What are you doing here???

According to some readers I am
Wasting my time
Wasting their time
Subjecting people to my sick disgusting diseased mind.
Writing weak simp male characters who have the nerve to respect women and let them have a say in the sexual encounter.
I somehow promote cheating and support cheating whores because a few of my FICTIONAL stories have some extra marital action.
My favorite is according to one memorable comment I am the poster boy for public school education and a how to on how not to write.

My writing journey started out completely non-erotic. Writing was always an escape for me, and a way of introspection.
I started writing about 1998 I think. For years I wrote a lot of poetry, and I still do to this day. I had three poems published last year along with dozens of other talented people in a book.

2014 I discovered this site, but didn't actually publish anything until 13 months ago. I wish I'd started sooner, the whole experience has been about 98 percent positive for me. I say that because I've had very few people trying to troll me, and my stories have always done well.

As to the 'why' part? An outlet, a way to express fantasies and desires in a safe way. Portraying sexual situations that I'd never get to act out in real life. Also exploring the depths and heights of human desire, love and sexuality in different forms.
The characters in my universe go back to the 90's also, I kept thinking about them on and off over the years, so I decided to finally write about them.

Plus, writing erotica has taught me so much about simply finishing stories/ the discipline of getting those words out. Not just some of them, but ALL of them. And feeling satisfied when a long story is done at last.

For me, I've always written stuff for years as a creative outlet(lost the majority of it when my last computer died, sad times but it happens), but I never knew what to do with the stories I jot down. So I came here originally to read some good ol' smut out of curiosity(for research purposes, of course).

One thing led to another, now I'm starting here as a new writer to see if I can use that as a motivational springboard to stay inspired to write. And see it as a journey to discover and grow my hobby as a writer here.

I've read stuff on Lit long before I posted anything or even checked out the forums. One series I liked so much, I got in touch with the author and we became loose friends. Also, being the German pedant I am, I couldn't help but point out numerous typos or missed words and I ended up properly editing for them. And eventually, I asked if they were willing to look at one of my stories, if the crap I had cooked up was any good.

The answer was a very resounding "You should definitely publish that."

"That" was "Ghost in the Machine", back in 2012 it had no chapter number because it was meant as a stand-alone. But the (relatively) good reactions to it meant I had to do something sequel-related, so I started a loose series of sexy fantasies in a cyberpunk world involving a playful artificial intelligence. Well, and then things exploded outward. I took some of the stories which had happened at my pen&paper RPG gaming table and published them here. Eventually, in 2016 or so, I started writing original stuff with only loose ties to previous stories.

The biggest jump in my writing came about when the first Geek Pride Day event happened in 2018. The stories I've put out for the event in subsequent years have consistently been among my best work (even though reception in the last two years was fucking miserable) and one, "Mud and Magic" even spawned a massive series.

No idea if my stuff would cut it in the mainstream. I feel too insecure to properly market the shit out of myself, plus I lack a few of the skills most self-published authors seem to have - layout, cover production, that kind of stuff. I do have a few followers on Patreon and earn a few bucks that way, but most of that goes into the piggy bank for maybe eventually finding someone who can help me out with making proper books out of my stuff.

Nice topic. I have written episodes about whatever i was interested in for a very long time just for me and my friends. I guess i wrote my first poem that i remember when I was 11, but i can’t remember when i wrote my first episode. Puberty brought a natural but not obsessive interest in sex, mostly associated in some way with romance and/or love (not the same to me)and then, honestly, curiosity as to if I could write about it believably.…and in fact if the authors I was reading (who did not write erotica but whose work did include sex as a normal function of human existence).
Over time, I began to notice that, among my scifi/fantasy friends anyway, the girls read almost exclusively women authors and the boys read almost exclusively men And i began to wonder why. After I read a very popular mainstream work by a guy that included a weird and unbelievable female sexual fantasy, I thought, “well that is the way he wishes that women would relate to sex.” And i began to wonder if the books I was reading by women would seem like “the way women wished guys thought about sex” to guys Or if what they were having their “point of view heroes” think was really the way men think About sex and other things as well. So maybe that was part of the reason that girls tended to read women and boys tended to read men.

i still wonder about that because if I want to write from a man’s viewpoint, I would like for it to have enough verisimilitude that it won’t get laughed at like I think all adults tend to laugh at “bodice rippers” even if they still read them. I mean, do guys of any age read the Twilight series? Am i a weird female because i do not find them appealing as many other women do? I quit reading Outlander because Jamie was ”just too perfect.” He has gotten more interesting in the tv series as he has acquired some faults even though it is still kind of “let’s see what we can do to Jamie and Claire now” although I love the accents. But do guys think he is ridiculous?

So here i am, at least for the time being, mostly because i think there are some experienced writers and readers here that might be able to give some insight. 🐝

"What are you doing here???"

Who, me??? Well, truth be told I'm having a bit of a bludge between meetings at the moment.

Oh - on Lit? Good question. I started reading erotic cartoons. Some really bad, but some very good. Good artwork, decent plots. It got me thinking about writing down the stories rattling around in my head. I'm a hopeless artist but I thought I could put together a fictional tale. The ol' search engine led me here, and I started browsing the forums, particularly this one. Heyall helped me get my first couple of stories in good shape and I've just stayed around.

Well, right at the moment, I'm running 4th of July programs on the TV, painting Christmas cards, and checking my e-mails.

I decided to become a writer here because I have been a reader here for many years, and it was time to pay back. When you get something for free, you should contribute to the community in some way. Mine was writing. I know others wrangle newbies or moderate on the forums, and others volunteer edit. All those skills (and many others) are needed. Contribute where and how you can.

I like to write, it's fun. It's more fun when someone reads your stories, and people will read anything if there's sex in it.

Fun fact: I write in secret! It sucks. Especially since I can tend to get carried away when I'm in the throes of a good idea. I will sacrifice sleep, family time, even work deadlines, to get the story down before the muse leaves me. Like I'm feeding some dark addiction.

But I remind myself that I'm here for good fun, and can agree with everybody else that it feels healthy for me to be writing my heart out, striving to improve, and mingling with other writers.

I do probably need to come clean to my partner at some point, though. I don't like feeling like a liar and a creep (on top of feeling sleepy, lonely, and behind on work). But I write chiefly incest/taboo stuff! So I'm scared to tell her. It's kind of a big confession to have to make to someone you've been married to for five years.

I've told the story before. I wrote when I was in my teens and showed some promise(this is pre net however, so nowhere to go with it) I stopped in my early twenties for reasons I won't get into. We'll say none of them positive.

When I remarried my wife told me I'd write again, I just needed someone to believe in me to get me to believe in myself. We role played frequently and one weekend when she was attending a training seminar out of state, I had a great idea for a role play, and on a whim I opened up a word doc, and wrote a scene between the characters I wanted us to role play.

The dialogue flowed well, and before I knew it, I had kept going into and through the sex scene, something I'd never written before(all my prior writing had been in horror or action genres). Wife came home, I read it to her, she loved it and said she wanted to know what happened next, give these people a full story.

So I did another chapter, another, jumped to another idea. Within months I had compiled an impressive amount of writing. But whenever she told me it was good, my response was, you have to say that. Now she had already found lit because she enjoyed erotica and told me to put something on here to see what people thought. She went so far as to create this ID which is why its dated 2009 even though my first story is 2010

I resisted at first, and looking back it was the insecurity of being a high school drop out, a troubled punk who spent his teens in all manner of trouble and even did a stretch in jail at 20. Who was I to think I could be a writer? But my wife-master manipulator that she is-switched to the "prove them all wrong" angle. Show everyone that said I was stupid, or a loser, etc.. my middle finger and stop letting them win.

So I posted a story that had a decent response, then another and....here we are 12 years later 140+ stories here, just published my 200th e-book and have been well received here and in the market.

Now...why do I write? First off, I enjoy it. But the rest is a perfect example of my using negative emotions to get a positive result. My motivations are what they were right off the bat. I'll show you. I'll prove you wrong. Even when the topic is fun smut I write angry, I write with an edge and a fire that's a catharsis for years of anger issues. There is a quote about Tyson from his original manager trainer(Duva I think) he "Hits with bad intentions" I write with bad intentions.

Red H's, spots on the top lists, contest wins, all time numbers...when I start the next story none of that exists, its as if I prove it all over with each piece. In the market the sales are great, each time someone pays for something I wrote its a fuck you to...at this point no longer real people, but the phantom in my own psyche.

Tom Brady is the GOAT of football. No one has done more or won more, but every game he plays with a chip on his shoulder like he's still that 6th round pick everyone dissed. I have that similar drive, and not just writing. Martial arts, Dart leagues, pool leagues...anything I get into its all in because if not all in why are you in at all. I practice to win, I play to win, I write to win.

I admit in recent years some of that edge has lessened. More about having done it for a long time now coupled with the perspective almost losing my wife to cancer has given me as to what matters in life, and all these little wars I fight in my head are worthless without her.

But its still there and rises to the surface if something triggers it. That could be a post here where I feel someone is bragging with nothing to back it up., a dig at me, or even someone's opinion that you can't put X in this type of story. Anything that resembles a dare or a challenge.

I've often thought of leaving here-and have taken some extended leaves over time-or if not leaving the community just no longer posting stories. I have slowed way down, only 20 or so stories the last few years. But in the end I'll turn around and enter a contest or drop a story with the attitude of "I'm still here, and I can still kick ass" and I know this sounds arrogant, and its not meant to because again the "they" I prove things too includes myself and I buy into talking your self up. But I do publish a story with the attitude of "Yeah, listen up pups, this is how the big dogs do it."

I guess all of this is just part of my charm.

Hanging out on the AH as procrastination to avoid writing, and the Politics board to annoy the idiots.

Other times I am just writing - nearly 500 stories as oggbashan and jeanne_d_artois.

I do probably need to come clean to my partner at some point, though. I don't like feeling like a liar and a creep (on top of feeling sleepy, lonely, and behind on work).

You get used to it.

Good topic. I had been reading stories on here for many years but had never considered writing them. The idea of creative writing always seemed interesting to me, but daunting. Finally, I had some experiences in my marriage which I realized were fodder for some stories that I would enjoy writing. That prompted me to create a profile on Lit, but that was it for a while. Between work and home life, I just let it go.

Then the pandemic happened and I became crushingly bored. That's when I started writing and submitting stories and I really enjoy it. It can be a roller coasted ride sometimes, and definitely a learning experience. One kind anonymous commenter early on gave me an English punctuation lesson, free of judgement, for which I am grateful. There are many great writers on here, whose works I admire and I have come to enjoy the sense of community among many on the site.

I want to one day publish a real live (literary) novel. First step: learn to rite gud.

On a lark I banged out All for You, and posted it here, expecting it to be reviled and ignored. Reader response was fantastic, and even better for the sequel For Her Too.

So I've kept at it, trying different things with each story, hopefully getting better each time.

Like many others, I did a lot of non-fiction (mostly technical) writing in my career. I found Literotica about eight years ago. I had written a romantic adventure novel and decided to post it here to get reader feedback. My first submission on Literotica had minimal erotic content, but wound up becoming a Readers’ Choice award winner for some reason.

Since that time, I have read a lot of stories posted by others and wrote more of the non-erotic-themed stories that my followers have come to expect. Occasionally, I get inspired to write something more erotic, and I have recently started to challenge myself by delving into categories I have little familiarity with. It's something to occupy my time when I'm not advising world leaders.

I've always written my entire life - lil' short stories, fanfiction, novels, TV scripts. Never anything good enough to be published, not that I'm really looking to do that anyway, but it's something I've always found solace in. Writing smut is one of my most recent works to add to my repertoire. But it came very naturally to me - I like writing, and I like hot dudes. Combining the both of them was a no-brainer.

Ever since the Purge on tumblr, I've been wandering looking for a home ever since then. I've tried a myriad of sites across the internet - reddit, newTumbl, etc. Yet every site I tried to settle roots, I would always be discouraged - my works weren't gaining traction, gay content was unfairly overmoderated as opposed to straight content, material of an unsavory nature would begin popping up. At the end of every experience was the same: I'd get discouraged, delete all my material, and find someplace to set up again.

I figured being around like-minded authors and writers would finally give me the edge I need to really settle down. I'm by no means trying to become a professional author, this is all for fun on my end. But the beginning interactions I've read, I'm looking forward to it.

What am I do8ng on forum? I’m babysitting napping grandchildren and avoiding housework.

why am I writing? Stories get stuck in my head and I can’t get rid of them till I write them down.

I've been writing since I was a teenager. It wasn't Lit type of material back then but was quite graphic.

In more recent times, I've written fantasy fiction for clients and recorded it as audio too.

I write for fun.
I get turned on doing it and also imagining how others are feeling (what they're doing? 🙃) when they read what I've written.

Some of my work is based on personal experiences.

So I decided to share my stories via Lit so see what a wider audience thought of them.
I enjoy seeing the ratings and reading comments, whether good or bad. It just adds another dimension of interest 🙂

Back