The Isolated Blurt Thread XVII : Squish Me Like You Mean It!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Real talk do y'all ever just eat the like half of plate of food your kid didn't eat instead of making a new plate? Like can we just lay it all out on the table? You ever hit that moment where you're like, "Am I really so lazy that I'd rather do this subjectively gross thing than wash another plate?"

Because I have. That's something I've done.

Real talk do y'all ever just eat the like half of plate of food your kid didn't eat instead of making a new plate? Like can we just lay it all out on the table? You ever hit that moment where you're like, "Am I really so lazy that I'd rather do this subjectively gross thing than wash another plate?"

Because I have. That's something I've done.

Like fry an egg in last nights pork chop pan/grease?

Hell yes.

Like fry an egg in last nights pork chop pan/grease?

Hell yes.

You ever pour all your old grease into a jar to use at a later date for months at a time, just new grease on top of old, not knowing that this was not a self-explanatory and common practice and then your gf finds this jar of old lard with like... bits of meat still in it and you have to look at what you've done objectively and try to justify it to someone?

You ever pour all your old grease into a jar to use at a later date for months at a time, just new grease on top of old, not knowing that this was not a self-explanatory and common practice and then your gf finds this jar of old lard with like... bits of meat still in it and you have to look at what you've done objectively and try to justify it to someone?

Doesn't everyone do that?

I take back all of the bon appetites, and to each their owns...

That recipe includes adding a can of cream of chicken soup. It is therefore entirely invalidated and I officially declare it a piece of shit con-job. If a recipe includes adding a can of ______ premade soup - stop and discard, they're not cooking, they're assembling, and doing it poorly.

Then there's the issue of why chicken? And why pressure cook chops that should be cooked to 145 F? They boiled the hell out of thin chops, in beef broth and chicken soup? What a fucking unmitigated disaster, which is why they're covered in sauce - to hide the shameful, overcooked mess.

For fuck's sake, all pork chops need is a fucking pan. Want a sauce? You don't reach for the cream of chicken soup.

Last edited:

If you keep the meat out of it, it won't go bad. Fat doesn't go rancid, meat does.

Keeping lard don't need no justifying, it calls for testifyin'.

Doesn't everyone do that?

Apparently not, and as I tried to justify this behavior, like as I explained it, she just got more and more horrified, and I started getting embarrassed, because I realized that that is kinda fucked up? Like to try to explain to someone?

She never cooks in grease because it's "unhealthy". Bitch didn't know what fried okra or corn nuggets were. And was fundamentally opposed to the idea of corn nuggets. She said it made her sick to watch me eat them.

To be fair she was pregnant at the time, but she stands by it.

Okra is crap, unfit to even be fed to the pigs.

Should be illegal even to mention it as food.

Apparently not, and as I tried to justify this behavior, like as I explained it, she just got more and more horrified, and I started getting embarrassed, because I realized that that is kinda fucked up? Like to try to explain to someone?

She never cooks in grease because it's "unhealthy". Bitch didn't know what fried okra or corn nuggets were. And was fundamentally opposed to the idea of corn nuggets. She said it made her sick to watch me eat them.

To be fair she was pregnant at the time, but she stands by it.

https://www.nourishingdays.com/2013/10/storing-lard-without-canning-or-freezing/

https://www.simplyhealthyfamily.org/best-ways-store-lard/

I gotchya - but it's wise to strain them out. Lard is lard. Lard with bits, ain't.

I mean it probably is wise but I don't know why the fuck we'd start pretending like I was wise now despite all evidence to the contrary. That's gonna entail more than just tipping the pan over the jar and we all know I'm not gonna do more than that.

When my middlest brother lived with us he would open the door and just chuck hot grease outside, and one time he couldn't use his hand for a month and a half because he did that into a snowstorm and the wind blew it back on him and we had to take him to the ER.

So... I mean intelligence is genetic to some degree. You can't expect much of me. Lower your expectations.

instant-pot-pork-chops5.jpg

They can come out good.

Reminding my stomach that it's hungry. 'Bout to hit up some chili. :D

Soup is good

Okra is crap.

Okra in soup is a crime against humanity.

Keeping goop? Like keeping lint. Or hair. Or old bits of dried glue.

I’m all for the instant pot, but wouldn’t put the pork chops in there. Brussels or spuds maybe...

Hope it came out great, anyway

Dinner was a smashing success!

The chops were tender, juicy, and full of flavor. Prep and cook time were nothing. The Pot did a fine job.

I take back all of the bon appetites, and to each their owns...

That recipe includes adding a can of cream of chicken soup. It is therefore entirely invalidated and I officially declare it a piece of shit con-job. If a recipe includes adding a can of ______ premade soup - stop and discard, they're not cooking, they're assembling, and doing it poorly.

Then there's the issue of why chicken? And why pressure cook chops that should be cooked to 145 F? They boiled the hell out of thin chops, in beef broth and chicken soup? What a fucking unmitigated disaster, which is why they're covered in sauce - to hide the shameful, overcooked mess.

For fuck's sake, all pork chops need is a fucking pan. Want a sauce? You don't reach for the cream of chicken soup.
:(
LOL!

There's a lotta issues there........without tasting the outcome.
:mad:
Yes, indeed.
:(

Tough crowd.

Make you own fucking chops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back