menopause when their libido goes AWOL. Now, if you are with an older guy, well - his libido is likely slowing down at the same time too.

But if it's flipped? Then you have a spouse that is rearing to go, but you aren't. I'm not sure it's fair to expect your partner to deny such natural, hormone driven feelings/actions. But it's been my experience that more often than not, that's exactly what happens. I think it amplifies a lot of unhappiness.

Now for me, I was married for 29 years to a guy 3 years older than me. For many of those years, we were very compatible - and I have to give him credit for giving me a space to become comfortable with my sexuality. I think it was always there, but I/we were in an environment where sexual women were repressed. I regret mightily that our parting has been so nasty.

Interestingly enough, his new partner is 30 years younger. And I have two lovers who are 20 years older. However, I also have a lover who is 13 years younger. And an online buddy who is also 15 years younger that I don't know now to characterize. I don't have any trouble believing that younger women are interested in older men. I do have difficulty wrapping my head around the idea that younger men could be honestly interested in me. But the two that I have in my life, who continue to be interested in me where the effort to maintain the relationship is equal...well, they're doing a lot to make me feel a lot more confident in my attractiveness to younger men. And I'm quite thankful for that.

First wife was 7 years older than me. This wife is 6 years younger than me. Life is good!

I am 6 years older than my wife.

If I was single again... I am not sure. At 47, I am not opposed to older or younger women. I think it would depend on the relationship. If it was more relaxed and uncommital, I don't know if I would set hard limits. However, if we are talking about a woman I would marry, probably not more than 10 or 12 in either direction. Anything more than 3 or 4 years I feel there is not so much a generation gap, but a difference in the world you grow up in.

I don't precisely know, but I fancy the idea of going out courtesy of a stroke brought on by fucking my 30 years younger wife silly at the age of 92.

I'm 11 years and 11 months her senior. She was in her late teens and I just turned 30 when we first met 🙂

My former lover and current wife is 10 years younger than me. The age gap was one of main reasons I resisted for so long when she first started chasing after me. (The other two being she was already in a relationship, and I was just not sexually interested in her). I’d only slept with two other women younger than me before both drunken flings in that year and was feeling guilty about those. with a gap of (2 and 4 years younger). However not my biggest age gap by a long shot I seemed to attract loud, often obnoxious older women rebounding off failed marriages and relationships in my late teens up to twenty when I got the hang of swerving them not sure what the largest gap was in excess of 25 years at least. I don’t know what age gap I could sleep with now, by the age of 17 I had realised that nearly all of the women I was attracted to were between 22 and 27 as I’ve got older this if anything has got more acute as my sex drive has fallen away so I guess about 26 at present and going up each year, if I ever get drunk enough to overcome my self revulsion it hitting on a woman that much younger than me whose interested, so very unlikely.

I am 4 years older than my SO. But you would think she is much older just by our personalities.

Back