What I Wrote And Why: April Fools Daddy

Djmac1031

Consumate BS Artist
I know @StillStunned recently posted about a full fledged challenge for this idea coming in the summer, but I'd already started writing this and so figured I may as well finish.

The story I chose to highlight is April Fools Daddy. Link below:

https://literotica.com/s/april-fools-daddy

Why did I choose this one?

First, because it's short, only 3k words, one LE page. So on the off chance you felt like reading it first, it wouldn't take long.

Second, it's probably a bit misunderstood. Because while both category and the title imply an Incest story.... it's not actually an incest story.

Which I think accounts for the less than Red H rating and low views. People who hate incest avoided reading it, while those who enjoy an incest story were probably confused and disappointed.

Because yes, it's an April Fools story.

Spoilers below.

So of course there was the April Fools contest. And I needed an idea to fit the theme.

Originally it was going to be an actual incest story; April, the daughter, confesses to Andrew, her father, that she has an Only Fans account and, under the pseudonym “Honey Bee,” is using it to make money to help pay for college.

Dad freaks out at this confession because, it turns out, he has been following “Honey Bee” for almost a year; sexting her, sending her dick pics, buying her panties, etc.

He didn't realize “Honey Bee” was his daughter because she wears disguises; colorful wigs, masks, even colored contact lenses.

The original twist was going to be that April knew her father had been following her account and she knowingly sexted with him, and her “confession” was to take things to the next level between them.

But then, as had also happened with my story My Daughter, The Nudist, I started thinking... what if this WASN'T a typical incest story?

What if April wasn't trying to seduce her father, just teach him a lesson?

What if she wasn't actually Honey Bee, only pranking her father? That was a better April Fools joke than just “revealing” she knew about Dad sexting her.

From there I had to decide WHY she'd do it, though.

That came easy enough; April found evidence of what Dad was up to with Honey Bee on his laptop and it upset her because her father was being disrespectful to her mother.

And so April's “revelation” became not just a prank, but a life lesson, a way to show her father the errors of his actions and to learn to understand that fantasies are fine, as long as we do not let them become detrimental to our real life relationships.

And so April and Andrew come to a better understanding and reconcile the problem together.

And then, just because I could, I threw in one last little twist at the end. A joke I'm sure annoyed the hell out of readers hoping against hope that the story still might wind up having Daddy and daughter actually fuck.

I think that's probably what hurt the story; the fact that it “promised” incest (after all, it was published in the Incest catagoey,) and then I yank the tug out from under them not once, but twice.

But again that was kinda the point, and I knew going in it might get some backlash.

The other factor is length; again it's really short. But there was only so long I could stretch out the joke.

Still, most readers, or at least those who commented, seemed to get it and appreciate both the humor and the moral of the story.

And to date it's the story title I'm most proud of, because it completely gives away the twist and yet most readers said they still didn't see it coming.

Last edited:
Oh, and if it helps entice anyone to read the story, here's an AI image i created of "Honey Bee."

Attachments

• ddea8685-a04d-4f9b-a0bd-a5054c0daa60_width=512&height=768.jpg
    ddea8685-a04d-4f9b-a0bd-a5054c0daa60_width=512&height=768.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 9
I know @StillStunned recently posted about a full fledged challenge for this idea coming in the summer, but I'd already started writing this and so figured I may as well finish.

The story I chose to highlight is April Fools Daddy. Link below:

https://literotica.com/s/april-fools-daddy

Why did I choose this one?

First, because it's short, only 3k words, one LE page. So on the off chance you felt like reading it first, it wouldn't take long.

Second, it's probably a bit misunderstood. Because while both category and the title imply an Incest story.... it's not actually an incest story.

Which I think accounts for the less than Red H rating and low views. People who hate incest avoided reading it, while those who enjoy an incest story were probably confused and disappointed.

Because yes, it's an April Fools story.

Spoilers below.

So of course there was the April Fools contest. And I needed an idea to fit the theme.

Originally it was going to be an actual incest story; April, the daughter, confesses to Andrew, her father, that she has an Only Fans account and, under the pseudonym “Honey Bee,” is using it to make money to help pay for college.

Dad freaks out at this confession because, it turns out, he has been following “Honey Bee” for almost a year; sexting her, sending her dick pics, buying her panties, etc.

He didn't realize “Honey Bee” was his daughter because she wears disguises; colorful wigs, masks, even colored contact lenses.

The original twist was going to be that April knew her father had been following her account and she knowingly sexted with him, and her “confession” was to take things to the next level between them.

But then, as had also happened with my story My Daughter, The Nudist, I started thinking... what if this WASN'T a typical incest story?

What if April wasn't trying to seduce her father, just teach him a lesson?

What if she wasn't actually Honey Bee, only pranking her father? That was a better April Fools joke than just “revealing” she knew about Dad sexting her.

From there I had to decide WHY she'd do it, though.

That came easy enough; April found evidence of what Dad was up to with Honey Bee on his laptop and it upset her because her father was being disrespectful to her mother.

And so April's “revelation” became not just a prank, but a life lesson, a way to show her father the errors of his actions and to learn to understand that fantasies are fine, as long as we do not let them become detrimental to our real life relationships.

And so April and Andrew come to a better understanding and reconcile the problem together.

And then, just because I could, I threw in one last little twist at the end. A joke I'm sure annoyed the hell out of readers hoping against hope that the story still might wind up having Daddy and daughter actually fuck.

I think that's probably what hurt the story; the fact that it “promised” incest (after all, it was published in the Incest catagoey,) and then I yank the tug out from under them not once, but twice.

But again that was kinda the point, and I knew going in it might get some backlash.

The other factor is length; again it's really short. But there was only so long I could stretch out the joke.

Still, most readers, or at least those who commented, seemed to get it and appreciate both the humor and the moral of the story.

And to date it's the story title I'm most proud of, because it completely gives away the twist and yet most readers said they still didn't see it coming.
Started reading - will finish later.

To be slightly more serious (this isn’t going to be hard), I think your trademark is to take tropes and then say “what if?” I think that’s a valuable thing to do.

Emily

To be slightly more serious (this isn’t going to be hard), I think your trademark is to take tropes and then say “what if?” I think that’s a valuable thing to do.

Emily

Thank you. But I'm sure I've written my fair share of tropes too.

So, you wrote a story about April Fools Day which was itself an April Fools prank.

Well done.

Very fun! Well done...
But you're telling me that with honkers like those, that the progenitor wouldn't recognize them a million miles away? 🤔😅

Back