To Capture a Captain's Heart (closed)

Christopher chuckled and rolled his eyes while the cook, his wife, and the waiter hurried back to the kitchen. The young waiter soon brought out two pieces of a rich sweet cheese pastry that Norway was well known for, and Christopher couldn't have been happier about it.

Kayla couldn't help but giggle at the look on her husband's face as he took a bite into the dessert. She wanted to lean across the table and kiss him for the adorable look that crossed his features.

"Perhaps when our anniversary comes around, we should treat everyone in the kingdom with these." She murmured, taking a bite of her own and letting out a satisfied sigh of pleasure.

"Any excuse for more," Christopher agreed with a nod. As they finished and Christopher stepped up to the counter to pay for the meal, the cook's wife insisted it was free. So, Christopher paid for everyone else in the entire restaurant and nodded kindly to the woman before coming to Kayla's side and offering his arms to her.

Kayla took his arm with a smile as they walked from the restaurant. "Can we walk further into town? I need to look for some fabric for the seamstress. She insists that I need new gowns for the king's visit next week."

"I think she just likes to dress you up," Chris grinned. "Just like she does with her daughters." They led their horses on foot for a while until they came into the main market where most people got out of their way with respectful nods and bows. They found a market stall that sold imported fabrics and silk, run by a man from the far east with a heavy Indian accent but a multitude of languages in his repertoire. He knew who Kayla was immediately and he brought out his finest silk for her in a beautiful dark teal.

"I'm not her doll, Chris." She murmured, giving him a look and a grin as she practically agreed with that statement.

Once in the market, she was surprised to see so many people there. It was bustling and it seemed like trade was good for her little kingdom. The stall with the silks was run by a kindly man who instantly showed her the most lovely dark teal, her breath stolen by the beauty of it.

"It is lovely." Kayla murmured, running her fingers over the fabric. "How much?"

"For you, Lady Queen, I can offer it for ten gold coins, the same price as in my homeland," the Indian man smiled.

"That's not bad at all," Chris murmured. "It usually goes for twenty from China if I remember correctly."

"Sold." Kayla said with a smile as her carefully packaged the cloth away and she pulled the gold from her pouch. "And some of the yellow silk as well. I'll give you another five gold for it."

"Of course, your ladyship," the man wrapped both bundles in paper and tied them with twine. Christopher packed them securely into a saddlebag on his horse's back and the Indian man bowed his head to them. "My fellow caravaneers and I are planning to become frequent visitors to Trondheim thanks to your new trade agreements, milady. I thank you for the opportunity."

"It is my pleasure, good sir. I hope that more of your trade come to Trondheim in the future." Kayla said, shaking the man's hand before she turned back to Christopher. "Please invite all that you can for our annual festival. We're holding it during the holidays."

When they finally arrived back at the castle not long before dinner, Ulfric was waiting for them with a smile and a letter in hand. "Milady," Ulfric nodded to her and took her horse while handing over the letter. "From the King of Sweden." She had been warned that Sweden would wait to see how Norway faired and ask Denmark's opinion before the King actually made contact with her. The three countries had long been brothers and made up a powerful and ancient alliance that had once been at constant war with one another, but would band together if outsiders threatened them.

"Good evening, Ulfric. Will you be joining us for dinner?" Kayla asked as she dismounted and took the letter from his hands, opening it up to read what had come from the king of Sweden.

She smiled as she read his words, a huge weight lifting off her shoulders. "It seems that we will have more rooms to prepare for next week. The king of Sweden will be visiting as well."

The letter was simple and short, asking for a chance to come meet Kayla in person as well as a chance to speak to Elhardt while he was there. It was signed with the name Kjotva Arslansdottir, the Queen of Sweden. Ulfric glanced at it and paused. "Kjotva? Hm... I wonder why Sigmund didn't send it. He'll probably be with her, though, and I'm sure their son Kollr will be with them."

Last edited:
"There will be enough to talk about between the three kingdoms. Perhaps we can strengthen our trade." She said as she folded the letter away and tucked it into her pocket, taking the bundle of fabric from Chris with a short kiss.

"Excuse me, gentlemen. I need to deliver this to the seamstress. Perhaps you can request dinner served in the greenhouse? It's a lovely night to eat under the stars." She said softly, glancing between the two men that she cared for dearly.

"Of course," they both answered at the same time and chuckled at one another. Christopher was of course smitten with her as his love, and Ulfric was smitten with her as his daughter. It was quite a combination, but two men that would never let anything happen to her for all the world.

Preparations set in quickly for the oncoming meeting of kingdoms, and the city's trade practically exploded as merchants came in to set up stalls so they might sell more to nobles and foreign peoples. Christopher strengthened the guard even further because he knew that with a great economic boom often came a great surge of thieves.

Kayla had been busier than ever with her official duties as the visit of the three kingdoms drew near. Her seamstress had made a stunning gown from the blue teal and a beautiful gown from the yellow which she would wear to the state dinner during the visit. It was all falling into place nicely, even if it did require much more work and many late nights on her part.

The morning the kings were meant to arrive, Kayla woke early to set aside much needed time with her husband. Instead of dressing in her new gowns as she should have, she found herself still naked and in bed, riding her husband as they made gentle love to one another. Her eyes locked on his, a smile on her features as her body was lit up by the bright sunlight which streamed through the windows.

"I love you, Chris." She murmured softly as she planted her hands on his naked chest, sighing as her lazy strokes of her hips brought them both pleasure.

They'd been going for some time now and Christopher was nearing his own limit slowly through her loving attention. He grinned up at her while his hands wandered up her waist and her back, taking in the feeling of her smooth skin beneath his calloused fingers and palms. "I love you too, Kay," he murmured softly, the nickname a fairly recent development he'd gotten from Brogan's letters to them. She felt his chest tighten up as he let out a soft groan and his seed slowly filled her belly. He wouldn't leave her unsatisfied, though, as he drew her down to capture her pink nipple between his lips while his fingers found her sensitive little bud.

Kayla sighed as his hands smoothed over her skin, the rough texture giving her enough sensation to shiver. She smiled at his term of endearment, loving the way it sounded with his Irish borough, which was always much thicker when they were alone and in the throws of passion.

"Oh..." She whimpered as she felt him tighten, a low groan filling the room as he came for her, filling her belly with his hot seed.

Then she was drawn down over him, her nipple captured between his lips as his fingers centered on her throbbing bud. She cooed, moaning against his ear as she suddenly came, bucking against his hips as she held him tight.

Christopher finally relaxed back against their bed with a deep and contented sigh, gazing up at her with adoration before he chuckled and pressed a kiss to her lips. "I dare say tha's th'quietest we've ever been," he commented with a grin.

Kayla laughed softly as he kissed her, teasing her about what they had just done. "Good because I wanted to share a special moment with my husband this morning after a week of hard work. We've been apart too much lately."

"An' today we get t' have a little fun with friends new an' old." Chris stole another kiss just as a knock sounded on the door.

"Your Ladyship, the Queen of Sweden's ship has been spotted on the horizon and the Danes are just about to dock," came a serving man's voice.

Kayla let out a soft sigh as the knock sounded, the footman telling them that it was time to go. "Duty calls." She said softly as she stole one last kiss from her husband before she pulled herself off his body.

"We will be right there." She called through the door as she moved to the gown of teal that had been placed on a rack for her.

Quickly pulling on undergarments, she laced herself into the gown quickly before she slipped on a pair of beautiful teal slippers. Sitting at her vanity, she carefully pinned her long dark hair into a becoming style that allowed a majority of it to fall down her back in a thick cloud. The crown of Norway sat upon her head after that, modified by the palace jeweler to better suit his petite queen and to not be so heavy. The emeralds and sapphires sparkled in the light as she finally finished and turned towards Christopher.

"How do I look, my sweet Captain?" She asked him, a smile on her lips showing just how much in love she was with her husband.

"Words can't describe 'ow beautiful y'are..." Christopher told her as he came to her side in his best uniform with the crest of the Protector about his neck. He knelt down and pressed a kiss to her cheek before whispering in her ear cheekily, "I still prefer ya naked..." With a chuckle, he lifted a hand to turn her face to him, and he kissed her with adoration and fire.

Kayla whimpered as her husband kissed her with a fire and a passion that she loved so much. She grinned as the kiss ended and she was left looking into his intense gaze.

"Well, perhaps this evening instead of exercising your horses, you can come up here to our rooms, tear my lacy undergarments off and give me the ride of my life." She whispered, a hint of blush coming to her cheeks as she talked like that to her husband.

Christopher's smirk grew wicked as his arms encircled her waist. "If y'keep talkin' like tha', we won' make it out o' this room before noon." He pressed a hungry kiss beneath the line of her jaw and nibbled her ear lightly.

Back