The Conjurer (Closed)

Sybil sighed seeing her large master knocking some things over and stood with a groan hearing the man say he had sent Ice to Mars " If he returns I'll make sure I kill him permanently next time" she said coldly pissed he was that poisonous to her and that she had to endure that pain.

"I'm glad we're safe, but we truly need to secure and protect this place.." She said thinking of magic sshe thought he could cast there if he was able and some things she and he master could build to reinforce it, she wasn't scared , but she did not likenthat close call.

Sybil glanced outside looking into the forest seeing the wooded area and the forest around them " Is that fresh water? Would it be ok if I drank something from there?" She wondered unsure of how things worked in this world, there were markets they couod buy food but it seemed none was close and shed have to resort to killing something for them to eatbwhich she wouldn't mind to take the edge off.

"Yes. You can drink from here. The cabin is designed to be self sustaining. However, with how wild the seasons are, we cannot rely on the water being available from the catcher. We can draw water from the lake. It's taken through all sorts of filters to ensure that it's safe to drink." For that I was speaking rather proudly. This cabin had been used many times to lay low for awhile.
"I won't stay that this place is perfectly safe, because I have been proven wrong many times before. I can say that this cabin is isolated. Not even the mail is sent here. Solar panels...we try to use those to stay off the grid. Like I said before, sometimes the seasons won't allow such things. Many times I was forced to use my magic to keep this cabin sustainable."

Sybil was happy the water was at least usable , they could stay here until the figured things out which was great. She could use her light and lightning magic to manipulate certain things and she grunted feeling the sharp pain.

"You need to rest you are still healing you stubborn girl, Lay down, your boy toy and I will get your things " her master grunted watching her but glad she was ok and chuckled liking messing with the two.

She glared a little at him " Well you weren't gentle at all!" She said annoyed but thankful he helped her " The wizard is an ally now" she said and looked away a little hiding her slight blush " We need food don't we? Who's a better tracker than me? I can sense and animal quick and make it for us " she said defiantly and glanced at her master who was annoyed with her defiance and then at Max before reaching her hand out and summoning her blades.

" You can come then master, let's make sure its secure in this area, we don't need more surprises, Are you joining max?"

Last edited:
'Boy toy?' I've been called a lot of things, but Boy Toy was not among them. Did he think that there was some sort of relationship between the two of us? I barely know who they are. In fact, their names are still kinda fuzzy. There was 'her' and 'the big guy'. Now that I think about it, I couldn't remember what universe they were pulled out of.

The nearest town was over ten miles away. That included the only grocery store/gas station. Nearest neighbor was five miles away over rough and wooded terrain. We could make all the noise we wanted in this place and no one would be able to hear it. So, that meant hunting was an option.

"Considering I haven't hunted since I was a child, I guess that I could use some exercise and some refreshing" I said standing up and taking the Book into hand. Such a treasure that it wouldn't leave my side, regardless. It was placed into a leather satchel and fixed to my hip. No fire arms are present at the cabin, either. Not to worry. I could easily summon one if I'm needed. Then again, looking over at her brandishing knives. Seems that she has all of that covered. "I'm ready. Let's go!" I smiled widely.

Sybil nodded grabbing her knives , they had plenty of tools to hunt but she hadnr had extra clothes to spare or get dirty so she knew she had to be quick and mess free.

She waited till Splatter and Max followed her listening quietly to any sounds she picked up and instructed them to follow , her master more slowly because of his heavy steps.

She put her arms up to make them pause sensing a small animal and threw her knife quick and effortlessly hearing it hit its target. She wasn't sure what iit was exactly but when she walked over she saw it was a rabbit.

She felt a little bad hitting something so small but a catch was a catch and she handed it to splatter so he could finish it off painlessly. " Ill try for something bigger next " she said to them both wishung she could get higher but knowing she couldn't climb that soon.

Last edited:
That was one of the reasons why I didn't like hunting so much. It was a vital skill but I just couldn't with those faces. Splatter held the critter in his large hands. Without any emotion on his face he broke its neck. KRRTTT! I was forced to look away. Damn.

"It will make a hearty stew!" boasted Splatter by holding up the bunny by its tail. Perhaps seeing the pale look in my face he dangled it a little closer to me. "What do you think, wizard?" letting off a high cackle when I pushed the critter away.

The trail that we were on was largely overgrown. Showing how long it had been since we have been out here. Still it was visible winding into the woods where the trees grew closer together. Their overhanging branches, with leaves in bloom, slowly started to block out the sky and the light. It cast long shadows on the broken ground. The air began to be strangled by all the plant life around us.

It was coming a little hard to breathe and I could feel my forehead start to bead sweat. "I must be out of shape. Whew!" a nervous chuckle left my lips.

Sybil chuckled softly at the mans reaction to the kill, it was clear he was unfamiliar with corpses and death when to her and her mentor it was almost an everyday thing, they were in the business of assassination of evil under private goverment operations even of they went off cue sometimes.

They continued deeper into the wood and spotted a bear who looked like it wanted to attack but one roar from splatter sent it running and caused two to laugh having fought animals before. She spotted a deer and motioned for them to quiet.

She knew she could hit it from where they stood but she wanted to get closer and get an extra kill if she could. "Cover me..." she said softly seeing her masters annoyance as she skillfully and silently climbed.

She hopped stealthily tree to tree until she was above the deer which was a decent size and she tossed a throwing star piercing its neck instantly so it died, the other was larger and she knew itd last them a moment but it wqs fast. She sucked her teeth at its swiftness and jumped down on it making sure to hit in in a place to immobilize it.

The deer yelped once and that was it as she quickly cut its throat. She knew she and splatter always thanked thevanimals for its sacrifie with a small prayer before meals and she lifted the smaller deer up.

Splatter walked over and shook his head "Dont push it, ill carry these , Wizard can you carry the hare?"

"Sure thing," I nervously replied. I grabbed the hare by the tail and held it before me. Then Splatter threw the carcass of the deer over his shoulder like it was nothing. The seeping blood from the fatal wound didn't bother him. To try and impress them the carcass of the hare was thrown over my shoulder while holding it by the tail.

This would be more than enough to get us through a few days. Inside my mind I was trying to suppress my disgust. Killing things and all that didn't settle too well for me. They probably knew it by now but I didn't want to make it obvious and have them lose their hope in me.

"Let's get back to the cabin," I said firmly. The weather wasn't bad. I just wanted to get back to some place comfortable and safe.

Watching her jump around so effortlessly reminds me of the games. The in game engine and physics make flying around effortless. To see her body move, compress, stretch, grunt and watch the environment shake and sway with her movements made things feel so real that I wanted to see again.

"Those were some nice moves" I said to her while walking in the lead and looking over my shoulder. "Some day I want to be able to do that. All I have is my magic."

"Can you not kill, sorcerer?" asked Splatter.

"I can. There is no rule saying that I CANNOT kill. It's just something that I try to avoid. It's not like those robot rules that forbid robots from attacking humans. In fact, inside the book are spells that can kill people. They're dedicated to it. Except I promised myself not to use them. Otherwise I may get trigger happy and turn into the Joker, if you know who he is!" I said looking over my shoulder as we walked down the trail through the trees.

Sybil chuckled inwardly not was obvious the Wicca had never killed before or at least intentionally, that was her a splatters life it made no difference to them. She nodded as he suggested heading back to the cabin and knew she only moved half as fast just now hunting that deer though the man was impressed with that, it must not be normal of this world.

She chuckled as he complimented her skill and said he wished he could do that and her mentor confirmed her thoughts asking if he hasn't killed. And he did he could but tried to avoid it. She agreed with that, Spaltter and Sybil were Anti heros killing was only done when needed she heard the man state if he started he could use it often and turn into the joker asking if they knew whom he was.

" We have no idea, but we understand, similar had happened to a few who had power awaken back at our home like Ice, the energy and and advantage get to their heads and we handle rhem in our own ways." Sybil said as they walked.

"I can train you.." She said and splatter huffed at that

"We must teach him some sort of defense master, we can't have situations like earlier, a little combat is not bad to know"

That's right. They are from another world. They did not know anything outside their world. Even this world is alien to them.

"If you think you can train me, that would be great," eying Sybil for a moment. I could feel the big guy, Splatter glaring at me even though he was behind me.

"I can easily put us into a training gym, or something like that," I said. This cabin was too small and we would utterly wreck the place.

Having said that, ideas floated through my mind, what if I showed them the true power of my magic? The new gym, sure, and the cabin travel, but what if I could take them some place completely different. What if I took them to Gotham and let them meet The Joker? Maybe then Splatter can do his name and crush the Clown's head.

A chuckle escapes my lips. That wasn't suppose to happen. I put my fingers to my lips to stifle this.

Sybil watched Max chuckled to himself and were curious on what his thoughts were but sighed and said " Training will be no problem that is if you can handle it what we do is intense...We'll need space, thecabin is limited, a gym or abandoned factory could work... somewhere secluded.." She said and then heard Splatter scoff slightly knowing he wasn't healed 100%.

" I should be fully recovered tomorrow we can start then, for now...let's enjoy our hunt and you cn tell us what you wish to learn although I'm sure you'll be fully my responsibility and I'll be training you , master will be keeping an eye out though" she said and chuckled softly knowing splatter was protective of her.

They got to the cabin and luckily a small stove inside , outside her master began to but her the animals and meat for them so she could prepare it. She knew it wasn't a pleasant thing to watch so she tried to keep the sorcerer occupied and asked more questions about how things worked and wondered if they could ever get back home.

"I think I can do that" chirping at the request. Already an idea flashed in my mind about where we could go. Plenty of abandoned sites around the globe. One in particular I knew well, the abandoned brewery in Kansas. It use to belong to the Midwest Beer Company that folded back around 2004. The place has been empty all that time except for the occcassional ghost hunt or teen party. It was isolated. Perfect for us to roll around in for a few hours of sparring.

"I'm new when it comes to fighting" I said. "For most of my life I've relied on my magic to keep me out of trouble" with a nervous chuckle. Faintly the sound of tearing flesh could be heard by my ears. There was something unearthly about the snapping of cartiledge and bone that sent a cold chill up my spine.

"There's chopped wood over there along with some kindling" pointing at a half cord of seasoned wood against the back wall for the stove. No gas lines out here. Had to make due with what nature provided. "I can get a fire going" then thinking to myself, why? When you can just use magic to start a fire? That's when I got to thinking, maybe I could show them that I could do more than just summon magic.

Sybil chuckled at hearing he had no fighting skills, she hadn't had much herself before she hit puberty and met splatter then she became one of her world's most deadly assassins.

"I won't be too hard since you're new but don't expect me to be easy wizard, magic and powers can be unreliable at times so fighting is necessary to learn" she said and could tell he could hear splatter dismembering the animals.

She nodded as he mentioned getting a fire going " I saw grains growing we could eat with this out in the wood, I bet I coukd find garnish too, would you like to come with me and we can start the fire when we're back, master will take a few more minutes to fully prepare and clean out kill" she said and stood.

Splatter seemed more interested in his work than about us. There was thus grin in his big face that was somewhat eager or wicked.

"Sure" I quickly replied, wanting to get some distance between him and me. If he ran out of animal I could be on the menu.

The woods had a lot to offer us. The winds and rain kept it lush and green. In the spaces between trees are deer paths. In hollowed out logs held critters.

Picking garnishes was something I had done before, but with Sybil here in would followbher lead, as she knew what she was doing. It also got me to thinking, learning self defense was crucial. She called Magic unreliable. In truth it was unstable as it was also infused with emotions. It could turn a simple pleasing potion into nitroglycerin!

Sybil chuckled seeing the wizard was hesitant of her master and he followed behind her quietly probably rrgistering what she had said before they exited the cabin. She looked carefully pointing to him what what both to eat and what he could.

She spotted some wild garlic, scallion and chicken of the wood mushroom growing and was delighted at the find and then searched for grains spotting dandelion,curly dock and wild rye getting more than enough for her master's appetite.

"This should be enough " she said pulling the cloth he had on one's waist and placing the arm full of ingredients she gathered and placing it inside " Well clean and wash these, I can roast them nd mill it to flour" she said handing him a fresh cloth " We should gather things for medicine too this wood is well supplied"she said knowing to always have backup she could even turn some of those things she spotted into poise if she wish, she was an assassin after all.

Medicine. That was something I was familiar with. My first forms of magic were forms of healing that I sold in college. Nothing wicked. Just stuff to help students study and retain their readings. I wasn't doing that stuff for parties. To ensure that it was so, I was careful with my clients.

Given the fresh cloth I was quick to fan out a ways and start picking. The yellow seeds and white pedals of Chamomile are thick in this area. Excellent! Some of that turned into a powder and infused with tea will making for good healing. If only there was tea tree oil out here.

Finding a good nest of Chamomile and dropping to one knee I took out a small knife and started cutting the stems. Stuffing the flowers into my bag a smile grew in my face. My eyes are focused on my work so I don't lose a finger, but I made sure to keep Sybil within sight at all times.

"Find anything good?" I ask her.

Sybil watched him getting medicinal herbs and was glad the wizard knew what he was doing in terms of that because sometimes magical healing failed based on stregth of its user.

She nodded as he asked if she found anything good " Quite bit, edible things we could preserve at least, I know master couod make good beer with that wild rye I spotted" she said " We'd better get back Im sure the fire has grown enough now" she said and picked the bag up

"Sounds good to me" taking the last of the herbs and stuffing them into a small bag and tucking it away. In the long walk back to the cabin I made it a point walking side by side with her. Didn't want to be behind otherwise I would be oogling her figure and not in front. That way I wouldn't lose track of her. As much as this place is peaceful, there are always threats. I didn't want that sense of fear to be shown on my face. I tried to suppress those urges as much as suppressed my urges on Sybil.

The thought of beer from these herb sounded like a tantilizing idea. Normally I wasn't one to drink. After today alcohol sounded like a good idea. A beer was not going to knock me on my ass.

"Tell me, what do you and the big guy do when you're not splitting heads?" I asked rather cheekily. Gradually the day's events are catching up. The adrenalin rush was gone and my body was getting the shakes from no longer being stimulated. Hands trembled so much that I my right hand held onto my left to hide the shakes.

Back