Time For A Tennessee Taliban Thread

TN Republicans pushing to allow open carry of assault rifles despite pushback from TDOSHS

When the bill came up in committee, the Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security (TDOSHS) testified against it, saying it’ll end up causing unnecessary panic.

“Handguns can be concealed; they are smaller in nature,” Director of Legislative Affairs Elizabeth Stroecker said. “When you start talking about long guns in places, such as outside of banks or around school buildings or around the Capitol or this building complex with long guns, it does make law enforcement very uncomfortable for the sheer fact that it’s going to cause people to be concerned.”

A majority of Republicans, however, pressed on anyway despite some opposition from even staunch conservative Republicans (Rep. Kip Capley [R-Summertown] and Rep. Rusty Grills [R-Newbern]).

The “law and order party” doesn’t care what law enforcement agencies say.

They’ll make fun of the state legislature lunatics too. 😄
Then they shouldn't move here. Why in the fuck would anyone but a commie lib move somewhere with different politics and a completely different way of life? Oh yeah because the goal of commie libs is to make everyone as unhappy as they are. Stupid fucks. Stay in your cesspool blue areas.

Then they shouldn't move here. Why in the fuck would anyone but a commie lib move somewhere with different politics and a completely different way of life? Oh yeah because the goal of commie libs is to make everyone as unhappy as they are. Stupid fucks. Stay in your cesspool blue areas.

But the cities in Tennessee are blue, and that’s where a lot of the new residents live.

I notice that you don’t deny the Tennessee state legislature is wacko.

But the cities in Tennessee are blue, and that’s where a lot of the new residents live.

I notice that you don’t deny the Tennessee state legislature is wacko.
We prefer you commie libs congregate in your dense walkable cities. Actually in the rural area I live in there is a ton of new housing being built. People buy 5 to 20 or so acres and make their own little paradise.

I'll put up with some nonsense as long as we have no state income tax, a budget surplus and the many amenities that being a Tennessee resident brings. I don't expect you to understand.

Back