The Devil's Hole (Closed, but feel free to read)

Saria bit her lip and stared at the open beddings next to Pritti. Her small chest rose and fell as she released a deep breath and slid into the covers next to the other woman.

Saria liked knowing she could be up in an instant, a remnant of her days on the streets, and only pulled a few light sheets over her. Hugging a pillow under her head Saria lay on her side, her back to Pritti, and stared at one of the small torch flames thoughtfully.

After a moment, without turning to look at Pritti, she spoke. "I remember, on cold nights, I would curl up with the stray dogs for warmth." Her voice carried an oddly wistful note. "It's funny, during the day we'd fight over food, but at night those dogs kept me alive. Sometimes I almost..." Her voice trailed off, but her tone made her meaning clear; part of her missed those days.

Pritti felt the girls body against hers and pushed the blanket back over them both, turning a little as she did so. As she grew warmer she fell into a light fitful sleep, the scent of the girl affecting her on a subconscious level.

It was perhaps three hours or so later when she awoke, realising she had turned over in her sleep and that her arms were around the girl, her head nestled against her back, one arm across her belly, hand tangled in the girls clothing. She started and felt the girl awake beside her.

Saria emerged groggily into the waking world, eyes heavy with sleep. Her limbs felt like stone and the tent around them a dream, and for a moment she thought it was Helen's familiar arm laying across her stomach.

When Saria finally remembered where she was her body tensed, and she twisted the sheets between two delicate fingers with indecision. Part of her thought she should try to extricate herself, but the other woman was so warm and the night was so cold.

For long minutes Pritti tried to relax, feeling the young woman tense against her. Eventually as Saria relaxed she did she, settling back into the warmth of the bed and of Saria's body. Pritti tentatively hugged the girl closer and kissed her neck gently.

Saria did her best to lay still, to pretend at sleep. Yet as Pritti's arm tightened and drew her closer Saria could feel her heart racing. The silence of the room was smothering somehow, Saria felt the woman's breasts pressed against her back, the flames in the tent had died to glowing embers, and she felt Pritti's warm breath on her neck as goosebumps ran down her spine.

When she felt warm lips brush against her neck the breath seemed to stop in Saria's throat. Despite her efforts to lay still her skinny legs shifted nervously under the covers. The sensation sent little fingers of electricity running under her skin. It was hard to think clearly and before she could even think about it Saria had shifted her head slightly, hair sliding aside to expose the smooth skin on her neck.

Back