The Last Daughter of Krypton - IC

Promise by Two Steps From Hell ~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXYrQvVp8e8

As Kara Zor-El sat at her table and rested for a few brief moments, she spotted J'onn over in the corner of the room and smiled warmly when he raised his glass to her. When it was all over, the students began to file out of the gym and into the parking lot outside, and while most of her classmates waited for their parents or older siblings to pick them up, Kara looked up to the stars and smiled while a gentle breeze blew her golden hair across her face. She raised a hand up to her head and tucked her hair behind her ears, then she looked around and took off into the sky, leaving Smallville behind her as she rose up to join the clouds that rolled over the Earth.

"We don't need to whisper."

* * * Three Years Later * * *

Smallville
The Kent Farm

Upon her eighteenth birthday, Kara Zor-El felt more than a little restless. She knew what it was that she had to do, but it was going to be the most difficult thing she would ever do in her life. She didn't know how long it would take... and she was afraid that she'd be gone when she was needed most.

"I have to do this," she whispered to herself, then sighed heavily as she slipped her arms into her red jacket and fixed her hair.

She hadn't said goodbye to anyone yet...

Would they still be there when she got back?

"I have to do this," Kara reminded herself, and then she took off into the air and headed north.

The Fortress of Solitude

"My daughter... by now you will have reached your 18th year as it is measured on Earth. The knowledge that I have, matters physical and historic, I've given you freely on your voyage to your new home. These are important matters to be sure, but still matters of mere fact. There are questions to be asked, and it is time for you to do so. Here in this Fortress of Solitude, we shall try to find the answers together."

Kara stepped forward, slowly at first, but with more and more confidence as she drew closer to the holographic image of her long-deceased father. Once she reached the appointed platform, Kara became bathed in a bright flash of light, and she suddenly found herself staring at Kryptonian symbols and other objects of various shapes and sizes as they swirled about her.

Her training had begun.

~ ~ / / * * * * * \ \ ~ ~

This is the end of the first chapter of the Last Daughter of Krypton. The story picks up roughly 7 years later in World's Finest, where Kara finishes her training and is introduced to the world as Supergirl.

The Last Daughter of Krypton: World's Finest

Last edited:
Back