The Tattoo Artist (closed)

You don't grow up in this old part of town without learning alot about the desert and mountain wildlife.

She shrugged at his request to draw her and just smiled to the snake.

I have an affinity for many animals. And plenty of time to relax here for a bit.

You don't grow up in this old part of town without learning alot about the desert and mountain wildlife. I have an affinity for many animals. And plenty of time to relax here for a bit.

Travis just looked at her, an eyebrow peaked, studying her before his attention moved to finding his drawing pad and pencil, Asking her to sit with a more regal looking pose, the snake held up with her looking at it, and preferably the snake looking at her, but as they'd talked and he explained what he'd was thinking, he couldn't help but be amazed as she spoke to his snake and it seemed to look at her, and when she told him that she was confident it would stay the way he wanted it he stuttered again in amazement but began to draw, he gaze seeming to become focused, as he continually looked from his pad to her with the briefest flicks of his eyes. a small crease of his lips up into a smile as he worked, and a peaceable silence fell, the gentle scratching of the pencil against the paper the only sound made as the sun set, and he caught the light and shadow as it played across her face, giving her almost a mischievous quality as the shadows moved over her features. Finally he set his pencil aside, "there" he said quietly as he rose from his chair. Offering her the pad, the perfect curvature of her face, an almost peaceful and serene look as she gazed at the snake she held, like she would kiss it, her hands and the snake sketched out in perfect detail, its tongue caught in the paper as if seeking to kiss her itself

"what do you think?" he asked gently

Very lovely. Thank you for such a lovely moment in time captured like this.

She looked from the snake to the picture.

I thought no he approves as well.

Very lovely. Thank you for such a lovely moment in time captured like this. Travis smiled, rubbing the back of his head “its, nothing……….really I guess, well, I dunno, wanted to give something back, I know you despise money, and well, “ he inhaled and sighed “i don’t know you that well yet, although I’d like to, but I thought this would mean more, something from me, “ he was fumbling with his words, suddenly feeling like that awkward teenager trying to hit on the head cheerleader in high school, his gaze falling to her hands were she still head his snake, more curious now, in the years he’d had it, it never seemed so…….comfortable?, never stayed put very long even when he held it, “He really likes you……” travis stated idly

Just a natural with snakes I guess.

She shrugged still looking at the picture seeing the true to life details he would probably never know about.

It is perfect thanks again.

It is perfect, thanks again. Travis smiled warmly “Yea, umm, yea…..” he stammered again, his face deepening to a crimson shade as he blushed at her praise “have you eaten? I was about to start dinner, since our last two dinner dates ended somewhat on a bad note, I make a killer spaghetti” he grinned then as he turned, offering out his hand in a gesture for her to proceed him as they made their way back into the kitchen and he set his wine glass next to the sink, or I could scrounge something else up” he smiled as he turned to her, unable to stop his gaze from traveling the length of her from toes to hair,

Spaghetti sounds good or I could talk to the Songbird and see if they would be willing to let the new resident try again?

She smiled either way was fine with her and it didn't seem the snake wanted to leave her hand as it told her everything it had ever heard him say about her to himself or anyone who would listen.

I could talk to the Songbird and see if they would be willing to let the new resident try again? that gave Travis pause, his body tightening briefly, the memory of that night thrumming through him “ahhhh………….thanks but………not sure I want to risk being Lynched” he gave her a half hearted smile “besides, I kinda…….wanna…..cook for you…..i dare say I might be starting to like you” his voice was flat but his eyes sparkled with amusement as he looked to her, the edges of his mouth curving just slightly as he moved about the kitchen grabbing pans and pulling out veggies and sauce and set about chopping ingredients for the sauce and a package of Venision beef, reaching into a drawer and pulling out a black apon he put it on and tied it, turning so she could see it, the phrase “Hiss the cook” across the top with a cobra design, obviously a play on the phrase “kiss the cook” He worked efficiently as he set the sauce to warm, adding in peppers and a few bits here and there, water boiling and meat searing “ive been thinking, I would like to remodel the kitchen, im not a great chef, but I enjoy cooking, and while this is cozy and nicely set up, I wanted to open it up a bit more, “ he looked to her as he worked on cooking the beef and setting the noodles to boil

She pondered that for a moment.

Very well but keep to the original house as much as you can even inside. Time period appropriate architecture.

She wat he'd him in the kitchen her eyes closing for a moment once or twice to reign in her other side at the scent of meat.

Very well but keep to the original house as much as you can even inside. Time period appropriate architecture. he chuckled, the smile on his face genuine “no stainless steel, got it” he gave an over dramatic sigh like all his hopes had been dashed, but couldn’t keep the smile off his face as he set out plates. He caught the look on her face and it made him grin wider as he began spooning out noodles “Liking the smell I take it? it’s a recipe that my foster mother taught me, she loved to cook, it’s a wonder I didn’t turn out fat and rollie polly” he smiled, “ive probably had more then I should tonight but” he popped the cork on a new bottle he’d had chilling in the wine cooler “but I find this Pinot, matches quiet well with it” and offered her a glass, pulling off the apron he’d worn and laid if across the back of his chair. Then grabbed the sauce pan and a ladle swirling it around in the sauce briefly liberally applied it to his own plate “please help yourself” he said, setting the pot on the hot pan holder between them

She watched him for a moment but got some of the food and smiled.

Thanks. Normally for us it's just whatever the Songbird is fixing with beer or pizza and beer or some of the local old family whiskies.

Normally for us it's just whatever the Songbird is fixing with beer or pizza and beer or some of the local old family whiskies. he smiled, “old family whiskeys? Like, homemade?” he asked as he began to eat, adding a little extra Parmesan to his plate, “sounds interesting any good? And could there be a market for it?” he said, his lips twisting up into a smirk, his voice light, joking,

Recipes that have been around since the first families of miners started staking homestead claims and living and working in town. All really good and sold perfectly legally in Miner's Row. Part of the history and heritage.

She shrugged taking a drink of the wine.

Travis smiled, “I would like to try some sometime, not that ive ever found myself a connoisseur, but id like to think I have somewhat good tastes, “ he smiled nodding towards the glasses they had “what do you think? And hows the food? To your liking I hope, “ he asked hopefully, “I know im not the best cook, but I would like to think I could offer you something tasteful, or offer myself “ he winked,

It's fine very good and I might just have some of the different types of local drinks at the shop.

She glanced over to the snake and back to him.

You really should be careful what you offer.

I might just have some of the different types of local drinks at the shop. Travis smiled as he sat back, wiping his mouth and setting his napkin on his empty plate. “well, if its not too bold, some time I believe I would like to try some” he began sorting and gathering the dishes, setting the pots to soaking as he tucked away the left overs. Again he watched as she seemed to watch his snake still coiled around her arm, and still it intrigued him, while he personally liked the house a little cooler at night he wondered if it was with her because she was warm, or what, You really should be careful what you offer. he blinked, an eyebrow peaking as he smiled gently, then chuckled “I’ve seen too many movies, when I hear that line from the bad guy it always makes me laugh because every time the desperate person will always jump on that statement, although I think in this context, my saying “Please, ill do anything, wouldn’t mean a death sentence” he winked teasingly at her as he turned and set to scrubbing the plates briefly then leaving them to soak “Desert? I have this wonderful cheesecake from this little family owned Bakery down off Canal street, Aunt Bettys, “

Sounds wonderful but was it made by her or her nephew?

She smiled then nodding to the snake and lowering her hand for it to slithered back to it's tank.

Sounds wonderful but was it made by her or her nephew? he turned, his smile spreading “She made it personally, well, for me, her nephew runs the store and bakes most of what you see in the coolers and the shelves, but she has a few “special” clients that she still personally bakes for” he wiped his hands on the dish towel, “although her health is failing, some years ago she had taken a turn, and fell behind on the payments and the loan went into default, she’d been so close to paying it off completely.” He smiled somberly “I almost passed on it, but something made me go to the foreclosure auction that day, I ran into her nephew, and her neice, they’d put up everything they had to try and buy the foreclosure, wanting to save their aunt’s shop, “ his smile turned remembering “it was her niece’s tears, Elizabath was her name, when they’d been outbid and couldn’t put up anything more, her tears did it, I threw out an outrageous bid, “ he laughed “god you should have seen the auctioneer’s face, could’ve hit him with a baseball bat and he wouldn’t have blinked, I paid off the loan, turned around and handed the deed right back to Elizabeth in front of the auctioneer and everyone and walked away, now every month she sends me one or two pies as thanks, im actually surprised im not fat and diabetic by now” he smiled as he sat,

You... Glad to hear it.

She smiled.

I was just going to find whoever bought it and... Change their mind... Or address.

She smiled

You... Glad to hear it. he did not miss that catch in her voice and it peaked an eyebrow and his curiosity , watching emotions pass over her face before she smiled at him, the implied threat again causing that slow grin to spread across his face before he laughed, “You know her….” it wasn’t a question, he’d picked up the inflection behind her words and the shock that had albeit briefly surprised her,

She smirked watching him.

Good thing you gave it back to them.or we wouldn't be here right now.

Good thing you gave it back to them or we wouldn't be here right now. he leaned forward, bracing his elbows on the table and his head on his fists, “well answers my question at least” he chuckled again, watching that cute smirk tilt up the edges of her lips “ohhh? Really now? Knowing what I know now, would I be chained up in your basement, nothing more then a toy for you to use and abuse till I gave into you?” mentally the image of that scenario gave him the slightest shiver, but not in a bad way, and just why the hell was he teasing her? he knew she was dangerous, but the night had been light, and fun, and he was rather enjoying her company, but just couldn’t help but tease her, he hmmm’d his eyes twinkling as he watched her return the snake to the floor and watched it slither away, his gaze returning to her again,

No... You would probably be dead but... Your idea has merit too.

She smirked watching him arms crossed over her chest.

No... You would probably be dead but... Your idea has merit too. again Travis felt that shiver trail down his spine. The soft smirk still creasing his lips as he looked at her “well, not that I have aspirations of death, youre still avoiding my question, and making my curiosity even stronger” he said, sitting back finally, hands resting comfortably locked over his stomach “the idea has merit? Im not naïve…………” he paused “Ok well, not TOTALLY naïve, “ he chuckled “but you seem the kind to have a Tie up, tie down, slap and tickle kind of approach, “but I don’t think I’d be the kind of man who bows to a women” his voice was a taunt, teasing, meant to be playful, he was relaxed, his body completely at ease around her, unlike how tense he’d always been since first meeting her, He’d figured if she WAS going to do something to him or have something done she would have done it by now, the phone call he’d received just a day ago from the lawyer he’d been fighting in philly had really spiked his interest. The firm that was fighting his purchase recanted, withdrawing their requests and legal queries trying to stop him and had all but given it to him as several other smaller firms also backed out. He found more and more he was captivated by her, her secret’s, her prowess and no bullshit approach to everything. And well, more the one fantasy about what she would be like in………….Travis shook his head clearing the line of thought

She smiled what you think I can't play gentle?

She raised a brow

And haven't you been giving in to me since we met? What would make that so different?

Back