Time For A Tennessee Taliban Thread

Donald Trump

Trump-Appointed Judge Strikes Down GOP's 'Unconstitutional' Drag Show Ban

Federal Judge Thomas Parker described the Tennessee law as a "restriction on the freedom of speech."
was just reading that :)

U.S. District Judge Thomas Parker, who was appointed by former President Donald Trump, struck down a law restricting drag shows in Tennessee, saying that the ban is "unconstitutional."

In March, Tennessee Governor Bill Lee signed into law a bill that bans drag performances in public places where children are present.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/gop-silences-tennessee-democrat-house-floor-day-order-102632067

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Republican lawmakers on Monday voted to silence a Democratic member of the so-called Tennessee Three during an already tense House floor session after determining the young Black member violated newly enacted rules designed to punish disruptive members.

The move was directed at Rep. Justin Jones, which prohibited him from speaking and debating on bills for the remainder of the floor session. The vote prompted loud cries and chants that drowned out proceedings for several minutes even after the House speaker ordered the gallery to be cleared out.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/gop-silences-tennessee-democrat-house-floor-day-order-102632067

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Republican lawmakers on Monday voted to silence a Democratic member of the so-called Tennessee Three during an already tense House floor session after determining the young Black member violated newly enacted rules designed to punish disruptive members.

The move was directed at Rep. Justin Jones, which prohibited him from speaking and debating on bills for the remainder of the floor session. The vote prompted loud cries and chants that drowned out proceedings for several minutes even after the House speaker ordered the gallery to be cleared out.
White folks don’t want to hear from the black folks in any way. Disenfranchisement at the highest level.

If they can’t kick them out., just silence them.

I’m sure restrictions for voting are on their way in the Volunteer state. Only they aren’t looking for ALL volunteers.

Tennessee’s nutty chemtrail bill got coverage in the Guardian. I imagine lots of Brits muttering, “What the bloody hell?” 😄

An attack of the vapours: Tennessee bill endorses chemtrails conspiracy theory

Should the chemtrails legislation pass in the Tennessee house – intriguingly, members are due to consider it on 1 April – then Bill Lee, the state’s Republican governor, will have the final say as to whether it passes into law.

That would be a victory for Monty Fritts, a legislator who has championed the bill in the house, in what is gearing up to be a big month for the Republican.

Fritts introduced a resolution earlier this year calling for Tennesseeans to “join in a 30-day season of prayer and intermittent fasting” in July “to seek God’s hand of mercy healing on Tennessee”.

That motion passed the house on 5 March, and could be adopted around the same time as the chemtrails legislation.

Question: if God’s hand of mercy heals Tennessee, will it cause Monty Fritts and the other conspiracy nuts to resign? Or maybe they’ll burst into flame? God has been known to be quite dramatic like that.

Tennessee passes 'chemtrail' bill

Tennessee’s Republican governor signed the bill banning fictional chemtrail chemicals.

The most common claim of proof is "simply that aircraft contrails look 'different', without any comparative analysis," according to a report from a Harvard geoengineering group.

"This as convincing as saying that alien beings walk among us in disguise as people because some people act very strangely," it said.

Apparently, Tennessee is governed by aliens. Or maybe Republicans are just morons.

Tennessee passes 'chemtrail' bill

Tennessee’s Republican governor signed the bill banning fictional chemtrail chemicals.

Apparently, Tennessee is governed by aliens. Or maybe Republicans are just morons.
The bill is the definition of inmates running the asylum. I'm not ready for aliens governing Tennessee yet, but I think your premise that the Tennessee Republicans are just morons is an appropriate conjecture.

The airlines' 'chemtrail' vapors most certainly have passed over the Capitol and mixed with the air Congress breathes. It has seriously stricken the Republicans there - 'fer' sure!

I'm glad you all hate Tennessee because we don't want you here turning our state into another blue state hell hole.

I'm glad you all hate Tennessee because we don't want you here turning our state into another blue state hell hole.
Tennessee isn't a place to hate. It's beautiful country with nice weather, and I found it pleasant when I used to do cross-country drives. I love the Kentucky bluegrass growing so verdantly. Those beautiful Tennessee Walkers enjoy it. I'm sure it could use some more blue, but by no means would it be a hellhole.

Who could fault the homeland for Elvis? That would be 'sacrilegious.'

I just offered an opinion on some of Tennessee's strange lawmakers taking time to ban airplane engine vapors as some alien conspiracy theory and being signed into law. That's a small handful out of all you peace-loving Tennesseans.

On the other hand, it seems weird some other Republican actions in Congress, for example, not passing a border security bill they complained Biden wouldn't handle. When he put together that bi-partisan bill, the most stringent one in two decades, Trump rang up ol' Mike Johnson and said, 'See here, boy, that ain't good fer my campaign. So you just put out the word - it's dead on arrival.' Well, Mikey did like a good boy. [Bet you're glad ol' Johnson isn't a Tennessean.]

So now, all the extra border patrolmen who would have been hired aren't. The funds to buy the fentanyl-detecting machines at the border didn't get approved, so the good ol' Americans transporting the drug are still killing fellow Americans. And the judges and detention facilities to expedite trials for those illegals didn't get out the gate either. Consequently, more illegals are on catch-and-release instead of being deported because there aren't enough judges to handle the cases in a timely manner.

Hells bells, all Mike had to do was bring the bill to the floor for a vote. Did he, though? Did he allow his fellow congressmen and congresswomen to enact legislation to help solve the border problems?

Well, we know the answer. Like the other Mike, this one saw the same noose on the gallows outside the Capitol steps on J6. He swallowed, swallowed hard, and answered the call to the instigator of death that day—D. J. Trump.

Back