What do you miss most about being older from when you were young?

cdstefi

CDTV
For me I think it's spontaneous wet dreams. Haven't had one in years, but I still fondly remember in my teens and twenties waking after a hot and febrile dream, usually of some generically unattainable idealised woman, with my underpants or pyjamas soaked in warm sperm.

Then after that the usual getting older stuff like not being able to repeat-cum several times a day, and not being able to projectile-ejaculate like the old days.

Youth truly is wasted on the young 😁

Good thread concept for thinkers. Anyone over 50 might have a good post worthy of reading.

Overindulging of certain foods. I could eat anything and my metabolism would chew those calories up like a paper shredder.

Not being aged out at live concerts or festivals. There comes a point when all the headliners are just to young thus there fan bases are going to be young. Billy Eilish would be a good example. Just saw her as a headliner at music midtown 2023.

The Innocent of not having to be carpet bombed by the Media , the shock value of what we see and hear on our social feeds , television 📺 or radio 📻 station.

The pre IPhone 📱 world did have its advantages if one chose to stick their head in the sand to use a coined phrase.

So summarizing , “ the ebb and flow of world affairs “ it wasn’t force feed , it was shared with us not forced upon us.

Well, I sort of aged prematurely. Waitresses sitting on my knee and flirting with me for a better tip when I actually wasn't legal to drink yet turned into "you remind me of my father" pretty quickly after I was. Which I didn't really mind so much.

But, that first one that said I reminded her of her grandfather... in my thirties...

th

These days... well, I guess it would be nice to roll over to go to the bathroom without all the *snap* *crackle* *crunch* "Ok, what the hell was that?!"

At times how people perceive is hard to take. Sure, I'm old, but I'm not a total idiot.

Being able to stay out at the clubs until they closed, then still being able to get up early the next day and function!

Being able to trip and fall, quickly get up, dust myself off and still go when I was younger.

Now, I’m wondering if I need to get an MRI, cat scan and whatever else to see if I injured myself. Not to mention BenGay, Aspercreme or white liniment (or one of my mom’s lidocaine patches) and a heating pad has become the ultimate choice when dealing with the pain of tripping.

Being able to trip and fall, quickly get up, dust myself off and still go when I was younger.

Now, I’m wondering if I need to get an MRI, cat scan and whatever else to see if I injured myself. Not to mention BenGay, Aspercreme or white liniment (or one of my mom’s lidocaine patches) and a heating pad has become the ultimate choice when dealing with the pain of tripping.
Everyone knows you're only 30.

I miss good healthcare. I recently had a 6-month healthcare check up scheduled with my gp. I get a message that she's sick and I need to reschedule. The next opening was March. Fuckers. I need labs done asap. They did not give a sh*t.

I miss good healthcare. I recently had a 6-month healthcare check up scheduled with my gp. I get a message that she's sick and I need to reschedule. The next opening was March. Fuckers. I need labs done asap. They did not give a sh*t.
I almost never get to see my PCP. I usually see the NP. She just has way too many patients

I am very fortunate though to live in the Boston area. Good healthcare is very accessible here.

OMG Yes!!
I joke about it but I’m actually ok with not having to go to the barber anymore.
I just shave it all off at home. Haven’t tried the George Castanza look yet, probably wouldn’t look good on me regardless…might give it a pass for life.

I joke about it but I’m actually ok with not having to go to the barber anymore.
I just shave it all off at home. Haven’t tried the George Castanza look yet, probably wouldn’t look good on me regardless…might give it a pass for life.
I’ve been trying different cuts, not to hide it so much, just to make it look decent. I’d go for the bald look, but I’d end up looking like a huge thumb 🤣.

I had some awesome curly thick hair growing up!

Back