What do you want the afterlife to be like?

This is not a question of whether you believe there is an afterlife. The question is: Supposing there is one, what would you like it to be like?
The D&D depiction with a separate paradise for each alignment. My personal paradise is the restful natural beauty of the Neutral Good realm or the endless free expression of the Chaotic Good realm. God can decide where I best belong. If I end up in a worse place of any kind I will be asking an explanation from God as per His Golden Rule ASAP. I will maintain this vow until shade and water are lost, spitting in Sightblinder’s eye on the Last Day.

I believe (or think) the afterlife will be a reset. As of now, until disproven, the only thing that can never be destroyed is energy. We are teaming with the stuff. Our body uses it, creates it and stores energy. When our shells ceast to function, what is left? Our energy, our conciseness, our soul, if you'd prefer. What happens to that? Is it just dispersed, into the vastness of the universe, multi-verse or whatever is out there? Broken up into it's purest existence, to spread throughout every living thing with in our immediate vicinity? Does it stay together and travel through space and time, letting our memories and personalities live on into the infinite? Or do we begin again, with our energy implanted into a new living being? Do we become part of the earth and power the energy of everything?

These answers, I do not have, nor can I. It is only at the end that we will be at a new beginning of something. Forever, back into the cycle of things. I don't know, but I can wait. I'm not done just yet.

I would hope I would be given a second chance at life starting when I was about 10 to 12 years old with all my memories that I have now so I wouldn't make the same mistakes.
1. The odds are you'd make a bunch of new mistakes.

2. Since we in the West are so enamored of the idea that we make our own destiny, we discount our personalities, family history, genetics, environment while growing up, etc.. If you are in Somalia, going back to ten or twelve doesn't help much. Well, you could leave the country, but you'd probably be rather poor in the new place.

In fact, through most of human history, going back wouldn't help much either. You'd still be destined to be become a peasant, probably.

IF there where an after life thing, myself.... I'm going to find that rainbow bridge and be with all my dogs that would be there. simple.
So do dogs have souls? How about all other mammals? (Humans are mammals.) I have some doubts about birds, lobsters, clams, etc.

If souls exist, then I expect they would be recycled like anything else on earth. Reincarnation, next lives, is the only version of afterlife that makes any sense to me. After many cycles of living maybe they move on to other planes of existence. The earth will eventually be swallowed by the expanding sun, so we can't stay here forever.

Last edited:
Not as great as you think it is. You just kind of hang around the GB all day and night, every day and night.

Not as great as you think it is. You just kind of hang around the GB all day and night, every day and night.
That sounds like Limbo, although the Catholic Church downgraded the importance of it. One Italian painter envisioned it looking like the image below. Not sure why Christ is visiting; I'll look up the theology some other time. Seems like there is a shortage of underwear in the place. The general appearance reminds me of the Chambers Street station on the J line.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f3/Domenico_Beccafumi_018.jpg

https://nypost.com/wp-content/uploa...way-2.jpg?resize=878,586&quality=75&strip=all

Last edited:
Back