The Witches Town

silvertongue217

Literotica Guru
The Witches Town (closed)

He hummed to the music, partly to keep awake and partly because it was just to damn good a song not to.

Jack Corbin was going on 12 hours straight driving. Normally he would have flown however the urgency of the call he got and his meager funds prevented him from doing such things. There wasnt much that could get him to undertake such a drive, to call off from work and lose out on the money he needed to fund his fledging writing career.

But Hidden River was one of the few

The sun was beginning to set and so he decided to pull over. He guided his beat up old truck to a stop on the gravel and popped the door open. He slid out slamming it shut and stomping his boots to get some feeling back to his cramped legs.

"Just as pretty as I recall" Jack murmured pushing his baseball cap off and running a hand through his sandy brown hair. The town was still hidden, hidden by the large formidable trees and hills that created a natural wall. He could however see the opening of the river the one that had given the town its namesake all those years ago. Some said a supernatural force was the one who colonized the town as a means to escape from a harsh world and humanity.

For Jack however it was a town that represented unfinished business, both from a family standpoint and personal one. It was time to pay back the debt his father had erected in the town. The one Jack seemed to have inherited after his alcohol bloated liver finally forced his old man into an early grave. He spat at the ground and the memory reaching in to check and make sure the money was there before he turned and clambered back into the truck.

Another hour of driving later and he was rolling into the town, across the rickety bridge that had been patched and fixed but seemed just as dangerous as it always had been. Jack soon found himself in the town rolling across the town square and smiling when he noted the old Salem Hotel. Their was no vacancy sign but Jack also knew they didnt need to bother.

Not much of any one came to Hidden River

Jack pulled to a stop and the minute he stepped out noted some thing off. Every one that had been walking the streets seemed to have stopped turning at once to stare at him. He waved back to some of the more hard edged people and they quickly turned scurrying away like rats as he scratched idly at his five o clock shadow.

"How strange" Jack murmured shaking his head. He moved to the door but before he could open it an elderly man pushed it open bowing low as he did.

"Cogsman?" Jack said lifting his duffel bag and throwing it over his broad shoulders "Since when do you open doors?"

Cogsman was the old mayor of the town, some one who had never been a decent folk. It was long rumored he had a history of mistreating woman and dipping into the towns funds. It of course had never been proven but Jack would not have been surprised if it was true.

"Oh just a change in job desires Mr. Corbin" The man said flustered "come in come in we have been expecting you"

"Uh right" Jack said scratching the back of his neck as he came in and pushed off his leather jacket "I came here-"

"Dont worry about that son" The hotel owner Mr. Moreson remarked coming over and clapping his hands "We have been waiting for you! We put you up in the suite"

"The suite?" Jack said surprised "I uh I cant aff-"

"Its been paid for" Mr. Moreson said his eyes darting in fear to the window "Just.... Go up son and relax there will be some one along shortly to take you to dinner"

"Dinner?" Jack said opening his mouth to ask what was going on. Before he could however he was rushed out and up the stairs by the over eager Cogsman. Jack was all but pushed into his room and within seconds the door was closed.

"Strange fuckers" Jack said shacking his head. He put his duffel bag down and turned eager to get washed up and to prepare himself for the meeting with the thug who threatened his mom. He didnt spare any more thought about their mysterious mention of "dinner" instead going about his night.

Last edited:
I had heard about the recent passing of Dan Corbin. Not by the usual methods like a death notice or obituary, it was the thumping and hollering of a deep male voice on my neighbours porch that was really beginning to irk me. Investigating the ruckus I slipped between the shadows of the dense copse of trees that marked the boundary line of our properties.

There he was; 6 feet in height, broad in shoulders, red flannel shirt tucked into tight assed jeans with clenched fist bashing against Millie & Dan Corbin's old wooden door.

*THUMP THUMP THUMP*

"MILLLLIEEEEE!!! I damn well know you're in there!"

*THUMP THUMP THUMP*

"Open up! You hear me bitch?"

*THUMP THUMP THUMP*

"Your good-fer-nuthin husband owes me goddam money and you better pay up bitch. I don't give a fuck that his body's not yet cold, that debt is way old and I wants my money before any other fucker he owes get theirs! You hear me Millie!"

Watching him rear his fist back, I focused on the timber ~ and whispered a word.

*THUMP!*

" Aaarrrhhhh FUCK!"

If only I had a camera to capture the amazed googly eyed look on his mein as he watched blood drip from the meaty part of his fist, the wooden shards disappearing back into the door returning to the smooth surface it was before. Watching him hurriedly try to wrap his bleeding hand in his kerchief, I notice that his face had taken on a ruddy hue whilst stupidity compels him to attempt to kick the door. With annoyance I move out into the light, stepping with purpose towards this stranger.

"I suggest you refrain from what you are doing".
My voice is quiet, my words, deadly earnest.

Teetering on his feet, he swings about to face me down fully.

"Who the fuck are you?"

Looking up I can see the sneer of his lips. Angry blue eyes. Some might think this one was an attractive package but all I see is derision and lack of respect or care for others, the inability to love ~ even himself. Once a bully, always a bully - by choice.

"Obviously I am not the one who is bleeding or bellowing for all the neighbours to hear now am I?"

"Think you're a smart bitch dontya? Well alright then, cos once I get Millie to cough up the dough her goodfernuthin dead husband owes me, we can get better acquainted? Real acquainted cos I know how to give it to a slut like you!"

My full painted red lips curl into a rueful smile as I watch him leeringly take in my white satin long sleeved shirt caressing my skin each time the breeze touches; buttons undone, allowing fabric to fall open as it likes hugging light chocolate skin, a teasing hint of white lace of my bra, tight black jeans and riding boots. Pushing back the straw hat keeping the sun off my face my dark eyes harden to black slate.

"A slut like me? Pffft You wish!"

Blowing him a sultry kiss, I watch his lecherous smile become quite panicky as vines start to grow and intertwine between his legs, up his thighs. Before he is able to pass another word, vines are pushing into his mouth and through his ears. His gurgling does sound rather nice though whilst his blue eyes widen, the light slowly dimming. The small venus fly trap I espy as part of the many plants dotted along the Corbin's porch breaks its pot as it grows to immense proportions.

"So now you know what it is to feel fear. Now is too late - for you."

Pulling in a deep breath, exhaling softly as I whisper ..."devour".

Turning my back on the feeding I pull out my cell from my back pocket dialling the Sheriff's office.

"Hello Sheriff? This is Dani Crane out by the Corbin's property. Some lunatic has been causing a ruckus out here and poor Millie is in shock. He left his jeep so you might be able to identify him but you need to get out here right away."

Disconnecting the call, I turn, muttering words of the warding beneath my breath. Focusing on the fly trap I take a cutting, placing both in position in the soil as sentinels 1m high on each side of the porch stairs as the vines return back to normal size, though healthier looking. Whispering the word "guardian" as I pat them both before walking up the three steps to knock softly on Millie's door.

"Millie, I know you can hear me so listen well.
Tell them you do not know where he went to, for that is true, you do not.
Also, I am sorry for your loss, but do not fear. If there are others like him, they will not be able to reach the door. Please do not over water your sentinels."

I hear the crunch of tyres along the gravel drive.

" The Sheriff is here Millie!"

Nodding to the Sheriff & the Deputy as they climb out of their vehicle I stride from the porch to disappear through the trees.

Last edited:
The loud knocking startled him

He had just slipped out of the shower and was in the process of toweling off his large muscular body. The knock was a sharp one three quick raps that rang out clearly.

"Uh just a minute!" Jack hollered swearing and dropping the towel. Naked he padded over to the bed and pulled on his boxers and jeans before answering the door shirtless.

"Mr. Corbin?" The man asked raising an eyebrow and eyeing the lack of a shirt.

"Thats me" Jack replied blinking "Uh can I help you?"

"My boss sent me to get you" He replied nodding at the shirt on the bed "Clothing was laid out for you please get dressed"

Before Jack could say any thing he shut the door leaving Jack alone in his room. Jack reached out to the door opening his mouth to speak before he finally shrugged. An easy going man by nature he decided to go with the flow. He put on the nice jeans, and the gray button shirt and slipped his leather jacket back on before opening the door once more.

"Uh is this good?" He asked but the man simply motioned for him to follow him.

"Care to tell me who im having dinner with?" Jack asked following the man out of the hotel. He didnt see the way the two men reacted to the larger man guiding him. Their was a look of pure fear on both of their faces and they all but shrank away sso as not to be noticed.

"My Queen" The man replied moving down the street "She has asked me to let it be a surprise for you however"

"A Queen?" Jack asked glancing around at the surrounding town "In hidden river?"

The man didnt say any thing more and Jack got the hint that he wouldnt be answering any more question. Jack followed him winding up the hill to the staple restaurant of the town. It was situated on a Cliff and the valley below and the long winding river were both on display.

"Here we are" The man said turning and opening the door "Your table is waiting My Queen shall be here shortly" He told Jack ushering him into the waiting area.

"Welcome!" The waitress remarked rushing over. She wasnt any one he recognized from the old days. Before he could say any thing however she brought him to one of the tables outside.

"If there is any thing I can get you please let me know!" She said bowing almost and gesturing for every one to vacate the deck. They did so at once causing him to blink and sit down and scratch his head.

"What the fuck is going on here" Jack murmured shaking his head. He leaned back eyeing the doors as he waited for his "date" to show up.

"I don’t trust him”

Sighing inwardly I prepared for the lecture to follow. Jonas, my Reeve has a face like granite – ‘built like a brick shithouse’ as the saying goes. Despite his forbidding appearance his ‘white will’ rings true. Determined, pragmatic and loyal, his trust was won over 20 years ago.

“Who is this Jack Corbin? Why this…

Lost in reverie I can hear Jonas but my mind flashes back to the day I found him; slight of build, gangly. His dark hair had fallen across his face as his head hung low. Lashed to a sturdy tree trunk, a trail of blood meandering a path down his right cheek; his eyes swollen shut and blackened. How long he had been there I did not know. There were multiple stones strewn about his feet equal in size to the many spots of bruising on his pale white body. He had been stripped down to his underwear marked with the word FREAK across his torso.

… apparent interest in this stranger Mistress?"

“He is no stranger Jonas, not to me”

Raising a hand for silence, I return the hard look I see in his eyes with one of my own.

“Not that the likes of you or I experienced many, but one never forgets an act of kindness Jonas if we are privy to such a rarity; is that not true? All I ask is that you reserve judgement until it is necessary or requested. Now I would appreciate you paying attention to utilities on the market this evening. I don’t quite like the idea of one country monopolising a critical service of another. Something seems a bit off and I sense an opportunity to capitalise”.

The car slid to a halt outside the only restaurant in town. Inspecting my nails I take a glimpse at the gaudy neon sign blazing ‘Clifftop’ with a chuckle. Allowing Jonas time to open my door, I step from the car. With a snap of my fingers; I create enough static energy delivering a bolt of energy at the feet of my Reeve.

“Hop to it will you? Central Asia.”

I see his anger rise like mercury in a thermometer; as his lips part to speak, our eyes clash! Blinking slowly, I arch one perfectly manicured eyebrow, raising my chin slightly as I watch my Reeve take a step back, and bowing low.

I walk towards the entrance noting the reactions of the locals. A mother ushering her toddlers close to her skirts making me smirk slightly as I hear her thoughts; ‘harlot’, ‘hussy’, ‘witch’!

I am pondering the thought of harlot! I do not think a well cut satin shirt, overlaid with a matching red silk jacket with black knee length skirt could be considered harlot attire! Prudish I would have thought! Nor am I wearing daggers in my knee high boots. I just love snap judgements! Maybe I should have worn the bitchin' patent red leather with the 9" heels...pffft and staggered about in the gravel and dirt! That would be a great look! A small smile plays across my lips at my private musing as a hush befalls the diners I pass.

Stopping in the centre of the room, my eyes slowly survey the dining room.

The voice of my Reeve sounds within my mind

I can collect you within minutes if you wish Mistress?

You will do no such thing! Concentrate on utilities Jonas, I will summon you when I am ready. Sticks and stones did not break your bones or mine so names will never harm us.

Leaving the diners with a haughty look I proceed to where my dinner guest awaits, acknowledging the waitress with a nod of thanks as she holds open the door. Her head is bowed slightly when a gust of wind pushes at her hair allowing me to see a nasty burn mark on her temple.

Jonas, leave utilities. I want a report on all staff working in this restaurant tonight. Include photos, financials, history. Set watchers on all the staff for the next 48hrs. While you're at it, have Jack Corbin's truck seriously disabled.

Immediately Mistress!

Striding forward towards my guest I extend my right hand in greeting.

"I appreciate you were able to join me this evening at such short notice. I'm Daniela Crane. I was also sorry to hear of your loss. You have my sympathy"

Last edited:
Daniela Crane

He wouldnt have believed it if she hadnt said her name. The woman who walked into the resteraunt, the one who came towards him.....

She was a knockout

Not that Daniela hadnt been pretty before..... Or at least in high school but it was hidden behind second hand clothes, glasses that didnt quite match up, and a no nonsense demeanor. She was a fire cracker, a girl not afraid to be her own person even if it meant earning the ire of every one else in the town. Jack had admired that.... Hell he was downright jealous in high school! The ability to not care was some thing he would have paid for gladly.

"Daniela" Jack said his eyes wide and taking her in before he swallowed hard "I cant believe its you!"

He moved around the table coming over and pulling her in for a huge as he hugged her the scent of her hit him. Some how she smelled of all his favorite things a unique blend that left him reeling and a little light headed.

"I uh" He said pulling back blinking and looking at her "you look great!"

"Please please sit" He said grabbing her chair and pulling it out "I still cant believe its you!" He stated shaking his head clearly pleased to see her.

Comfortably seated I enjoy the opportunity of watching his tall frame resume his seat. I admire how the denim hugs the cheeks of his ass; the way his muscles flex, pulling the fabric tighter across his chest. I watch his handsome face become animated as the initial shock of this meet wears off making me smile. It's a novelty to see someone genuinely pleased to see me.

Looking into his flustered face I am captivated once more by his eyes. Light brown, wide open windows that tell all - just as I remembered when I was 12; except then I was sitting on the dirt, flat on my bum, my eyes squinting against the sunlight, bleeding nose nursing a grazed elbow. Off into the distance the sound of jeering laughter of a group of kids running down the road as he helps me to my feet, trying to brush as much dirt from my clothing....

"Excuse me, can I get you folk a drink while you look at the menu?"

I look blankly at the waitress. To cover my confusion I fumble with the wine list, pulling back from my memories I quickly select the red of choice to the waitress. I sit back in my seat to wait for the waitress to depart after taking Jack's order.

"I know you are wondering why I asked you to meet. This may seem heartless but I want to make an offer for your parents property. I will have the document delivered to your hotel room tomorrow so you can discuss with your Mum. I'm not pressuring either of you to sell although I would appreciate an answer in 30 days whether it be yes or no".

Last edited:
"What.... What?"

Jack was sufficient to say shell shocked. First a woman from his past had came in looking like a dynamite and now she was asking to buy his parents property? It felt so surreal he slid his hand under the table and pinched himself to make sure he wasnt dreaming.

He wasnt

"I dont know what to say" Jack finally stuttered out as the wine came and was poured for them "I mean I came back to help my mom pay off her and my fathers debt but.... I had no intention of selling their house"

"This all seems so rushed.... I mean its been so long since we saw each other!" Jack said leaning over and taking her hand "Can we talk first? I would like that..... to talk"

I watch his fingers slide across my skin noting the contrast in colour, creamy pallor encompassing the deep chocolate brown of my own. I feel a slight flush warm my cheeks. My clit quivers as I become moist between my thighs. My body is making me very aware of his touch.

Trying not to tremble, I force my gaze to meet his directly.

"What, *ahem* what would you like to talk about?"

"I mean there is so much to talk about!" Jack said leaning back and looking at her "I wouldnt know where to even begin....."

He was saved by the appetizers coming. They hadnt ordered any thing yet but based of of that furitive glances the waitress was shooting her it was clear they were bringing her her favorites to try and appease her. Jack thankfully didnt notice though instead taking one and biting into it.

"You look so different... I mean you were always a looker before but now! Your a knockout!" He said before blushing and glancing down at his plate sheepishly.

Inwardly chuckling to myself I contemplate the word 'knock out'. I've delivered a knock out blow a time or three but I don't think that was the kind of 'knock out' Jack was referring to.

"That is sweet of you to say. Thank you for the compliment! Why don't we order dinner and then you can tell me your tale of living in the big smoke"

"Oh it was my pleasure" Jack said in a rush smiling in pleasure as his eyes once more ran up and down her body. He blushed and then coughed clearing his throat as he contemplated her question.

"I wouldnt know im not usually in the city long enough to fully appreciate it I work with the railroads now doing a lot of travel on the rail lines as I repair and do general management..... How about you? I honestly thought you would have blown this town by now! I never expected to see you back.... And that guy who escorted me here... He kept calling you Queen! What was up with that?"

"Travelling and keeping fit seems to suit you! You look well."

My eyes slowly admire his visage; lingering along the line of his lips, sliding along his jawline. I imagine my painted red nails tracing a path down his throat, exposing his pale flesh one button at a time. My eyes return to his, not bothering to hide my sultry smile.

"My personal assistant I think was teasing you Jack. Pay him no mind. He is rather good with figures despite his warped sense of humour. We get along ...usually."

"Ohhhh" Jack said frowning at her explenation "I suppose so.... Though he seemed so serious when he said it but I guess every one has their sense of humor"

"Still a personal assistant?! I mean I always knew you were going to well and truly make some thing of your self Dani I mean you were always the smartest one in the class but I never thought it would be in this town!" He said blushing once more.

"What are you still doing here?" Jack asked finally unable to help himself "I mean we both held no love for this town"

Looking at Jack closely I can tell that now is not the time for blunt honesty.

"As you get older Jack, how a person perceives the world alters. Hidden River has become my haven. We both know how cruel people can be but that is slowly changing. I've found a certain peace living amongst the trees and by the river. The outside world doesn't encroach much here. I like that. With the latest technology at my disposal the world is easily accessible if and when I want it to be. I have nearly everything a woman could want ... "

Last edited:
"Nearly every thing" Jack said blushing and looking down. He reached for his wine his nimble fingers dancing on the glass as he brought it up and took a slow sip. There was a meaning there.... Some thing she was not saying that made him shiver in his seat. He felt compelled to ask her and so he did opening his mouth before his confidence left him.

"you say nearly every thing?" He said leaning in his eyes catching hers "So what is it that your missing? Out of pure curiosity of course....."

"I wouldn't say missing per se, it's more a case of yet to be encountered. I want that touch of mystique and magic a person yearns to find in a life partner. It is time to find my ultimate soul mate. Over the years my focus has been elsewhere, but lately, the thought of sharing my life with such a man... well, let's just say, that has become very important to me."

"It has?" Jack said unable to stop his eyes from widening at her words.

And what they could mean

There.... well he couldnt call it romance because it had never turned into one but their flirting had been the result of two kids who had known each other for a long time struggling to become some thing more. Back then they had been all the other had, with his parents fighting the way they did over the money and the whole town against them. He during that time could have said without a doubt that he loved her and wished to be with her.

"I havent found any one either" Jack said unsure of why he felt such a pressing need to say that "I never could seem to find the right fit...."

He trailed off glancing down at her hands before back at her

"So why did you arrange for us to have dinner together? Was it just as two old friends catching up..... or some thing more?"

Why had I invited him to dinner? A formal written offer sent by the solicitors would have sufficed!

Yet Jonas was at this very moment disabling the engine of Jack's truck. He wasn't going anywhere ~ anytime soon.

"Old friends"

Some how as those words left my full painted lips, they felt empty. So much they had never said, both had walked away, from the other. My eyes, pools of deep brown locked directly with his.

"To be honest Jack, apart from the business aspect, I was ... I am intrigued. Although meeting thus is not under the best of circumstances I didn't want the opportunity of catching up pass me by.

Is it too much to hope that maybe you feel the same?"

Last edited:
"Do you even have to ask?" He said snorting slightly and shaking his head.

"Forgive me I wasnt poking fun but.... Of course! I would never have told you no I didnt back then" Jack said with a sly wink and a chuckle.

"Well grief seems to bring people together more often than not" Jack said frowning at her words before smiling "And nothing would make me happier than to catch up with you!" He said reaching out once more to take her hand.

I watch his hand enfold my smaller one, my thoughts straying as I feel the heat of his clasp, my own body heat elevating.

"I'm glad to hear that Jack. If you are not too busy tomorrow you might like to come out to my place in the afternoon? The weather holds the promise of a beautiful day!"

My Reeve catches my attention as he waits by the doorway of the balcony. With reluctance I remove my hand, my fingertips drifting slowly across Jacks' open palm rising as Jonas moves quickly to draw back my chair before receding back some distance allowing me privacy.

"By necessity I must cut our evening short, there are a few things requiring my attention."

Gazing out into the night, breathing in the view and clean air I turn back to Jack giving him a radiant smile.

"Thank you for a pleasurable evening. This view is one of my favourites. You are my guest and the staff have been advised to afford you every courtesy. Relax and enjoy. May you sleep well and I hope to see you tomorrow"

Eyes twinkling with mischief, I smile once more before turning to leave.

Last edited:
"I I will be there" Jack said rising and watching as she left. His eyes took her in enjoying ever last second of her leaving as he bite his lower lip.

"Holy shit!" he murmured shaking his head and sitting down "That was her.... I cant fucking believe that was her!"

He would be lying if he said he hadnt been waiting for this moment in his own way.

He hadnt expected her to look like THAT though

Of course she had always been pretty even if she hid it pretty well in non flattering clothes but now? Well now she was a knock out plain and simple! Not only that but she seemed interested interested enough to have him as her guest.

But who was she now?

By all accounts it almost seemed as if she was in a position of power in the town. Of course she hadnt said that but the way she walked and talked and the way she presented her self seemed to lend credence to that thought. He was even further led along that path when he went to pay and they flat out refused to take his money.

"Uh thanks I guess" He said shaking his head and pocketing his money. He decided to roll with it and tomorrow ask her more and get some answers.

THE NEXT DAY

He got their late huffing slightly from the run. Some how in the night his truck had stopped working! The mechanic insisted that he was lucky to have gotten here but Jack wasnt so sure. The truck was serviced before he left and it got a clean bill of health from the mechanic in his town. He didnt personally know the guy but he had seemed trustworthy.

"Oh well" Jack sighed going up the steps in a simple rugged pair of jeans and a nice button shirt "being stuck here isnt the worse thing"

He paused at the door checking himself over. Once he was sure he was presentable he knocked two quick raps as he waited and admired the plants outside of her door.

Standing at the door, I run my hands down my thighs smoothing down the crisp white skirt that hugs my hips resting at mid thigh. A white spaghetti strapped tank that hugs my breasts tucked into the waistband completes my outfit. My long dark tresses tumble across one shoulder and down my back, Bare feet and painted toes fleshes out my ensemble as I open the door in welcome.

"Hi Jack! I'm so glad you could make it, please, come in. We shall head to the back patio. I love it there at this time of day".

Last edited:
"Uh hey" Jack said his eyes widening as he took her in

And there was A LOT to take in

He was not the kind to stare.... well at least he usually was not. However with all her skin showing it was damn near impossible not to. She looked breath taking her body on display for him and him alone.

"Uh wow" Jack said before clearing his throat and stepping in "I guess you can tell by my reaction but you look well simply amazing!"

Laughing merrily , I step closer into Jacks personal space, lacing his larger hand in mine drawing him closer. Eyes sparkling as I look up into his I give him a brilliant smile.

"At home I like to be comfortable and I want you to be comfortable too!"

Brushing my lips across his in greeting, I close the door and draw him down the hallway.

"Jack? Are you alright? You look rather bemused. Take a seat and I'll get us something to drink. Name your poison?"

Sunlight gleams across the pool as I guide Jack to take a comfy seat in the shade.

"So what would you like?

Jack blinked mesmerized both by her and the light kiss. It hadnt been any thing to smoldering but it seemed to have shocked him as he found himself easily led over to the pool and put into a chair by the shade.

"Uh scotch... No ice" He said after her clearing his throat as he moved forward. His eyes took her in drawing up and down her frame as a smirk crossed his face.

He couldnt believe his luck

He shifted and once more checked himself to make sure he looked his best. With a woman like her... A woman so alluring he couldnt take ANY chances.

Back