The Milestone thread...Brag here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lovecraft68

Bad Doggie
Once in awhile someone will start a thread about hitting a certain number, but some don't like to do that because they're adverse to doing a "look at me" thread and thinking its kind of vain, or no one cares.

So I figured we could start a place for it.

The 'milestone" can be anything. There's no set requirement other than what you think is a milestone to you. If its your hundredth vote on a story, your 25th comment, it could be your first story or comment because you're brand new. Whatever it is, post it here and get yourself a slap on the back. Note I said back, if you want one on the backside there's a spanking thread over in the BDSM forum.

Who's first?

I put Tilan on Iggy when I got a caution from the Admin about a response to two hateful comments he made to me and another person. I was cautioned for responding. I don't have time for that, so best to cover the open sore with a bandaid.

It's hard for me not to respond to him, so best not to see the comments. The comments calling me a pet rat should at least have drawn him a caution, don't you think?

I'm able to buy new shoes, new boots, and two new outfits with my earnings payment this month on my stories. I'm proud of that, that's the real brag.

I have over 150 people on iggy, half of them manifestations of Botany Bay and AJ...
quite a few from the AH, but not you apparently :)
fuzzies?
Botany Boy is still around? I thought he would have fried his last braincell a few years back. I have one person on iggy and for recent reasons that have nothing to do with me. I guess its on behalf of someone else. I'm good with unofficial iggy where I just skip over what that person says out of habit.

Obviously I don't skip over you, so the feels are right back at you.

It's not much of a brag, but last week I crossed the 40 story line. I've got ~20 more in the pipeline (chapters, primarily). Didn't think this little hobby would get nearly this far in three years. According to my wife, "You spend the entire day in that chair! I never see more of you than the back of your head!" Not true, of course, but I understand her POV. OTOH, if I could persuade her to put down her iPad for more than three seconds... :rolleyes:

Yeah, I've met Iggy, too. Since the only forum I frequent is AH, Iggy just has 21 friends.

It's not much of a brag, but last week I crossed the 40 story line. I've got ~20 more in the pipeline (chapters, primarily). Didn't think this little hobby would get nearly this far in three years. According to my wife, "You spend the entire day in that chair! I never see more of you than the back of your head!" Not true, of course, but I understand her POV. OTOH, if I could persuade her to put down her iPad for more than three seconds... :rolleyes:

Yeah, I've met Iggy, too. Since the only forum I frequent is AH, Iggy just has 21 friends.
21? that's half the regulars!

Other than post 6 we're already drifting...well, no, SG's iggy number is impressive.

My recent Nude day placing is my 10th overall. Last three have been brother/sister stories. Guess that's the wheelhouse.

Like my Mum, I'm not a'tall a fan of Tom Cruise. The only thing either of us liked him in is Interview with a Vampire. My pops like some of his shit. Can't figure that out. He usually has such good taste. After all, he adopted me.

Like my Mum, I'm not a'tall a fan of Tom Cruise. The only thing either of us liked him in is Interview with a Vampire. My pops like some of his shit. Can't figure that out. He usually has such good taste. After all, he adopted me.
He was hit or miss with me Although Few Good Men is one of the rare non horror movies I really like. Damn good writing. But after the Katie Holmes abduction (I mean marriage) and the scientology cult attempting to brain wash her and some of Kidman's stories, he's on my do not support list. The fact all the toxic you tuber man babies that cry a river when a movie has a female lead blow cumbubbles over him further adds to my disdain.

21? that's half the regulars!

Oh, not really. There are a handful of AH regulars in there, but most are drop-ins who irked me within the space of one or two posts, never to have returned. As a former long-time forum moderator (elsewhere, obviously) I can smell trouble pretty quickly.

Irk. Love that word. Irk. "They irk me." 😆

Oh, not really. There are a handful of AH regulars in there, but most are drop-ins who irked me within the space of one or two posts, never to have returned. As a former long-time forum moderator (elsewhere, obviously) I can smell trouble pretty quickly.

Irk, irking, irked, irkish, irksome, irkeatoshish to the mostest.

Drax from Guardians of the Galaxy "What if I find someone irksome...."

Sort of a negative milestone, but when my new story goes live tonight, it will end my longest gap between publications since I started here.
It counts, you're back in the game. I went two month without anything in the paid market. Like here, you're only as good as the last one so anything new kicks up the old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back