The Milestone thread...Brag here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean a smartassed girl, don't you?
Dang, you are a...
clever-girl-jurassic-park.gif

But no ratings allowed and only one comment?

Guess that was an exercise to say 'okay I did it.'

Yes. It was also about the story I wrote, not what the trolls expected. I set out to write a sanctioned cheating story where an open couple is suddenly challenged by a rival (her name, Emily, literally means “rival”) who happens to be the husband’s first crush all grown up, one of the psychologist wife’s former patients, and starting to swing while her own marriage goes through divorce proceedings. Emily’s husband is an ok guy, but he has had problems dealing with her for years due to her various issues (she’s survived many problems of which all women must beware). They were only staying together for their child, now they’re splitting. No cuckold or btb stuff, I’m not into that. The LW trolls disliked me failing to meet their toxic expectations and started downvoting all my stories. Now I know all my comments are genuine good or bad feedback hopefully.

Loving Wives is a learning experience. We can’t all write something like Range Cold.

The LW trolls disliked me failing to meet their toxic expectations and started downvoting all my stories. Now I know all my comments are genuine good or bad feedback hopefully.
How do you know how they disliked you if you do not allow comments or even ratings? You think we all get great supportive comments like "Tell your story like you want! I love the effort and thought you put into writing this missive"?
I get flamed constantly. Just today I got a comment on a story I wrote that has 4.3 rating on LW. It said it read:
"Really lame. Reads like a creative writing essay from high school. Far fetched scenario is putting it mildly." That was written by our old friend Anonymous.
So what?

How do you know how they disliked you if you do not allow comments or even ratings? You think we all get great supportive comments like "Tell your story like you want! I love the effort and thought you put into writing this missive"?
I get flamed constantly. Just today I got a comment on a story I wrote that has 4.3 rating on LW. It said it read:
"Really lame. Reads like a creative writing essay from high school. Far fetched scenario is putting it mildly." That was written by our old friend Anonymous.
So what?

I do allow comments. I turned them back on while leaving ratings off. I just delete the ones I don’t appreciate. Hope you’ll read my story yourself if you have any more to say please.

We can’t all write something like Range Cold.
I liked that story except that at the end I wanted the author to have the character either pull the trigger and kill the cheating couple, or let her husband kill her friend then kill him.

For the build up, and the fact this happens on a range with an armed, scorned, and betrayed woman, the end was a let down.

The story was a good example of how to play that crowd-if you're concerned with score-. The husband being the cheat kept a lot of the "all women evil" somewhat at bay, but at the same time having a female best friend involved did still let them aim angst at a woman, and the entire set up had nothing to do with cuckhold so that faction had nothing to scream about.

Personally, I like hearing them scream and its worth a sub three score and a bunch of frothing comments from incel nation.

I just had my fifth story surpass the 100K views mark! Say what you will about the accuracy of 'views', that is a pretty flattering indicator.

Even more interestingly, the one that clicked over was A Reputation 10, the finale of that series. A second entry in that series also has 100K+ views, and neither one is the first chapter, which is... weird. Also, I don't think it is my best series, either...

I just had my fifth story surpass the 100K views mark! Say what you will about the accuracy of 'views', that is a pretty flattering indicator.

Even more interestingly, the one that clicked over was A Reputation 10, the finale of that series. A second entry in that series also has 100K+ views, and neither one is the first chapter, which is... weird. Also, I don't think it is my best series, either...
That is off, usually views/vote totals are highest in the first chapter or two, then go down as the score tends to go up. Are they all in the same category?

I just finished the first version of the last chapter of The Rivals. It took me a long time to get there. A few false starts, and it's easily twice as long as the other chapters (three times as long as the first). But I think it's very satisfying. Despite what the title might suggest ("Orgy of Death"), Avilia and Sligh earn their HEA.

Well, on the Anti-Milestone front, I had a two-star review on a sales site related, primarily to the cost of the story and its length (which is clearly shown on the sales information). Also, to much story to sex ratio for him.

That is off, usually views/vote totals are highest in the first chapter or two, then go down as the score tends to go up. Are they all in the same category?
That is why I mentioned it. As a series goes on, reads go down (usually in an asymptotic curve toward some core audience number), comments dry up after chapter one and then spike at the finale, and scores go up, all as a general rule.
In this one, the scores went up(ish) and comments were steady throughout. The views held. The initial drop was only to 70%, and then settled at about 50% of chapter one. The mid-series hundred K story was a cat change from EC to EX/VOY, but the next one was another shift to GS, and it had the lowest number of views. After that, the chapters all go back to EC and +/- 50% of Chapter One's traffic. The finale is in EC as well.
And the first story is in telescope range of 100k itself, though it may take another year to get there.
I think my milestone is the fifth 100K story, but my brag is about a series that holds its audience in a way that if it happened with a Hollywood blockbuster from week one to the following, the head office would be paying for blowjobs for everyone involved, down to the catering staff...

So, HUGE milestone. Topped 1200 followers and just had Only Consenting Adults Ch 27 go live an hour ago, finalising 2 solid years of writing across 160 chapters in 11 books, 1M words. Finally, it all comes to an end, after living with these characters for so long.

Next, a celebratory beer. Then, pastures new... them bunnies never sleep.

Last edited:
My story, The Demonization of Humberstone Road just hit exactly 666 views.

It's been up nearly a week, so I'm not exactly happy about that number, but equally, it seems very appropriate.

(But I've had my smile now, so please don't feel bad about going to read it.)
Enjoy every one of those views. My story in L&T has nearly 2400 and has been up since March. L&T is a bit of a black hole.

HUGE month here in the dog house, I edited up and posted some junk I thought nobody would want to see... silly me. I'm probably going to go over 50,000 views this month. I just went over 10,000 votes, over 550 comments (I'm a lonely guy, people don't talk to me) I just hit 750 favorites and I picked up over 50 new followers. I put in five contest entries, one lit 25 entry and mentored 2 support threads, and I have finished the Discworld Heptalogy (posting the last 2 next month)... but it is the discworld, I'm going to have to add a side story to make it an Octology

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back