What do your stories try to do?

It's funny how often you see comments suggesting something you've already written as you are working a few chapters ahead, but I've never let the comments guide the work. I feel like I always know where I'm going, even at those times when I am still looking for the best route to get there. I've had characters surprise me along the way and bend the arc in some unexpected ways, but the comments are more about, 'did they get it?', than 'did I go where the audience wanted?'.

I'm frankly terrible at writing for others. Just can't get motivated if it's not somewhere that I really want to go.

Think it just makes you wonder if you are connecting the way you hoped or if you've set up shop where your intended audience is most likely to find you.
I've done that once as an experiment. In my Amber's Ambush series, I asked for ideas and am implementing some of them in chapters 2, 3, and 4(yet to be written). Most of them were ideas I already had, one or two added an interesting trwist. It's a fun excerxcise, but not somehting I'll do on a regualr basis.

Writing is my very own personal master key to that big ole alluring door staring me in the face. Behind it, to paraphrase ZZ Top, is a 'lotta nice sex.'

Each story is one room in the mansion. Reader, would you please follow along with me while we see what's going on in there?

Is that the zombie show with Pedro Pascal?

Em
No, I'm all about enthusiastic consent, and I haven't yet had a character give a partner permission to eat that character's brains.

I've used that motto about 'the rest of us' for quite a while, and only realized after posting the earlier message that my stories are pretty limited in who 'the rest of us' are. (Often, the ‘us’ are people who aren’t conventionally attractive.) My own nature and experience are cis-het. While I've stretched that a bit in my writing to include other varieties of cis, I've written almost nothing outside of what would be defined as cis. Mainly that's because I'm vastly ignorant about that, and I don't want to offend or insult people in that part of 'the rest of us.' I've bookmarked the link to @stickygirl's Q&As by an MTF trans person*, and over time I might learn things.

* https://forum.literotica.com/threads/ask-a-mtf-tg-a-question.960170/

No, I'm all about enthusiastic consent, and I haven't yet had a character give a partner permission to eat that character's brains.

I've used that motto about 'the rest of us' for quite a while, and only realized after posting the earlier message that my stories are pretty limited in who 'the rest of us' are. (Often, the ‘us’ are people who aren’t conventionally attractive.) My own nature and experience are cis-het. While I've stretched that a bit in my writing to include other varieties of cis, I've written almost nothing outside of what would be defined as cis. Mainly that's because I'm vastly ignorant about that, and I don't want to offend or insult people in that part of 'the rest of us.' I've bookmarked the link to @stickygirl's Q&As by an MTF trans person*, and over time I might learn things.

Sorry - just being goofy 😜

Em

I hope you're not disappointed :) If you were to believe most trans threads you'd get the impression we're all unhinged. I suspect that to save the trans boat from sinking in the sea of fetishism on this site requires a bigger bucket than I own and a determination I lack.

My MC is usually trans, but her label is never the focus of the plot. I prefer to portray her as someone who has passion and fun despite being trans and in my make-believe world, is accepted without fanfare... That probably disappoints quite a few readers and several have commented the story wasn't what they expected, but enjoyed it all the same. Job done.

I write CFNM stories to turn myself on. I also like the fact that others (even though they are not huge in number) seem to be amused, aroused, and entertained by my stories. Scores aren't that important (though I prefer them to be high, of course), but I do like to know that some people are reading, which means my stories are not solely an act of self pleasuring...not that there's anything wrong with that.😉

Different things.
Some, I've got a vivid erotic image in my head that I need to write into a story to get it out of my head (like an earworm only more distracting).

Some are processing stuff that's happened to me or people I know, not necessarily obvious to readers.

One was written for the spouse to enjoy.

Several are mainly for me to enjoy, but also include people who don't often get much coverage in erotica (with chronic illnesses/disability/mental health issues, especially) just because I find lives outside the mainstream more interesting and thus erotic. Ideally I'd lure way more readers into enjoying queer content, being happy to read about kinks not their own, etc., but generally I just aim to please the readers who do like such things.

I do explicitly try to show off interesting bits of the UK, landscape, buildings, food etc., too, as well as playing with different UK accents and dialects. I'm still waiting for my sponsorship by the British Tourist Board...

I feel excluded. Is women cumming no good for you?

Em

I checked their profile. They have no posted works on Literotica, and their profile refers to some other website. :rolleyes: Not even sure that's allowed within Lit's rules, to be honest.

when I write a story, my purpose is to titillate. I write pure jack off material with a bit of piss off the BTB crowd.

An author recently asked me to read a story. It was well written, but I was trying to figure out what he was trying to accomplish. To me it was just a description of something that happened. To me, It read like a news story.

what are your goals for your stories? Make someone feel something? titilate? chronicle an event?
That is why you are among my favorite authors on here. I get as much joy from reading the BTB crowd hate as I do from your stories

I write gay erotica as this is my biggest sexual turn on. I involve wives and girlfriends in my stories because that excites me also. So dirty sex gets me lustful, and I've done gay sex acts in my real life that I never thought I would ever do. Just love sucking hard cock in my mouth and making people who like giving blow jobs encouragement by masturbating to my story characters. Love seeing people's comments very much.

I'm essentially doing this for fun. I have no other agenda. Certainly not trying to get paid.

So I suppose it's really that simple in that my only real goal is to bring the reader the same enjoyment in reading the tale that I had writing it.

I'm just aiming to breathe life into fantasies that I have rattling around in my head. I hope that readers will enjoy the stories and be aroused by them, but I always start with the fantasy and expand on it, letting the characters and the themes come out for themselves during the writing.

Aiming for a specific reader response or theme feels to me like putting the cart before the horse - the horse might not mind but it isn't going anywhere.

when I write a story, my purpose is to titillate. I write pure jack off material with a bit of piss off the BTB crowd.

An author recently asked me to read a story. It was well written, but I was trying to figure out what he was trying to accomplish. To me it was just a description of something that happened. To me, It read like a news story.

what are your goals for your stories? Make someone feel something? titilate? chronicle an event?
My writing had always been a way to allow my fantasies to come out.
I don't intentionally try to go for any sort of reaction because I selfishly just write for me.
My latest main storyline (Good Neighbors/Marcie and Leo) were inspired by a friend I made on here who encouraged me to write again. The character of Marcie was loosely based on her and although she and I are not married in real life (spoiler), I still envisioned the scenario between her and I as Leo and Marcie although much of the story was fabricated.
I have a tendency of basing characters loosely on people I know, but deviate enough so they are not portrayed falsely. Many of my stories have been based on Lit crushes past and present.
If someone jacks off to my stuff, that's great. I write more for me though.

I write for pay stories. My goal is to write stories that will make my readers reach for their credit cards.

Back