The One Who Got Away

Feeling her lips press back against his encouraged him. He pulled her tight against his body, his lips raining kisses upon her. His lips moved from her lips to her neck, and he nuzzled softly at her, kissing and sucking. It had been a long time since he had embraced a woman, and even longer since he embraced his one true love. Her fragrance drove him crazy, it was just as he remembered.

She felt the way he took her in his arms and it was like nothing had changed. It felt like it had always felt. She just couldn't take her eyes off him. She had dreamed of seeing him again. In the beginning, she cried herself to sleep, missing him, longing for him. And here he was.

She couldn't get enough of his lips on hers. She nudged her lips against his, over and over again. Just needing to feel him close to her. She leaned her forehead against his, not wanting to move. Just wanting to freeze this moment.

He locked eyes with her and took a moment to catch his breath. A smile crossed his face and he kissed her one last time.

"You know... You need to tell leave you alone, or I'm not going to stop pursuing you..."

He kissed her again after he spoke, and then waited for her to respond.

She brought her fingers to his lips and traced the outline of his lips. He still took her breath away and excited her in ways that no other man had or ever would. She just rested her forehead against his, just wanting to listen to him breathe. This was like some sort of dream. Never did she ever imagine she'd see him again or feel his lips on hers.

"It's complicated right now..." She whispers. "My life is basically one train wreck after another." She laughed a little sadly. But it was true. She was married to someone who she didn't really love.

He kissed her again.

"Well, if it's already one big train wreck, why fight it?"

He hesitated slightly, "Erika, I need you... I've thought of this moment for years... I miss what we used to have... And I want it back... I want you back..."

His words made her heart race. Her husband wasn't attracted to her. He barely kissed her. He never looked at her in a way that made her feel attractive. "I know...." She whispered.

"I thought about you all the time. I missed you. I longed for you every night...." She whispered, resting her hands against his chest. "I miss how you kiss me." She whispered. "How you make love to me....." She whispered in his ear, feeling her body shiver as she said the words.

That was all he needed to hear. Like a switch in his brain had been flipped. He kissed her again, deeply, passionately. He let his tongue probe into her mouth. His hands slid down her back to caress her perfectly shaped ass. It had seemed like almost yesterday the last time he made love to her. An animal-like urge had slowly been creeping up on him as the liquor took hold. He would have his lover once again.

She felt his tongue in her mouth and she kissed him back passionately. She felt his hands on her ass. She moaned against his mouth. It had been years since they were together but she remember it like it was yesterday.

"Jack..." She whispered but it came out almost like a whimper. "Let's go somewhere...I need to be alone with you." She whispered. She longed for his touch, to be physical with him once again.

He stopped his aggressive kissing attack on her, and cleared his throat.

"Lead the way, lover..."

His heart was pounding. He had played out this moment in his head countless times. He was finally getting another chance to make love to the girl of his dreams.

Her heart was racing, almost beating out of her chest. She never thought she'd see Jack again, let alone be with him physically. Her body ached to be touched by him. It had been years. Her hands were shaking. She was a little nervous, nervous that she'd disappoint him.

Her husband was out of town for a few days. She reached into her bag and pulled out a paper and pen. She scribbled down her address quickly. She had never been this excited before.

"Meet me there?"

He took the paper from her, and made sure he could read the address.

"Yeah, I'll meet you there. I'm going to go back inside and say bye to a few of the guys, and then I'll be on my way... You're sure it's okay?"

"Yeah...it's okay." She smiled and kissed his lips before driving off to her house. She was shaking the entire ride home. It had been years since she was with him sexually. She was older now, her body had changed and she was scared she'd disappoint him. She longed for his lips on her skin, his hands on her body.

She got inside her house, taking off her coat. They had been together before so they knew each other's bodies but she was nervous. It had been so long.

Jack went inside and said his goodbyes. He exchanged a few numbers with old friends, and then walked out to his truck. He reread her directions and started on his way. He stopped at a liquor store and bought a bottle of red wine. He hurried back to his truck and made his way to her house. As he pulled into the driveway, he smiled. He had waited along time for her. A lot of lonely nights over seas, not sure if he was even going to survive. He parked and walked up to her door. Knocking hard, and then taking a step back.

Her heart was racing. She was pacing all over her living room. She didn't know why she was so nervous. Of course she knew. It had been over 10 years, well almost, since they had been together. And they both had grown older, especially her. And she was so nervous that she'd disappoint him or that she no longer excited him.

She heard the knock and it made her jump. She took a deep breath. She bit her lip, softly opening the door. "Hey...." Was all she managed to say. Her hands shaking a little.

"Hey. I brought you wine."

He smiled at her, she was perfect. Everything he remembered. He kissed her cheek softly.

"May I come in?"

She was standing in the doorway like a deer caught in headlights. "Gosh, yes. I'm sorry. Come in." She said as she moved out of the way to let him in. "Red wine...a man after my own heart." She teased. Who was she kidding? Jack had her heart, her always would.

She found herself shaking a little. He took her breath away just as he did many years before. She had dreamed of this, to be reunited with him.

"I'm sorry...it's just, I thought of what this would like so many times and I just never thought it would happen. "

He stepped into her house, and glanced around. He held out the bottle of wine and gestured around the room.

"Where could I find a couple of glasses?"

He looked at her, and could sense her nervousness.

"It's okay, you know... I'm not going to hurt you or anything..."

He smiled, and gave her a wink.

"Let's get you a drink, calm your nerves a bit."

She had thought about this many times. Never did she imagine that she would ever see him again, let alone be here with him like this. She remembered the last time they made love like it was yesterday. And when she was lonely, she had flashbacks of that night. It was the night before he left for the war. She was crying and they professed their love to each other. And they didn't just say it because he was leaving, they both felt that love down their bones. And that night they made passionate love to each other, touching one another intimately, kissing one another and knowing in that moment that they may never make love like that again.

She felt her heart racing in a way that her husband had been unable to do for her in all their years of marriage.

She showed him the kitchen. "Here are some wine glasses." She said, reaching up to the cabinet and taking out two wine glasses.

"Can I ask you something?"

He popped the cork on the bottle, and began to pour the wine.

"Of course, you can ask me anything."

He handed her a glass, and then took a sip from his own. His eyes wandered her body, she still had the looks to kill. He felt himself getting hot, and he wasn't sure if it was from the drinking or just her.

She didn't know what tonight had in store for them. If they realized they were no longer good together, she just didn't know. But whatever happened, she knew she would care about him until she died.

"Are you okay? I mean...when you came back from the war, were you hurt?" She asked softly. She worried about him. Even though he was safe now, she still worried. The most important thing to her that Jack made it home safely and there wasn't any obvious injury.

She took a sip of wine, needing to calm her nerves. It had been a long time since she had seen him, let alone be with him and that made her incredibly nervous. She hoped the wine would help her take the edge off.

He took another sip from his glass, and looked down. He turned his gaze to her, and smiled slightly.

"I'm okay... I mean, I think I am... I was shot once... A clean through shot. Right here...Went in here, came out under my arm pit. Just left a little scar..."

He pointed at his left pectoral, then to his underarm.

"I also took a small piece of shrapnel, that's a piece of a grenade, in my right thigh. Again, I was lucky. Just left a scar."

He looked back down to his drink, swirling the wine in the glass.

"I had a couple buddies though... They didn't make it back... I think that's messed me up more than anything... And of course, being away from you..."

Her heart broke a little bit, hearing how he had been hurt. She knew it could have killed him. She put her wine down and came closer to him. She touched where he had just showed her where he had been injured.

She nodded, hearing about his friends that didn't make it back and how that messed him up.

"Are you okay now? I mean mentally..." She asked. She found herself worrying about him. She guessed she worried so much because that was the hold love had on her.

She was full of questions but they were questions she needed answers to before things progressed here.

"Would you ever go back?"

He set his glass down, and shivered slightly at her touch. He took her into his arms, and looked into her eyes.

"I'm great right now. I'm alive. We all made promises to each other during the war. That the ones who survived would live their lives to the fullest for those that couldn't... And at this moment, I have what I was fighting for in my arms."

He kissed her softly, and still looking into her eyes, he said, "If another war erupted tomorrow, I might hesitate to go... But if it were a matter of fighting to protect you, I'd go in a heart beat."

She felt him take her in her arms and she wrapped her arms around him. She rested her head against his chest and let out a heavy breath. She closed her eyes just needing to take in this moment. It was one she dreamed of. All those lonely nights where she wondered if he was okay, those nights her heart was broken that he was gone. It was all for something because he was here now and that was all that mattered.

"I love you." She whispered. "I never stopped loving you. Not for a second." She told him. She had married Rick but it wasn't the same. When she and Rick met in college she wanted anything to stop her heart from hurting from losing Jack. And in the beginning Rick was a good guy and everything but that deep love you feel with your first love, Erika just didn't have it with Rick. And she couldn't even pretend like she did.

She pressed her fingers against his scar. Feeling where he had been hurt. His body still felt the same. The same way as she remembered it.

He smiled and held her tight. To hear those words pass from her lips had made his heart melt.

"I love you too, I always have... I'm so glad I found you again."

He kissed the top of her head. One of his hands slowly slid down her back to the top of her ass. He was hesitant at first, but then let his hand down to squeeze her perfect behind.

Back