The Isolated Blurt Thread XXXVII: You're Welcome, Fuckers

I don't know if it's the same thing, but after my wife had her gallbladder removed, she suffers from stomach issues. She's been to several doctors, over many years, and none of them can figure out why. One doctor said, it may be something to do with how her liver is processing food, without the aid of the gallbladder. No longer having a place to gather the bile, that assist in digestion, produces a problem when it hits her upper small intestine. Typically, that's where her pain is when it happens. It happens almost everytime she eats something. Or shit, even drink a glass of iced tea. Although, it's less likely with liquids, but it still happens sometimes.

The problem started when her gallbladder was about to fail, or it was already failing, and it never got better. It's horrible for her, but physically, there is nothing wrong. She even thought she had diverticulitis for a while. That was debunked. There is no recourse or things to avoid. I suppose ultra fatty foods... That does make it worse.

This theory only holds water if you've had, or about to have, your gallbladder removed. If that's not the case, I don't know what's wrong with you.. I guess you're just fucked.

Ok I'm going to blurt..
I don't sleep well.. anyone who knows me knows this... and it sucks cuz it really affects my attitude..

That's one blurt

I have a friend in here that I've found myself attached to... which is not me..I don't do feelings... so I'm thinking about taking a break from the friendship..but I don't think I'm strong enough...
Ok I blurted

I don't know if it's the same thing, but after my wife had her gallbladder removed, she suffers from stomach issues. She's been to several doctors, over many years, and none of them can figure out why. One doctor said, it may be something to do with how her liver is processing food, without the aid of the gallbladder. No longer having a place to gather the bile, that assist in digestion, produces a problem when it hits her upper small intestine. Typically, that's where her pain is when it happens. It happens almost everytime she eats something. Or shit, even drink a glass of iced tea. Although, it's less likely with liquids, but it still happens sometimes.

The problem started when her gallbladder was about to fail, or it was already failing, and it never got better. It's horrible for her, but physically, there is nothing wrong. She even thought she had diverticulitis for a while. That was debunked. There is no recourse or things to avoid. I suppose ultra fatty foods... That does make it worse.

This theory only holds water if you've had, or about to have, your gallbladder removed. If that's not the case, I don't know what's wrong with you.. I guess you're just fucked.
I was told this as well when they took mine out.

Stomach is still bothering me. Everything I eat causes a problem. Even salads..salads.
I'm sorry you're dealing with this. GI & Food issues are difficult.
I have a medical condition that's given me noticeable symptoms for 30+ years. The food issues leveled up a few years ago. While some of the other symptoms are "stronger" (undecided that's the right descriptor), the food stuff has been more difficult to navigate. I hope you find some relief soon!!

I'm sorry you're dealing with this. GI & Food issues are difficult.
I have a medical condition that's given me noticeable symptoms for 30+ years. The food issues leveled up a few years ago. While some of the other symptoms are "stronger" (undecided that's the right descriptor), the food stuff has been more difficult to navigate. I hope you find some relief soon!!

Thanks. It doesn't make sense to whatever it is. I can't eat spicy salsa. But I can eat spicy salmon. Roast beef sandwich makes me wierd but pork doesn't..

Thanks. It doesn't make sense to whatever it is. I can't eat spicy salsa. But I can eat spicy salmon. Roast beef sandwich makes me wierd but pork doesn't..
some of my food issues are histamine driven
short list of recent foods I've had to give up:
(actual list is huge)
tomatoes, avocados, all red meat, chocolate, most dairy
salads are sketchy - lettuce can be difficult to digest at times & dressings can be high histamine depending on ingredients
it's not an allergy itself - no anaphylaxis
but food can now make me really sick and slow my digestion for a while after
+ it can be tricky - keeping a running tally of everything I eat/drink over the course of several days, because foods can add up in combination to a reaction
makes socializing a challenge

some of my food issues are histamine driven
short list of recent foods I've had to give up:
(actual list is huge)
tomatoes, avocados, all red meat, chocolate, most dairy
salads are sketchy - lettuce can be difficult to digest at times & dressings can be high histamine depending on ingredients
it's not an allergy itself - no anaphylaxis
but food can now make me really sick and slow my digestion for a while after
+ it can be tricky - keeping a running tally of everything I eat/drink over the course of several days, because foods can add up in combination to a reaction
makes socializing a challenge
That's terrible. No offense.
Like I've had to limit my chocolate intake and I hate it..I like chocolate

That's terrible. No offense.
Like I've had to limit my chocolate intake and I hate it..I like chocolate
that's rough - liking something but having to give it up
i either never liked what i had to give up, or came to dislike it from the reactions
still in the mourning phase regarding tomatoes though
it'll pass, but that was my most recent loss

that's rough - liking something but having to give it up
i either never liked what i had to give up, or came to dislike it from the reactions
still in the mourning phase regarding tomatoes though
it'll pass, but that was my most recent loss

I've just cut down a lot on that stuff. I'll still have one piece of chocolate after a meal.
So like tonight I'll have one Hersey kiss.

It's lame but I manage it.
Pasta sauce is gonna suck..

I've just cut down a lot on that stuff. I'll still have one piece of chocolate after a meal.
So like tonight I'll have one Hersey kiss.

It's lame but I manage it.
Pasta sauce is gonna suck..
don't think i'll find anything to "sub" for tomatoes
but Roasted Red Pepper Sauce isn't a bad pasta topper
(lost alfredo and pesto before tomatoes)
it's an experiment - tomatoes may not be the only nightshade that's dicey these days pfft

don't think i'll find anything to "sub" for tomatoes
but Roasted Red Pepper Sauce isn't a bad pasta topper
(lost alfredo and pesto before tomatoes)
it's an experiment - tomatoes may not be the only nightshade that's dicey these days pfft
Roasted red pepper sauce. Interesting. I don't know how I feel about that

Roasted red pepper sauce. Interesting. I don't know how I feel about that
I think of it as a pasta sauce or pasta topper
but not a tomato sauce substitute or eat-alike

to me, it's not at all similar texture, taste, mouthfeel to tomato
(either are those beet/carrot "ketchup" recipes - horrid when trying to find a replacement for tomato IMHO)

This is the recipe I've used so far - it's quick and easy
it does call for dairy (milk/cream) - not sure if that's an issue for you
Roasted Red Pepper Pasta

I think of it as a pasta sauce or pasta topper
but not a tomato sauce substitute or eat-alike

to me, it's not at all similar texture, taste, mouthfeel to tomato
(either are those beet/carrot "ketchup" recipes - horrid when trying to find a replacement for tomato IMHO)

This is the recipe I've used so far - it's quick and easy
it does call for dairy (milk/cream) - not sure if that's an issue for you
Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
I don't think milk is? Worth a shot. Worst case I don't like it.
No no beets thank you. I hate myself as it is now.

I don't think milk is? Worth a shot. Worst case I don't like it.
No no beets thank you. I hate myself as it is now.
if the ingredient list agrees w/ you, worth a try. with the milk it's more of a creamy, pink type sauce (but clear roasted red pepper taste). roasting the pepper takes the longest - once they're cooled and peeled, it takes about 3 min w/ a good immersion blender

(((Hugs))) - please don't internalize this stuff. mostly out of your control. if you need to hate something, hate the situation but never yourself

if the ingredient list agrees w/ you, worth a try. with the milk it's more of a creamy, pink type sauce (but clear roasted red pepper taste). roasting the pepper takes the longest - once they're cooled and peeled, it takes about 3 min w/ a good immersion blender

Well we have blenders. Just not sure because i love pasta
(((Hugs))) - please don't internalize this stuff. mostly out of your control. if you need to hate something, hate the situation but never yourself
I was just joking about the beets. I just find them gross.
I totally hate the situation because nobody has answers yet.

Back