What Book Are You Currently Reading?

One I can't imagine anyone wanting to read, ever. It will likely scar me for life, ah the things I do for work. Non wrk related - a book about the differing views and attitudes about romance

The Origins of the State and Civilization: the Process of Cultural Evolution ~ Elman R. Service

Seeing the movie made me want to read the book. Truly an amazing story of survival. And forgiveness.

The book, IMO, was ten times better than the movie. They left a lot out of the movie that shaped his character in the book. Loved loved that book.

The book, IMO, was ten times better than the movie. They left a lot out of the movie that shaped his character in the book. Loved loved that book.
Books, IMO, are always much better than the movies that try to capture them.

And you are correct the movie barely scratched the surface of this extraordinary man's life.

Just finished Mark Beaumont's 'The man who cycled the Americas' - his travel journal on his bicycle from Anchorage to Tierra del Fuego. I like him and his style, his reflections on encounters and the changing territory.

Something a relative wrote and self-published. Pretty rough going. :rolleyes:

Level Zero Heros -The Story Of Marine Special Operations In Bala Murghab, Afghanistan, Michael Golembesky.

Recently finished John Grishams newest book, Gray Mountain.

He needs to retire...that book was crap.

Black River ... The first chapter almost (maybe a little) brought me to tears. The writing is different in an old classically rambling type but the freshness/oldness is stimulating, I like it.

I bought Walking Disaster at the bookstore today. Sequel to Beautiful Disaster. Also have the latest in the Outlander series on deck.

Back