The Last Daughter of Krypton OOC

Name: Misty Graves
Ht: 5'0"
Wt: 113lbs
Eyes: Sapphire Blue
Hair: Honey Blonde
Birthdate: 8/15/1992

blondgirl.jpg

Powers: she gained strange powers when she was a kid due to a meteor storm though she didn't realize it at the time just now her first day of high school are they becoming noticable. She has powers to read people's surface thoughts and the power of suggestion which is almost impossible to resist.

Bio: She is from a well off family in smallville, Her dad is actually one of Lex's best friends and right hand men. She grew up with the silver spoon in her life and things were wonderful. She was out with her father inspecting one of her families many farms that the owned at around the age of 5 when the meteor show struck smallville. She was caught in the middle of the shower and somehow managed to survive. She is a cheerleader and one of the most popular girls in school. She is extremely excited this will be her first day of High School and she is glad to be meeting new people and hopefully make some new friends.

Personality: Friendly outgoing caring and generous.

Last edited:
KaraKent.jpg

Name: Kara Zor-El (Kara Kent)
Race: Kryptonian
Height: 5'3"
Hair: Blond
Eyes: Light blue

Kara was born to her father Zor-El and her mother Alura in the city of Argos on Krypton. When she was but a mere child, probably no older than 1 year, the planet Krypton was about to be destroyed when their sun turned super nova. In an effort to save his family, Zor-El had originally decided to send both his wife and newborn daughter to a distant planet. When Alura stated she had no intention of leaving her husbands side, they sent Kara rocketing alone towards Earth in a space ship... the Last Daughter of Krypton.

The journey from Krypton to Earth took about three Earth years to complete. Though her ship was programmed to instruct her on her heritage and purpose on this new planet, most of that became non-operational after crash landing in a corn field located in a town called Smallville, and subsequently Kara remembers none of it. Kara, along with the ship she landed in, were discovered by Jonathon and Martha Kent, two very loving and respectable parents in the Smallville community. Instead of turning her in, Jonathon and Martha Kent took the young alien into their home and raised her like their own daughter.

The Kent's were a little wary about introducing her into the public school systems, as she exhibited abilities that most humans could only dream of. At the age of six, Kara first experienced super speed when she was playing a game of tag with her father. Kara ran so fast that when she finally stopped, she was in the next city over! It would take some time before she was able to control these abilities, restraining her speed and strength so as to appear 'normal'. Kara was finally ready for her first taste of the public life when she was enrolled at Smallville High School; her cautious nature and shyness, however, caused her difficulty in fitting in. She developed only a limited number of friendships, allowing her a small degree of comfort, but never to the point where she trusted others with her secret.

---

Powers: Super strength, speed, limited invulnerability, super hearing, x-ray vision, flight, heat vision
(She will develop, over time, other assorted trademark powers, including a greater deal of invulnerability)

Weakness: Green Kryptonite, Magic​

Last edited:
I read over this thread and I have a suggestion for AmenRa. Instead of using his powers rarely, perhaps when you chose to stay behind you were warned that you would be stripped of your powers. You'd still look younger then you are, Kryptonians live longer then humans. There could be a storyline later on, maybe after Kara gets the fortress back online, where you get your powers back. One of the repercussions of something like this is that you'd know all about Krypton but nothing about meteor rocks, allowing Kara and friends to find out about that on her own.

It's just a suggestion, if you don't like it, don't use it.

-----------------

I have been thinking about playing a Green Lantern for awhile now and I think I've got a character concept that would fit well in this universe: a deputy Green Lantern who just got his ring and hasn't been trained. However, I don't know if a Green Lantern would fit in your thread concept Tears. If you think it will, then let me know and I'll write up the character sheet.

That's a very cool idea.

I think I will go with that, Tim. Thanks.

it depends on how old I am. If we are 18+, I'll be a crime fighter. If we are freshmen, I'll be a student, learning the stuff. But it's up to you.

Name: Bruce Wayne
Weight: 165 lbs
Height: 5"11
Hair: Black
Eyes: Blue

christian.jpg

Bruce Wayne was orphaned at the young age of 8. His parents were shot and killed while walking home one night from a play in Gotham City. Because of this terrible loss, Alfred Pennyworth, Bruce's Butler, or "Gentleman's Gentleman", as he was often refered to, took young Bruce away from Gotham to a small city in Kansas, away from the horrible crime of Gotham City. There, Bruce began learning Martial Arts, and becoming very involved in business.

Powers: None. The only thing that Bruce has on his side is a great nack for the Martial Arts, a very smart mind, and a lot of money.

Personality: Fun, outgoing with people, but also has a "Dark" side that is often hidden from most people.

Last edited:
Right ... I think I'm going to go for a different character this time actually. Sorry if anyone was looking forward to having another Ali around here, I just wanna try out some one different for this thread.

42599830_36c070298d.jpg

Name: Erin Hughes
Race: Human/'Meteor marked'

Height: 5'6"
Hair:
Currently - Black
Has been - Red, Pink, Green, White and mixtures there of.
Originally - Blonde
Eyes: Brown

Erin is what one might describe as a troubled youth. At 7 years old her parents and her were caught in freak meteor shower. A chunk of rock smashed through the side of their car, killing Edward and Sylvia Hughes instantly and leaving a crying Erin trapped in the burning four-by-four until rescue came in the form of a cheerleader of all people. Physically, all she had to remind her of that terrible day was a strangely-shaped burnmark (alien language perhaps? ;) ) seared onto her stomach, psychologically however the damage was much deeper... Her family had never been short on money and luxury. Yet now, that was all gone... She was a penny-less orphan and the last of the Hughes family, left alive, all on her own.

She never had a solid life after the cheerleader had dropped her off at the orphanage, moving from family to family more times than the moon circles the Earth in a year. With few or no role-models, Erin became wild, a problem child, and a bully. She had always put up a front of toughness but inside all she really wanted was a group of friends, true friends,

But more so, someone, anyone she could call family.

Recently, whenever she got near a certain little blonde Kent girl, her burn would flare up, and, Erin being Erin, got rid of it the only way she knew how. Tormenting the poor girl. Kara Kent was her new target. The girl was obvious doing something to her that she didn't understand. Witchcraft or whatever, Erin would have to just beat it out of her and make her stop what ever this was that was happening.

Burns didn't stay cold for 10 long years and then just flare up again with the addition to life of some puny little freshman. If Kara Kent wanted trouble she'd get it.

Yeeeah ... not quite as cheery as Ali but I figured Erin could be a rather interesting character when you get into the nature of her 'mark'. Can anyone say freak finder? I dunno lol I intend to have her open up as the thread progresses, think of her as an anti-hero, of sorts.

I need help. I can't seem to get a stupid picture up here, like you guys did. Can someone please help me figure it out. Thanks.

Supes, if you're talking about an avatar, under your name on the side there, go to User CP and look under your profile. It has a place for an avatar.

AmenRa said:
Supes, if you're talking about an avatar, under your name on the side there, go to User CP and look under your profile. It has a place for an avatar.

He needs more posts before he can have an AV though.

Right.

More posts.

Must have more posts.

Posts...there must be more of them before an avator he can have.

Think i'd like to join in with a character I have plaed on a few X-Men threads (powered down to a 16 year old)

if thats ok I'll post a bio either tonight or tomorrow night

I don't have a problem with that, but I'm not in charge here. But I know that they are accepting to other superheroes, but I don't know what they would say about a Marvel character, not a DC one.

it's not a Marvel character, it's a character concept I played in a Champions game many many years ago that i adapted to the Marvel universe
(my own intellectual property)

well then I don't see why they would have a problem with it. I know that three of the characters so far are created from the depths of their minds. So I don't see why you can't have one.

Superman1496 said:
You guys make me laugh. Thanks for the advise.

Nice picture, though Christian Bale does seem a bit older than 16 in that photo ^_^

Oh well, he's handsome so no complaints from me ^_^

TearsoftheWorld said:
Nice picture, though Christian Bale does seem a bit older than 16 in that photo ^_^

well, it was the youngest looking picture of him that I could find, and I think he could pass it off. Better then the ones with him being all scruffy and what not. But I'm glad you like it.

TearsoftheWorld said:

I might be inclined to agree with that

Well, being a guy, I don't really agree. But...play it as you wish. I'm glad that you two like it though.

Wraith's Bio

Wraith: Background & Powers

myspace_jensen_ackles_007.jpg

Name: Kyle Greystone
Codename: Wraith
Physical description (human form): 5'8" 165 lbs Blonde Hair, slightly luminescent lavender eyes. He is clean-shaven and muscular for a 16 year old, with no scars, tattoos, or piercings.
(Hero Form): Black organic armor covers his entire body, ending in a crown of horns around his head. There are no mouth or nose-holes, and his entire eyes glow a lavender color. (Basically, He looks very close to what Top Cow’s Darkness character looks like) He is pretty damn scary-looking in his armored form, a drawback that has affected him in the past.

Powers: Almost all of Wraiths powers are based on Darkness and shadow. Some will only work at night, others are active at will.

Offensive Powers: He can form his fingers into diamond-hard sharpened claws that can rip through steel.
His strength is enhanced (he can lift over 1700lbs) and has a greatly enhanced agility also (equal to Nightcrawlers). This effect is halved in his non-armored form.
He can fire blasts of solid darkness from his hands, which strike with a powerful blow.
He can also fire a webbing-like fluid from the tops of his hands, ensnaring foes in an organic mesh. This webbing lasts until Sunrise, when it dissolves into shadows.

Defensive Powers: His armor, which is of an organic nature, is strong enough to withstand the blast of a .357 Magnum at point-blank range, while not impeding his movement at all. It acts like a second skin to Wraith. Also, it is cool to the touch (about 65o)
When in darkness or shadows Wraith can shift himself into Shadowform, effectively phasing himself out of the physical plane. While in the form the only attacks that can touch him are light-based (not energy) attacks. Exposure to a bright light source will also throw him back into solid form.

He can also create a field of impenetrable darkness, centered on a location within ten meters of himself, that can extend anywhere from ten meters to one hundred meters in diameter. No form of vision can penetrate the field, including infravision. Wraith is immune to this field. (He can see normally.)

Telepaths contact is difficult with Wraith when he is in his armored form. Telepaths have said to get a “madness resonance “from his shields (a by-product of his connection with the plane of Shadow.). Attempting to break his shields takes a powerful and skilled Telepath. Wraith has no control over this power, and cannot lower it. It is always active in his armored form, and somewhat lessened in his human form.

Movement Powers: He can teleport from shadow to shadow (Shadowstep). The Range of this is up to 200 meters away. This Power only works if in shadows or darkness and he must know where he is going.
Wraith can also shift himself and up to 7000lbs of matter to the Demiplane of Shadow. He can then move it back to the same location or a different one he knows well. This Power only works in shadows or darkness. This power will only transport willing passengers. As of now he does not have very good control of this ability.

Miscellaneous Powers: Wraith Is Immune to aging. He does not need to eat, nor does he create bodily waste. He does not sleep, and does not breathe (hero form only). He is immune to most radiation, & high and low pressure conditions (he can survive in a vacuum and in high-pressure conditions).
His sight is such that Darkness is like daylight to him. No form of darkness affects his vision (clouds, smoke, etc. do though). His eyes are sensitive to bright lights, so in human form he is usually wearing sunglasses at all times.
His most powerful ability is his ability to reach out to shadow and summon sixteen minions to his side. He can summon multiple different kinds of creatures (From goblinoid “Boyz”, to huge hulking Ogres, Huge Mastiffs, or vaguely wyvern-like flying creatures. Two things always stay the same. They all have eyes that are similar to Wraiths, and 15 of them are alike, the 16th is a four-foot tall goblinoid creature wearing street garb and carrying a Colt Python .50 cal. handgun. His name is Squint, and he is, for lack of a better term, Wraiths henchman. He is smarter than most of the creatures Wraith summons, and has a distinct personality and a mind of his own (mostly). Wraith’s summoning power only works in Darkness or in heavy shadows.
At this time this power has not manifested.

Vulnerabilities: Most of Wraiths powers are lessened or do not work in bright light or sunlight. His summon will only work underground (a building or room with no windows counts as underground for this purpose) or at night. His entangle disintegrates in light, the more intense the quicker it is destroyed. (About 30 minutes in sunlight, one minute in a light-based attack) Also, all of his powers except for his life support powers (aging, etc.) shut down completely if he is standing on Holy Ground.
He takes increased damage to his vision from light-based attacks, and bright light bothers him in human and hero form.
Attacks based on light (not energy) do more damage to him than other attacks.
Wraith is a mutant and is detectable as such by beings that can detect him as one.

Background: Kyle Greystone was born into a wealthy family with every opportunity in life available to him. Some are born with a silver spoon; Kyle’s was a platinum one. Kyle’s father and mother both were from old money, but they were always looking forward. First with computers, then bio-genetics, until by his Tenth birthday his family controlled one of the largest bio-genetics and engineering companies in the world.
Then in one night, it all came crashing down around him.
Three weeks after his twelth birthday his family was attacked by an assassin hired by a rival bio-genecist. The assassin was the mutant known as Carrion. He defeated the security of the mansion, and slew his younger brother and sister in their beds. His parents were next, but his mother managed to scream once before the killers claws silenced her forever. Kyle’s older sister, Rebecca, made it into his room just before Carrion, and she was struck and thrown into Kyle, knocking them both to the floor and covering them in blood. This was when Kyle manifested his powers. The shadows in the room exploded into motion, swirling around the young mutant, and he and his sister vanished into shadow seconds before Carrion could finish the job.
He later awoke in his grandparent’s farm in Kansas his torn and bloody sister barely breathing in his arms. She got to the hospital in time to save her life, but the attack left her paralyzed from the waist down.
They stayed on the farm for two more years until Bekka was 18, and she inherited the family business. Against her grandparents wishes, she moved back to the mansion while Kyle stayed in Kansas, and she regained control of the company. Under her control, the company moved away from bio-engineering, and into micro-engineering and powersuit/military research and development. The company grew wealthier with her guidance, and now was one of the leading providers of mobile armor and weaponry to the U.S. Government. They have clashed with LutherCorp on several occasions on projects.
During this time Kyle was learning more about his powers and abilities. In the two years on the farm he learned how to cloak himself in darkness, and his strength and agility grew to more than human. His eyes also grew much more sensitive to light, and he slept less and less. Wraith is still learning about his abilities. Kyle lives with his Maternal grandparents, the Matthews, and is attending his sophomre year at Smallville High.

Last edited:
Back