Titans: The Revised Adventures RP

Ashton nodded, grabbing his backpack and followed her. Once they were in the cafeteria, he went through the line, paying for his meal before heading to a table. He sat down, then stretched, waiting for her to get through the line, while he pulled out his sketchbook.

Ashton had scooted off to class, and as she eyed Dick and wondered what he might decide to do, Di blew him a kiss and decided to skip off to her own class. She didn't know what class the other boys had, and it being the last class before lunch she was anxious to get to choir. Never knew who would be in there from year to year, semester to semester.... It wasn't a large choir, but large enough that they divided into two groups - the "concert" choir and the "prep" choir, though they all practiced the same songs at the same time. Just, some of them performed and participated in extra, after-school rehearsals, and some didn't. You knew who the concert choir members were, pretty much (it was on an audition basis, so many spots to fill etc), but never knew who would take the course as their fine arts elective.

Di grabbed a bottle of water on her way, and pressed into the music hall to take her place on the back row.... She was tall, and very often was placed next to the tenor section, even though she herself was a first soprano. Why was it most of the alto section was so short? She didn't mind though, back row and next to the guys made for opportunities, thanks to the blindness and absent-mindedness of their director. He was also the band director, so often he'd put on a tape for them to practice to and disappear into the office....

Raven sat in the far corner of the cafeteria, a black hoodie pulled over her head as she leaned against the wall, sipping her soda through a straw. Barely noticable were the cords leading to her earphones as she listened to her MP3 player, trying to just blend into the wall. Did they have to make the lights so damn bright in these rooms?
She glanced up a moment, seeing a small group a few tables away talking, glancing leerily about the room. What were they up to? The one was in her math class... Dick Grayson. Something about him seemed... peculiar to her.
She brushed it off, turning her player up a bit more and closing her eyes, still sipping her drink.

Seeing the lonely girl by herself, Dick decided to go sit with her. He walked over with his tray and say down. “Hi. Mind if I sit here?”

The man in the white coat stood outside the Vector City division of S.T.A.R.R. Labs. One of the tallest buildings in all of Vector, S.T.A.R.R. was a great tower of glass and steel that stood as a tribute to science and technology.

Adjusting the sunglasses that covered his eyes, the young man thrust his hands into the pockets of the trenchcoat that covered his entire body. It was too damn bright out here. He would've prefered to do this at night, but matters needed attending too and he was out of time.

Striding through the revolving glass doors, he strolled into the lobby. The room was immense, pillars of marble stretched up to the highest floors of the building, while a massive gold statue of Prometheus dominated the center of the floor. The young man said nothing as he moved silently through the room, the people around him complaining about the air conditioner being on too high. Small whisps of steam curled from the mouths as they spoke.

"Wow. People really like marble" He murmmered to himself as he surveyed the room.

"Sir?" A uniformed security guard approched him, a hand already resting on his weapon at the sight of the strange looking young man. This was Vector City after all. "Sir, can I help you with something?"

"R&D. Which floor is it on?" the young man asked in a voice that sounded like dry leaves and ice breaking underfoot.

"I'm afraid you'll need an app--Hrrk" The guard's word were cut short suddenly as the man in the white coat's hand shot out suddenly, his fingers closing around the security guard's forehead.

"Check the list for...Ghost" the young man spoke quietly as a crackle of white lightning coiled around his arm, surging from his fingertips to wash over the guard's head.

The security guard let loose a terrified scream. The guard's body went rigid in Ghost's grip, the lightning circling his head in a halo of sparks and flashes. Releasing his grip, Ghost let the man crumple to the floor. The guard curled into a fetal position, his eyes wide and his skin a deathly palor. The man's body shook violently as he lay helpless on the cold marble floor.

Screams rang out in the lobby as the other guards rushed Ghost.

The young man sighed, "Oh nevermind I'll find it myself". Speaking these words, his body began to fade slowly, like smoke dispersing as it rises to the skies, before he flickered and vanished from sight altogether.

OOC: I wanted to introduce myself right away. Besides this thread needs a kick to get it started for real.

dragonrazor said:
Ashton nodded, grabbing his backpack and followed her. Once they were in the cafeteria, he went through the line, paying for his meal before heading to a table. He sat down, then stretched, waiting for her to get through the line, while he pulled out his sketchbook.

Reikka grabbed what she needed and met up with Ashton at a nearby table. With a bland smile she noticed he had taken up his sketchbook once more. "Ever the designer." she commented and took a bite of her food finding it less then satisfactory.

Checking her watch she noted the time, "Got choir practice...I'll catch you later. Ashton." She spoke his name serenely doing nothing when her mind triggered her abilities. He was no threat and therefore no need to mess with him. If anything he'd feel a slight shiver run through him but nothing more.

Leaving the cafeteria she hurried down the halls to the music hall. Peeking into the class, the choir was already getting started. Flipping her long pink hair over her shoulder she nodded to those lined up and found her place in the soprano section.

[ooc: just felt like playing with dolly if you don't mind...see what trouble we can stir up. :D ]

Ashton raised an eyebrow, then put his sketchbook away and started eating. He looked up and noticed Dick making friendly with a Goth babe. He grinned, and shook his head. He himself rarely had the opportunity to get to know any of the girls there. Still, he supposed he'd probably have to try at some point. Couldn't be a superhero twenty four hours a day.

OOC: https://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?p=19013167#post19013167 the Signup thread

Raven glanced up, seeing Dick moving to her table. She shrugged, pulling the plugs out of her ears and leaning forward. "Its a free country." She set her player aside, glancing at him. "You're... Dick, right? We're in the same math class. Name's Rachel..." She tugged her hoodie down, her light purple hair spilling on her shoulders. "Did you happen to catch what the homework was yesterday? I kind of-"
She was cut short by the radio on the next table over, a news bulletin about strange power fluxes at S.T.A.R.R. labs. She gave a quick glance to Dick, then the radio...
"I just remembered. I did get it written down. I just left it in my locker... I should probably get to the library and finish that up before class." She grabbed her bag, getting up quickly from the table. "See you in class, Dick."

Ashton's ears twitched slightly as he heard the radio broadcast. His first thought was 'that can't be good'. His second thought was that his father worked at the lab.

Last edited:
Starfire had just passed through the double doors that led into the cafeteria. With her backpack slung on one shoulder, her hand grasping the strap she glanced back and forward through the room to see if there was an available seat. She smiled and walked up to several people who were deep in conversation but they apparently didn't want to talk to her. Frowning she sat down at an empty table near a window and looked around again. She sighed.

Kuuroinochou said:
Leaving the cafeteria she hurried down the halls to the music hall. Peeking into the class, the choir was already getting started. Flipping her long pink hair over her shoulder she nodded to those lined up and found her place in the soprano section.

[ooc: just felt like playing with dolly if you don't mind...see what trouble we can stir up. :D ]

(OC: well -wow! - thanks! :D any time, babe. :cool: I'll post now but will have to go for a few hours; be back in about 4.... sorry aobut the delay, biz to tend to this evening. ;) ttys!)

Di smiled as she noticed Reikka enter, and scooted over so she'd have a place to sit. They'd chatted some before, but hadn't really had any run-ins after whatever incident had prompted the rumors.... A lightbulb went off in Di's head as she decided that she'd need to find out how true the rumors were. If they were true, and Reikka was still as good-hearted as Di remembered her being, she'd be a great candidate for the Teen Titans. Not knowing that Ashton had already planted the seeds, Di rolled her eyes at Reikka as the director put on a tape and left the room.

"I don't know why he does that. Does he really think we'll get in any good rehearsal if he's not going to rehearse with us? Bah. Guess he figures those who will get it already have, and the rest is history. Haven't seen you around in a while, Reikka. How's it going?"

Ashton looked around, and saw a rather fetching redhead walk in and sit down. Not his type, but she was a new girl, and he thought he'd be friendly and introduce himself. He stood up, picked up his tray, and walked over to her table. He smiled, and bowed slightly.

"Do you mind if I sit here? My usual table mates are otherwise occupied. Besides, you looked lonely."

Last edited:
Reikka favored the class and the instructor with a bored glance before joining Di with a matching roll of her eyes. "I don't know or maybe he's a rare species that we call dipshits. Or rather sloths...I've never seen a more lazier teacher then this one here."

Reikka ignored the video for the most part as most of the class did and turned to address Di. "And I'm doing fine by the way... Other than the usual annoyances of the day. How have you been?" she offered flipping her hair over her shoulder.

ooc: that's fine babe I'll be here most likely. *kicks my aim*

"Do you mind if I sit here? My usual table mates are otherwise occupied. Besides, you looked lonely."

Starfire turned her attention to the man who had approached the table she was sitting at. A friend! She though. Within a few seconds she had gotten up from the table and was beaming a smile.

"Yes! You may sit at the table. And why are your friends occupied?"

Ashton smiled, setting his tray down and sitting down. "Well, essentially, one's in class, another went to the same class, I think, and the third is that guy that ran out in a hurry, with the black hair." He grinned.

"I honestly think he was hitting on some hot Goth chick. I can't blame him, really, but she took off after hearing about an attack on the Laboratory. I myself am a little worried about my father, who works there."

Last edited:
The man smiled at me, set his tray down and sat in one of the chairs.

"Well, essentially, one's in class, another went to the same class, I think, and the third is that guy over there, with the black hair. I honestly think he was hitting on some hot Goth chick. I can't blame him, really, but she took off after hearing about an attack on the Laboratory. I myself am a little worried about my father, who works there."

"So you cannot visit your friends in class? I am sorry, I have no friends who are occupied. And why is your friend hitting someone? Oh, you said she left. So do we hit on your friend over there then?" Starfire barraged him with a lot of questions until she put a hand to her mouth.

"I am sorry, I did not introduce myself. I am Starfire! I am pleased to be your friend."

Ashton grinned at her questions and her misunderstanding of the expression. She must not get out much, he decided. So he tried to explain to her. "Not actually hitting. Um...ever heard the expression making a pass at someone? Making a play? Tipping one's hat? Okay, I'll come right out with it. He was approaching her with a pickup line." He grinned again, and took her outstretched hand.

"Ashton Drake. My father's an engineer and scientist at S.T.A.R.R. Labs. He's just about the only one with their head on the ground instead of in space."

The man grinned at me and I tilted my head slightly.

"Not actually hitting. Um...ever heard the expression making a pass at someone? Making a play? Tipping one's hat? Okay, I'll come right out with it. He was approaching her with a pickup line." He grinned again and took the hand I stretched out. But I was still confused.

"I don't understand. Nothing you have said makes any sense. I have not heard of a pickup line before, or of a play in that sense. We have many plays where I come from." I was about to go on with as much inquisitive energy as before but he interupted me.

"Ashton Drake. My father's an engineer and scientist at S.T.A.R.R. Labs. He's just about the only one with their head on the ground instead of in space."

My eyes lit up slightly. "You have people in space?! I did not know you could fly. This is good news! But why isn't your father with them?" Ashton let go of her hand and looked oddly puzzled.

Ashton blinked for a second, at the enthusiasm she suddenly had when he used another expression. She asked him a question, and he couldn't help but laugh. He pulled out one of his textbooks, and handed it to her.

"Hope you read fast. It's a little difficult to explain, but they call them Figures of Speech."

Ashton didn't answer my questions directly, he instead laughed slightly while he pulled out a fairly large book that seemed to be well used; parts of the binding had been worn away.

"Hope you read fast. It's a little difficult to explain, but they call them Figures of Speech."

"Oh, I shall read this with great delight! And I will use 'Figures of Speech' like you do, if that is alright." I smiled at him and looked around the room again. Some people had looked up at us, or probably me and wondered why I was practically jumping for joy.

"I think we have grabbed the attention of many more people than before. Do they want this book too?"

Ashton grinned, then shook his head. "They just think you're a little odd. Odd is good around here though. So, what are you good at?"

Last edited:
"They just think you're a little odd. Odd is good around here though. So, what are you good at?"

"I am odd? But if you are odd then that's good. And I am good at a few things. Like the friends of your father I can fl..."

Starfire was about to finish her sentence but Ashton had quickly placed a hand on my mouth to prevent me from speaking.

"Why did you do that?"

"Not so loud. Lower your voice a bit."

"I don't see why, but I will do as you wish." With that I talked with less vigor than before, maybe it would come off as a sadness but it was quickly replaced with a smile.

"Well I can fly, just like your people can. But how come you don't fly? I don't see anyone here flying. I love flying, it's such a joyful experience."

Ashton grinned sheepishly. "Uh, that was an expression. It means that many of them think of things, but don't bother to think of the consequences." He had had a feeling that was what she was going to say, he couldn't explain why, so he had shushed her.

"Some people here have powers. Some don't, but get by using other things. I design energy blades, based on technology my father and I developed when I was a kid. I can also use the blades to create shockwaves. It's not easy, and it takes a lot out of me. How would you like to join the Titans?"

"Uh, that was an expression. It means that many of them think of things, but don't bother to think of the consequences."

"Oh, it was another one of your speeches. Ok, I will remember that one." Starfire smiled at Ashton as he continued.

"Some people here have powers. Some don't, but get by using other things. I design energy blades, based on technology my father and I developed when I was a kid. I can also use the blades to create shockwaves. It's not easy, and it takes a lot out of me. How would you like to join the Titans?"

"I! Oops, I shall talk softer. I can use energy too, but you need work apparently if you are tired. I am glad though that you can use it too. Not everyone where I live has powers either. But your story is amazing. And what is the Titans?"

Ashton smiled again. "Remember the guy who ran out? He's, for lack of a better expression, our leader. We fight crime, take on bad guys. We use our talents for good. It isn't easy, but we like to think we're cleaning up the city, maybe even the world."

He stretched, then smiled again. "You should eat. School takes a lot out of you."

Last edited:
Back