The Isolated Blurt Thread XXXVII: You're Welcome, Fuckers

Well we have blenders. Just not sure because i love pasta

I was just joking about the beets. I just find them gross.
I totally hate the situation because nobody has answers yet.
use a small pepper and make a small batch
try it solo - without potentially defiling pasta
see if you like it
if not, compost or toss - move on
if yes, try w/ your least fave pasta next
???

glad i misread where the hate was directed
and it is frustrating
Editd: I had to give up all tomatoes
sucks - but it is helping

okay - off to bed for me
i hereby turn this delightful blurt thread back over
sorry if this should have moved to PMs instead of a mini-hijack
still getting used to the flow of things now that i'm back

Last edited:
use a small pepper and make a small batch
try it solo - without potentially defiling pasta
see if you like it
if not, compost or toss - move on
if yes, try w/ your least fave pasta next
???

glad i misread where the hate was directed
and it is frustrating
the number of doctors and dieticians i've been to in the last decade is staggering to me
only some of them had one, small nugget each to offer
the last one - give up all tomatoes
sucks - but it is helping

okay - off to bed for me
i hereby turn this delightful blurt thread back over
sorry if this should have moved to PMs instead of a mini-hijack
still getting used to the flow of things now that i'm back
Don't worry about others. They will be just fine.

Good idea with the small batch thing. Man I could go for some pasta now

Yeah it's just frustrating and doesn't help with my midlife crisis going on

I don't know if it's the same thing, but after my wife had her gallbladder removed,

IBS 100%

As you say it’s more prevalent in women.

Get her some Imodium tablets. For when you guys go out to eat. It will change her life.

What I love about you is how you’re so cool about it. And understanding. I truly hope more men are just like you. You are a spectacular man, Jutt, I have to say. Whether you agree with that or not I do not care. You are genuinely one in a million, and you deserve all the praise in the world.

Ok I'm going to blurt..
I don't sleep well.. anyone who knows me knows this... and it sucks cuz it really affects my attitude..

That's one blurt

I have a friend in here that I've found myself attached to... which is not me..I don't do feelings... so I'm thinking about taking a break from the friendship..but I don't think I'm strong enough...
Ok I blurted
🥇

Ok I'm going to blurt..
I don't sleep well.. anyone who knows me knows this... and it sucks cuz it really affects my attitude..

That's one blurt

I have a friend in here that I've found myself attached to... which is not me..I don't do feelings... so I'm thinking about taking a break from the friendship..but I don't think I'm strong enough...
Ok I blurted
both sound like difficult situations. sleep is so essential.
self-imposed limitation can be a challenge.
wish you all the best as you figure out the best path to take.

Don't worry about others. They will be just fine.

Good idea with the small batch thing. Man I could go for some pasta now

Yeah it's just frustrating and doesn't help with my midlife crisis going on
Anti-diarreal pills are my best friend.

Ok I'm going to blurt..

That's one blurt

Ok I blurted
Feelings don't care about your feelings. They just do their own thing.

IBS 100%

As you say it’s more prevalent in women.

Get her some Imodium tablets. For when you guys go out to eat. It will change her life.

What I love about you is how you’re so cool about it. And understanding. I truly hope more men are just like you. You are a spectacular man, Jutt, I have to say. Whether you agree with that or not I do not care. You are genuinely one in a million, and you deserve all the praise in the world.

What an absolutely sweet thing to say! Thank you, it means a lot to me. :)

Funny, I was cleaning out the garage last weekend and had this album blasting while I worked. Lots of frowns, from the ancient neighbors, as they walked their equally ancient tiny dogs. They must not be happy with the generational turnover of the neighborhood. Maybe I won't either, when that time comes.

Again, thank you for your lovely comment.

For anyone having a bad day........

200w.gif

allergies are killing me. i should go rinse my sinuses again. i need to buckle down today and study my ass off. the finish line is near.

don't think i'll find anything to "sub" for tomatoes
but Roasted Red Pepper Sauce isn't a bad pasta topper
(lost alfredo and pesto before tomatoes)
it's an experiment - tomatoes may not be the only nightshade that's dicey these days pfft
We have a nightshade allergy in our house. I’m surprised you can have the red peppers. If all nightshades are problematic for you, it will end up eliminating those as well. :( Paprika is a killer in our house and that is in so many things!

We have a nightshade allergy in our house. I’m surprised you can have the red peppers. If all nightshades are problematic for you, it will end up eliminating those as well. :( Paprika is a killer in our house and that is in so many things!
Nightshade feels like a thing you'd find in the Witcher

I've got my fingers crossed it's not all nightshades, but time will tell. During my hiatus I was diagnosed with something that drives my food issues. Still figuring it all out - bit of a moving target.

Honestly, IDK how people with actual food allergies manage to stay alive. Between the FDA's policy change at the start of the pandemic, to the allowances for certain food labeling (i.e. "spices" rather than listing the actual spices, etc.) I think it's become even more challenging to find a "safe food".

Last edited:
Back