This has been bugging me for a while…

Mildly relevant. (It's a bottle of sake)

tumblr_n6kky47jIp1tcpf82o1_400.gif
Good morning!

Oh for!.....goddammit...she got me....ok, ok! You win THIS time, "Emily"...if that is indeed your real name....

While we're on the topic, since the creed is worded the same between each of the gazillion assassins in the games, surely the popular video franchise should be called "Assassins' Creed" rather than "Assassin's Creed" i.e. "the joint creed of the many assassin's" rather than "a personal creed for this particular hero."

One of these days, I'm going to finally write that angry letter to Ubisoft.

While we're on the topic, since the creed is worded the same between each of the gazillion assassins in the games, surely the popular video franchise should be called "Assassins' Creed" rather than "Assassin's Creed" i.e. "the joint creed of the many assassin's" rather than "a personal creed for this particular hero."

Point of order, as the thread goes off into the bushes.

Each game, apart from Syndicate, focuses on one assassin. Therefore the game is correct with the singular, but the overall franchise should be plural.

Back to fucking around with sake.

This has always bothered me with "Demon's Souls" - I assume it's not one demon with many souls, right?

Wouldn't that be like Caesers Palace, where it's a plural, so there is no apostrophe?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davids...sing-apostrophe-in-las-vegas/?sh=7b7040b380b2

Then of course you have the two eminent English Universities, one with 'Queen's College' the other with 'Queens' College.' New York doesn't bother with the apostrophe.

Then of course you have the two eminent English Universities, one with 'Queen's College' the other with 'Queens' College.' New York doesn't bother with the apostrophe.

In the case of the English universities, the intent is to show that the college is affiliated with the Queen, I assume. In the American case, it's just a location. "Queens College" and "New York University" are functionally the same. You wouldn't say "New York's University."

Back