Tracking Multi Chapter Updates

Beeder

Virgin
I think it would be a great idea if multi chapter stories could be subscribed to??? and notification sent or displayed when the author adds chapters to the story. I am reading a story at the moment and would like a notification as chapters are added.

I think it would be a great idea if multi chapter stories could be subscribed to??? and notification sent or displayed when the author adds chapters to the story. I am reading a story at the moment and would like a notification as chapters are added.
If you just favorite that author, you'll get this plus whatever else they publish.

Thanks Britva that will work but a notification system would be the ultimate. How about a notification that "My Authors" has received an update?

Thanks Britva that will work but a notification system would be the ultimate. How about a notification that "My Authors" has received an update?
Not sure what you're on about. If you Follow an Author, you get notified on your Control Panel every time they publish a new story/chapter or update their profile. What other notification do you need?

I can't see the site ever doing email notifications, if that's what you want. The site would get swamped by dud email bounce backs, constantly.

I have never been notified that I know of, if I had I would not ask the question so obviously I am missing something. The bit I have found I am missing is I never look at the home menu at all.

I have never been notified that I know of, if I had I would not ask the question so obviously I am missing something.
Are you checking your Control Panel, story side? It's a straight feed of activity from authors you follow.

You have to check it regularly, it's not like Forum side (here), where the bell icon lights up.

Back