The Empty Nest(closed)

cnuveau

Erotic mind.
Bill sat fuming on the sofa. They'd had this argument countless times over the years and he knew how it ended. He knew the ending so well that he'd given up even trying years ago. Yet here he was again pleading with her for an answer as to why intimacy with him fell below even the her most loathed priorities.

For years he'd convinced himself that their family was enough and that he didn't need intimacy from her. That this was just the way it was. The fire that burned so brightly when they got married slowly dwindled then just died and that's just how it goes. Then suddenly the kids are off at school and it's just the two of them. The dreams of their golden years filled with travel to exotic destinations replaced by the deafening silence of their disconnected existence.

He'd started this conversation hoping for some breakthrough with her. Both in their early 40s and still reasonably attractive they had a long life still ahead of them. He'd hoped to shape it in a way that could make them both happy. Not a demand for sex but a plea for some level of intimacy and a reawakening of the love they had for each other. Instead he found her silent on the sofa across from him with her arms folded and staring into her lap. The same impenetrable defense he'd seen countless times before.

Last edited:
Cara didn’t know what to say. How could she find words when she didn’t even know how they got to this point. She loved Bill. She really did. Yet, here they were, the kids all grown and moved out of the house. She could feel them pulling apart for years now. When had they become she and him instead of us and we? The tip of her tongue slipped from between her lips to wet them. Where did she start? Where did she find the words? Her fingers came up to each side of her head, gently rubbing her temple before she looked at him.

“Bill, I—I just….”

Her voice dropped off into a whisper. Damn it, Cara find the words. She silently admonished herself. Lifting her head, her eyes sought his with silent pleading even though she knew she needed to make this next step if she wanted to save her marriage. She got up from the sofa and moved around until she could kneel in front of him, her hands on his knees.

“Bill, I love you. I always have but somewhere along the way of our life together, we’ve been pulling apart. I understand we’ve had jobs and responsibilities. Our children are grown and it’s just you and I now and frankly, I’m scared. It’s more than just time getting away from us. It’s us. I….”

How did she tell him about how she felt during the times when they did have sex? Not that they had it much anymore. She took a deep breath and slowly let it out. Her green eyes searching his own. Truth, Cara. Truth. It’s the only way. She was trying to bolster up her courage here. Again she wet her lips lightly.

“When we have sex, I don’t feel connected to you. I don’t understand why. I don’t know how that evolved but I feel like I’m just there. I’m going through the motions but I don’t feel you. Not really.”

Her voice broke at that moment and tears formed in her eyes. She could feel them slip down her cheeks. Maybe talking about their sex life wasn't the place to start or was it? Bill wasn't a selfish lover but lately he was simply rolling over to his side of the bed when he was done and she was partly to blame for faking it. When had that started? Her faking her orgasm?

“I want to feel you again. I want to feel like the US we once were but how do we get there?”

Cara didn’t think she was unattractive for her age. She worked at staying fit. Granted, she always wore her thick, long red hair either in a ponytail or in a bun on her head, but that was just to keep it out of her way as she went about her day. She didn’t dress in sweatpants, always opting for slacks or leggings. She would admit to wearing t-shirts though but not all the time. She made sure her nails were always done. They were her pride and joy. Her skin was still smooth. Though a small wrinkle showed up here or there and in those strands of red on her head, there was a silver one or two to be found. Yet, time was treating her kindly. She couldn’t complain. Her boobs weren’t sagging yet. The girls kept teasing her and telling her it was only a matter of time. Just wait and see.

She really had no idea how to fix her relationship with Bill. She could hardly talk to her best friend about it. She had tried once and found she couldn’t do it. It was just so personal. Maybe she could find some answers doing some research. There had to be others who had the same problem. Maybe Bill had some ideas too.

Last edited:
Bill listened to her struggle to articulate how she felt about things. It was the first time she’d actually tried so even if she wasn’t able to provide a concrete answer it felt like progress.

Over the years Bill had been a voracious reader of relationship and intimacy books. It was eye opening to learn about the intricacies involved in it all. How intimacy feeds connection and connection feeds intimacy. All the things that chip away at connectedness until eventually it breaks the cycle and the wheel stops turning.

He’d almost hoped it would be something as easy as he don’t last long enough. There were at least pills that could help with that. This was going to be tougher. He searched his mind trying to come up with something that could help. Some nugget of something he’d read that could point them in the right direction. He wasn’t quite sure what he was going to say but decided to just start talking and hope something useful came out.

“I think I understand.” He started out, grasping her hands on his knees. “We’ve been on auto-pilot for so long we’ve just stopped putting in the effort. Maybe what we need is a shock to the system. Some shared experience that we can connect over that isn’t the kids or our jobs.”

It certainly wasn’t a plan of action but an idea. Maybe some piece of connection to provide a hand hold that they could build from. Bill gripped her hand tighter as a tear streamed down from the corner of her eye.

“As long as you” he stopped himself before made it sound like he felt it was her to blame. “we are willing to try I’m sure we can find our way.”

“We’ve been on auto-pilot for so long we’ve just stopped putting in the effort. Maybe what we need is a shock to the system. Some shared experience that we can connect over that isn’t the kids or our jobs.”

There was part of their answer. How did she manage to tell him that the sex, when they did have sex, wasn’t satisfying her without tearing apart his masculinity? It wasn’t anything he did, per se, it was more along the lines of what he didn’t do where she was concerned. Maybe she’d do a little research online first.

She managed to give him a smile.

“I think we’re both willing. So, how about if we set up a double date with our friends, Marsha and Steve? You know, go out to dinner, have a few drinks, maybe a little dancing?”

Cara figured that going out with friends first might be a great way to get things flowing again. Come to think of it, she couldn’t remember the last time they had gone out on a date. By the time both of them got home from work there was just so much other stuff to do when the kids were younger. Fundraisers to do. Sports. Class projects. The list had been endless. She was fast becoming aware that they had been defined by their children.

“Bill,” she started out, “why don’t you build a fire and find some music to put on. I’ll go make us a couple of drinks. You don’t have anything else to do tonight, do you?”

Cara turned her hands over and lightly squeezed his as she gently eased her way to her feet. She felt like an idiot crying like that. At least, he had heard her out. She moved to their mini bar and began making a couple of drinks for them. She acknowledged to herself that he had tried to have an open conversation with her about their relationship before. Cara had been shocked, but he had made her stop and think about it. At first, all she had ever thought about was that she wasn’t finding any pleasure in having sex with him but when he sat her down and tried to have a conversation with him about their relationship, she froze up. The words were in her head, she just couldn’t get them out.

Cara had never been the “belle of the ball” at parties. She never lit up a room when she walked in. She had always been far too shy and that’s why she never understood, even to this day, why Bill had chosen her. She had her friends and around them she could be open and be herself. Anyone else made her feel self-conscious. But, oh, that red hair of hers. It had gotten her into trouble before. She had one hell of a temper when it was aroused.

Bill and she had married young and of course, children came soon after and their world had changed forever. She didn’t regret a moment of it. Well, maybe in the sense that, that world is what had gotten them to this point now. Now, they needed to find their way back to each other.

Cara picked up the drinks and glanced over at Bill. There was no one else in this world for her and she would do anything to save their relationship.

“I think we’re both willing. So, how about if we set up a double date with our friends, Marsha and Steve? You know, go out to dinner, have a few drinks, maybe a little dancing?”

Bill thought for a quick moment. They'd always seemed to have a good time with Marsha and Steve and, at least from the outside looking in, they seemed to have the type of relationship he'd always hoped for. Going out with them would certainly take some of the pressure off of things.

"Yeah, that sounds great. We haven't been out with them in ages so that sounds like fun." he said

There wasn't anything else he would have rather done then start a fire and put on some music to just sit and try to connect with her again. He quickly got up off the sofa and arranged some logs in the fireplace before turning on the gas ignitor and setting them ablaze. Even something as simple as holding one another by a fire seemed out of reach the day before and he hoped just maybe it was the start of something.

With the fire started Bill pulled some pillows off the sofa then stacked them on the floor in front of the fireplace and leaned against them. When Cara returned with the drinks, he took his from her hand then guided her down between his legs and wrapped an arm around her waist as she leaned back into him.

He could feel the heat of the fire warming his feet and his heart raced just from holding her like this for the first time in so long. Things had been going so well up to this point he was nervous about bringing up the other thing that had been on his mind. He honestly thought the conversation would go this way from the start but it hadn't. He listened to the crackling of the logs for a second before working up the nerve to say what he wanted to tell her.

"You know, I've done a lot of research trying to find answers myself." he started out still fumbling a little for the right words. "It's not uncommon if part of the problem was that I just wasn't doing things the way you'd like. I've seen a lot of stories about that being the case." It seemed so odd being this up front about it but still feeling like he couldn't just come out and say it. "You won't hurt my feelings or crush my ego if you need something different from me. I just..... I just want you to know you can tell me anything."

He felt like his ego could certainly handle a hard truth from her. A part of him was almost pleading for her to have something. It was something concrete that he could do and possibly would help to spice things up between them. He certainly had ideas of his own but it always seemed like an odd transition from perfunctory sex to just out of the blue doing something new that she may or may not respond positively to.

When she returned, drinks in hand, she briefly stopped and stared. Then swallowed. Her heart started racing. Taking a deep breath and letting it out slowly, she convinced her feet to move forward and she coaxed a smile to her lips, holding out his drink. She gave a small squeak as he guided her down to sit between his legs and at first, she felt stiff sitting there before she started to relax and lean back against him. She still felt tense though. She kept waiting for one of the kids to come racing in with questions on their lips before she realized, nope, it was just them. She nestled her back against him and relaxed, taking a sip of her drink. This felt good. So good.

In front of them, the fire crackled and popped. Leaning a bit to one side, as she listened to Bill talk, her fingers found the remote for the lights and she turned them off so that the only light they had was the glow from the fire.

“….. I just..... I just want you to know you can tell me anything."

She tipped her head back against his shoulder, looking up at him.

“I know… “ she started in a hushed tone, “it’s just not easy for me to talk about these kinds of things. It just feels like, it’s not about doing things the way I’d like but finding things that we both would like, you know?”

She took another sip of liquid courage and thought on it more.

“There’s this club I heard about, well, actually, read about here in town. It’s not someplace that most people go to. I’ve---I’ve been a little curious about it though. It’s called ‘Impulse’. I hear it leans toward the BDSM lifestyle but it’s not all about that. There’s suppose to be something for anyone who’s curious.”

Her voice had taken on a nervous and unsure tone toward the end. She wasn’t sure what Bill was going to think or say. Certainly, the place had intrigued her from the moment she had come across it in some article she had been reading. She wasn’t sure what exactly drew her to the place, but the temptation to check it out kept nagging at her. The only thing stopping her was that she wanted to go with Bill and how the hell did she bring up that she wanted to visit a BDSM club for crying out loud? Even now her heart was racing and she was nibbling on her lower lip, waiting for him to say something. Was he going to think she was crazy? Their relationship had never taken a turn, by any means, in that direction before. Hell, she wasn’t even sure what she was looking for or needed.

Bill started blankly at the fire wondering if he'd just heard her correctly. "A BDSM club?" he thought to himself as he conjured images of leather and vinyl, gag balls and whips. She couldn't possibly want that could she? His mind then wandered to several years back when the book 50 Shades of Grey seemed to be all anyone ever talked about. It had definitely gotten more mainstream and had captured a lot of people's imaginations.

When he started to speak he kept a measured tone making sure not to make her think he was judging her.

"I never would have guessed in a million years that you'd be interested in checking a place like that out." he paused taking a sip of his drink then brushed his hand down her arm making sure she knew she hadn't lost him. "You have to imagine a place like that is kind of used to people coming in and not necessarily wanting to get thrown into the deep end huh?"

His worst fear was to walk into a place like that and get swept into something that neither of them were prepared for. From what she said it was clear that this didn't come out of the blue though and she had to have imagined at least some aspects of what went on in there and felt intrigued by them. His curiosity was getting the best of him so he decided to ask.

"So when you thought about it, what image popped into your mind that seemed interesting?"

He knew there was a good chance that she'd be evasive in how she answered. He was putting her on the spot an it was understandable that she wouldn't want to put herself out there too far. Before she could answer he decided to share his own initial image in hopes that it made things easier.

"My first thought is of whips and leather and I have to admit it's a little intimidating. I know that can't be all there is to it though."

"My first thought is of whips and leather and I have to admit it's a little intimidating. I know that can't be all there is to it though."

Her mind immediately went where his did and she gave a small laugh, squeezing his thigh with her free hand.

“Oh my god, Bill. No. I’m sure it isn’t. From what I’ve been reading a BDSM relationship is far more complicated than just whips, leather and handcuffs. There’s so many aspects of it, I get lost in just reading about it, “she giggled, “I don’t expect you to go out and buy bondage gear or heaven forbid, a St. Andrew’s Cross and I don’t want to turn one of the kids’ room into a sex dungeon either, “ she frowned, looking down into her glass, “I’m not sure what exactly I’m looking for or wanting, just that… for some odd reason, Impulse fascinates me. I just want to go check it out. Can’t hurt, can it?”

Inside, she was quaking like a scared little rabbit. What must he be thinking of her?

“You know…. On second thought, forget it. It was a stupid idea. Just forget I mentioned anything about it. So, you tell me, what have you been thinking about our sex life? There’s more than just me and my needs. Any ideas come to mind how to fix us?”

She was smiling a little as she snuggled back against his shoulder and watched the flames of the fire dance in the fireplace. Tonight, they had gotten more done than in all the years of their marriage. All they may have done was talk, but that was a good first step. Cara knew that they couldn’t fix what was wrong with their relationship in one night. There was going to be the need to be patient, understanding and openness between them. She had somehow found her voice, finally and hopefully Bill could too.

“You know, it’s a two-way street, Bill. You can tell me anything. If you need something more or different from me, please, by all means tell me.”

"Absolutely not!" Bill blurted out when he heard Cara trying to walk back what she said she wanted. "It's not stupid at all. I'm willing to try anything and the worst thing that can happen is we walk in there and don't like what we see. We're absolutely doing it." he said with renewed resolve in his voice.

Her question about what he wanted was harder for him. For so long he'd been willing to settle for anything so to have to think about something more was a change of gears he wasn't prepared for. He knew he couldn't leave her the only one who was sharing though.

"This may sound either odd or like a cop out but what gets me excited is seeing you excited." He could almost feel her eyes roll when he said it so he continued. "Back when we were first together there was a spontaneity to our love making. When we felt it, we did it. I remember times when you were on fire and I could see it in your eyes and nothing was hotter to me."

He could tell that what he was trying to say still wasn't coming across and he really wasn't revealing anything useful for her so he gulped down the lump in his throat and tried a different example.

"The hottest image that comes to mind when I'm.... ummmm..... taking care of things... is you so horny that you're touching yourself in anticipation of us being together. There's this unapologetic desire in you that just does it for me."

He paused realizing he was boring even himself.

"I guess I never really put much thought into much outside of the normal stuff but maybe as I'm exposed to other things I'll discover something about myself that I never realized."

It seemed really strange all the sudden when he realized he was about to embark on a voyage of self discovery when he was in his 40s and it made him realize how little effort he'd put into trying to keep things fresh with them.

She knew that he knew, he really wasn’t helping at all. That he wasn’t truly digging down deep inside of himself to give her answer. But then, it dawned on her. This wasn’t easy for him either. At least they were stumbling around together. Cara thought back to when they were young, still unmarried and both of them seemed to be continuously horny. She particularly remembered a night Bill got her so worked up. He had broken away to go get a bottle of wine for them. At that moment her soul cried. She wanted him so desperately. After he left, she knelt there on their bed. She was on fire. Her fingertips grazed across her pointed, hardened nipples, making her back arch and her head throw back with a low guttural moan. Her hands slowly feathered across her sensitive skin, raising goosebumps as they went. Trailing down across her flat stomach to her throbbing pussy. She closed her eyes and imagined Bill’s mouth doing those things to her. God, how she wanted him right then and there. Her fingers played along her swollen lips, wanting her, no, begging her to slip inside. She needed something to fill her. She fell back onto the bed, her legs splaying outward as her fingers found her wet interior and sank in. First one, then two began to pump inside her pussy.

“Bill… oh god, Bill… fuck me.. pleaaassee,” came her low plea.

Her fingers were making a squishing noise as they fucked her. She was that damn wet. She wasn’t sure when she became aware of Bill’s reappearance. Her eyes opened and she looked across the room and there he stood, wine and glasses in hand, just staring at her, the fire of need and desire flaring in his eyes.

“Bill….” She pleaded, “ put the damn wine down and come fuck me. I need you. So badly.”

Her fingers sank deep into her body, rubbing her g-spot on their retreat. Her eyes had locked onto his. She could only imagine what he saw in hers. He had teased her to the point of no return and left her, no matter how small those minutes had been.

She could feel her pussy tighten even now in this moment of remembrance. So, she got it. She knew what he was trying to convey.

“Can we really get those kinds of moments back, do you think?”

She hadn’t realized she had spoken aloud in a husky whisper.

Bill was expecting she'd be disappointed by his answer. He wasn't trying to be evasive and he wanted more than anything to reveal a part of himself to her in that moment. There just wasn't much that he could come up with. His desire and excitement always seemed to flow from Cara's so the simple, unsatisfying answer was that he wanted whatever she wanted.

It sounded so co-dependent when he thought about it in those terms and he wondered if that was part of the problem? Certainly in other parts of the relationship that would be a huge red flag but when it came to intimacy shouldn't alignment be the goal? It all started to seem so complicated as the silence between them lingered for another few seconds.

“Can we really get those kinds of moments back, do you think?” Cara said finally breaking the silence.

He felt the weight lift from his chest when she spoke. He knew that throaty tone and it was clear that at least something he said was making sense to her. Setting his drink down by his side he wrapped both arms around her waist and pulled her tight to him as he pressed his lips against the back of her neck for a moment.

"I don't know but what if we could?" he replied quietly.

The simplicity of the words belied the importance of what seemed to have just happened. It was a shared vision and an agreement to try to get there. The silence between them as the flames of the fire danced in front of them seemed to take on new meaning. It didn't seem like either of them were awkwardly searching for words. At least for Bill he was thinking about the possibilities that seemed to have been unlocked.

For the following two weeks, Bill’s words lingered in her mind. They had echoed her own and the possibilities were endless. In that time, she phoned Marsha and set up a Friday night to get together for some dinner, drinks and dancing. Marsha said they would love to. In the meantime, things seemed a little easier with Bill, far from what they were looking for, but it was a start. They hadn’t tried to have sex yet and she wasn’t sure if both of them were a little scared to. At least, they had opened a bit with each other and she could feel the tension ease up a bit.

Now, here she was, sitting at her vanity, brushing her hair and sweeping it up to sit at the back of her head. Small wisps hung down at the back of her head to lightly tease her neck. Two more hung on either side of her head, in front of her ears. Now where had she put those emerald earrings Bill had bought her for their last wedding anniversary? Ah, yes! Now she remembered. Cara got up from her vanity and padded across the room in stocking feet. They were in her jewelry box… somewhere. Finding them, she went back to her vanity and sat down, inserting them into her ears. Why were there butterflies in her stomach all of a sudden? She was just going out to enjoy an evening with her husband and their close friends. Nothing to cause butterflies or so she thought.

Cara had also done more research on Impulse and in an impetuous moment, had asked Marsha if she had ever heard of the place. There had been a long pause on the other end of the phone before Marsha asked her why she was asking. Then it was Cara’s turn to pause before she explained to her friend that she and Bill were just looking into different things to check out. Marsha, she could tell was a bit wary of talking but finally broke down and made Cara swear not to tell anyone, she and Steve went there about once a month just to fine-tune their relationship. So, Cara took a major leap and asked if Marsha and Steve would vouch for them some night. Marsha told her that she would talk it over with Steve and let her know. Cara didn’t mention that conversation to Bill because she wasn’t sure yet what Marsha and Steve were going to say. Maybe she’d find out tonight.

As the next two weeks went by he started to become nervous. He felt like the more time that had gone by the less likely they were to follow up on their conversation that night. He wasn’t going to press it though. That was how he got himself in this position in the first place.

There had been a marked improvement in their intimacy though, even without resulting in sex. The fact that they hadn’t didn’t bother him a bit. They needed a rebuild from the ground up and he was happy to put in the work on the foundation.

When she told him they were going out with Marsh and Steve it was a relief. It was sign that they were still following through with what they talked about and he has hopeful a nice night out and some laughs would help keep the momentum they established going.

He walked into the bedroom and was instantly transported back several years when the scent of her skin lotion and perfume greeted his nose and he saw her at her vanity. Sure, she’d taking the time for school functions and other things but this time felt different. She was going through the effort for him, or at least that’s what he believed, and that made it feel so much different.

“Think I’m just going with some charcoal slacked and a dress shirt. You think that’s ok?” He asked noting she’d fished out her emerald earrings that might indicate something nicer might be needed.

“Think I’m just going with some charcoal slacked and a dress shirt. You think that’s ok?”

Her startled eyes met his in the mirror of her vanity. She hadn’t heard him come in. Her breath caught in her throat as her eyes took him in. She swallowed hard and cleared her throat.

“That’ll be fine, Bill.”

After he left to get his clothes and change, she got up and went over to the bed where her dress was laid out and slipped it on. As she smoothed it over her hips, she felt a little weird, realizing just how long it had been since she had even remotely dressed up for anything. Oh, when they had functions for the kids, she always took care to look presentable, but this time, she was dressing up for Bill. She stepped in the direction Bill went and stopped in the doorway.

“Bill, would you mind zipping me up, please? I can’t reach the zipper.”

She turned her back to him and waited.

“Mmmmm, look at you! That dress is amazing.” He said as he stepped behind her and took the zipper in his hand.

He’d zipped her up hundreds of times before and he always felt like that was all she wanted him to do. That may well have been the case tonight too but he wanted to set a tone for the evening.

Bill slowly gathered her hair and draped it over her shoulder leaving her neck exposed to him. Leaning in he pressed his lips to her neck as he pulled the zipper up. When he got it to the top his hands slipped around her waist feeling the texture of the delicate fabric beneath his fingers as he pulled her tight to his chest.

“It feels amazing too.” He whispered into her ear as one hand drifted lower on her stomach as the other moved higher.

He could hear a long breath from her but he didn’t know if it was out of frustration with him or not so after a brief moment he released her and took a step back.

His fingers gathered the tendrils of hair that cascaded down over her neck and placed them over her shoulder. Cara found herself holding her breath. Then… his lips were on the back of her neck, making her shiver. Why did it feel so different this time? He had pulled up her zippers before, but back then it had felt…. perfunctory. But tonight? Before another thought or silent question could fill her mind, his arms slipped around her from behind, pulling her tightly back against him.

“It feels amazing too.”

His whisper filled her ear. Did he mean the dress or her? She felt her stomach muscles contract under his hand as it moved there. She was more than aware of his other hand moving higher and felt her breasts tighten in anticipation. She forgot to breathe! Sucking in a long, deep breath, she trembled as she let it out slowly. Then he stepped back, taking his arms with him.

No, don’t go. She wanted to whisper back and couldn’t. Standing there. Suddenly feeling alone but knowing she wasn’t, she felt… bereft. She gave her head a little shake, turned and faced him, giving him a small smile.

“Thank you. You look very handsome, Bill. Are you ready to go?”

What more could she say? Marsha and Steve were waiting for them at the restaurant. Her nipples were tight against the top of her dress and she pressed her upper thighs tighter together for the moment. She wanted nothing more than to forget about Marsha and Steve. Instead she wanted to tear up the sheets with her husband. Good Grief, did Bill have any idea what he was doing to her?

“Why thank you! Yeah, let’s get going.”

The feeling of her in his arms filled his head as they walked out the door and got in the car. It was just a brief moment but felt so good in the moment and he hoped that she felt it too.

“Are you sure about this? I’m not sure how I feel about those two worlds colliding.” Steve said as they pulled up in front of the restaurant.

They’d talked about it and agreed but the closer it came the more uncomfortable he got. The risk just seemed so great. If they walk in there and decide it’s not for them would they turn around and tell other people?

“Yes, I’ve talked to Cara about it and it’s going to be fine. Don’t worry.” She replied placing a reassuring hand in his thigh.

“What about Bill though? He doesn’t exactly strike me as the adventurous type.” He added still uneasy about the whole thing.

“Look, I trust Cara and if she says it’s ok, it’s ok.” Marsha added before leaning in to kiss him. “Just relax.”

Steve took a deep breath then silently nodded. “You’re right. It’ll be fine.”

When they entered the restaurant the hostess showed them to their table and they ordered some drinks while they waited for Bill and Cara.

Cara and Bill walked in a few minutes later. The atmosphere of the restaurant was “posh” to say the least. Dim lights. The soft, muted tinkle of silverware and glasses. It was glorious. Looking around, Cara spied their friends just at the same moment that Marsha spotted them. Cara lifted a hand. She turned to look over her shoulder to see Bill speaking with the Maitre d’. Following the Maitre d’, who led them right to Marsha and Steve.

“Marsha,” Cara exclaimed, “it’s good to see you and Steve.”

She gave each of them a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

“It’s been a long time or so it feels like. How are you both?”

Cara sat down in the chair Bill pulled out for her. After sitting down, smiled up at him in thanks before Marsha caught her attention again. The ladies sat next to each other by design so they could chit chat, leaving Steve and Bill to mainly talk together. A round of drinks were ordered. During dinner there was a small lull in the conversation between the four. Cara leaned over to whisper to Marsha.

“So, is it okay with Steve?”

“Yeah. He was kind of cautious at first, but I reassured him it was okay. I trust you, Cara.”

“Thanks, Marsha. I appreciate that and I’m sure Bill does too.”

Their conversation was broken up by another round of drinks arriving. Good grief. If this kept up, Bill was going to have to carry her to the car tonight.

Bill gave Steve a firm handshake and took his seat next to him just as the waitress came and took their drink order. The conversation was light as they caught up with each other and talked about what the kids were up to.

Bill was scanning the menu when Steve leaned in close to him.

“So you ready for this? I’m excited.” He said with a wry grin.

Bill nodded as he continued to scan the menu. “Yeah, kinda had it all before though. I was hoping for something new.”

Steve glanced over at Marsha with a confused look but she was deep in conversation with Cara and didn’t notice. He could have swore this was going to be a new experience for them and wasn’t sure where the disconnect was.

“Oh, I’m sure you’ll find something new. Trust me.” He said reassuringly. “Marsha and I never seem to end up doing the same thing twice.”

Bill looked up from his menu. “Oh, so you come here a lot? What do you recommend then?”

Steve became even more confused. “Wait, what? No we haven’t been here before. I was talking about after.”

“After? What’s after?” Bill questioned unsure what he was talking about.

It was that moment Steve realized that Bill didn’t know about the plans after dinner and he tried to back peddle as fast as he could not wanting to be the one to tell him.

“Oh, I was talking about the new trendy wine bar we were planning to go to after. They have an amazing selection of wines you’ve never even heard of before.”

He knew it was a lame cover but it was all he could come up with in the moment.

Last edited:
Cara just happened to glance over at the guys and noticed Steve had this weird look on his face.

“Marsha,” she whispered to her friend, “Why does Steve have that weird look on his face? Does he know that Bill doesn’t know where we’re going later tonight? I haven’t found the time to let him know.”

Marsha glanced in their direction too. She squeezed Cara’s hand, whispering back.

“Don’t worry. Steve will think of something if he accidently puts his foot in his mouth. Wouldn’t be the first time he’s had something in his mouth,” she muttered almost to herself.

“Marsha!”

Cara’s eyes went wide for a moment before she started to giggle, which caused Marsha to start to giggle as well. That caused both men to look in their direction.

“What are you girls giggling about?” Steve asked playfully.

Cara lifted her drink to her lips and caught Bill’s eyes over the rim of her glass. Her own were twinkling merrily as she winked at him then quickly looked away before she lost it.

:rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose::rose:

Dinner came and went. The food was excellent as was the company. However, after a few more drinks, it was time to go. The ladies walked behind the guys. Marsha had her arm thrown across Cara’s shoulder as they walked.

“Um, Bill? Can I talk to you for a second, please? Marsha, Steve, we’ll meet you there.”

Cara felt Marsha’s kiss on her cheek.

“Right-O, chickadee. Don’t be too long or we’ll get started without you.”

Cara chuckled, thinking Marsha may have had just a little too much to drink already. She turned to Bill.

“About tonight….”

:rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose:

They pulled up in front of the club and the valet opened Cara’s door for her, helping her out of the car. She smiled.

“Thank you.”

Bill came around to her side, tucking her hand inside his arm.

“You sure about this, Bill?”

The outside of the club looked so ordinary. Nothing flashy. No long lines. Nothing. Marsha and Steve were waiting for them by the door.

The bouncer at the door or whom Cara assumed was a bouncer, opened the door for them after speaking with Steve.

“Welcome to Impulse,” he said in a gravelly voice.

Cara offered him a shy smile and they followed their friends inside. She didn’t expect anything like what she saw. It was like a huge auditorium but split up into sections. There was a roped off section toward the front set with tables and chairs and a candle flickering on each table. Steve led the way and got them a table. Cara sat down nervously. From their seats, you could see a great portion of the huge room, which was sectioned off. It room itself smelled of leather. There was so much going on that Cara didn’t know where to look. Steve ordered them drinks.

“Well, what do you think?” He asked.

“I don’t know what to think, frankly.” Cara admitted.

Men walked by dressed in jeans and leather vests. There were women who were dressed and some who were not. There were people of both sexes that were tied to crosses, to what looked like pummel horses. Some of them were being flogged, Some were on their knees on the floor in front of someone. There were others who had vibrators pressed to their pussies, their skin glistening with oil. There were women hanging suspended from rafters, tied up in these intricate knotted ropes. Simply hanging there, eyes closed. There seemed to be something for anyone in here. Feathers, floggers, even, yes, whips, handcuffs… a whole arsenal of delights for those that wanted them. In another section of the club there were closed cubicles. These, Cara assumed were for privacy of some of their clients. There were soft moans. There were loud moans.

“Does it live up to your thoughts?” Marsha’s whisper filled her ear, making Cara shudder. She turned her head quickly toward Marsha and found her face close to her friend’s. Cara wet her lips with her tongue. Her lips a mere breath from Marsha’s.

“I’m not sure I truly gave it any thought,” Cara whispered back, “What do you and Steve do here or should I even ask?”

“Oh, you can ask. We don’t mind, do we Steve?”

Steve was sitting back in his chair, an arm along a brass railing, shaking his head.

“Not at all. Ask away.”

“We do whatever we feel like,” Marsha started out, “Steve and I have one steadfast rule. Whatever happens here in Impulse, stays here. If we want to talk about something, we do. We never throw up in each other’s face whatever we witness here. The club is to help us as a couple, not destroy us. The whole idea is to set up ground rules between you and go from there. On that note,” she got up and held out a hand to her husband, “you ready to go play, baby?”

Steve got up and took his wife’s hand.

“Let’s do it, babycakes.”

The two of them moved off further into the room and as they did, Cara turned her head to look at Bill.

“I’m sorry, darling. I had no idea what to expect but this must be a lot to take in.”

The giggling, the devilish wink before looking away. Bill felt like there was something going on that he wasn’t in on and it made him nervous but there was also a hint of excitement. It felt like one of those times when he was a child and his brother knew what he was getting for Christmas. He’d hint at it and toy with him making sure his curiosity was peaked. He allowed himself to be preoccupied by it for a few moments then decided to let it go and let the evening reveal itself however it may.

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

“About tonight…”
Bill sat behind the wheel of the car stunned when Cara had told him the plan. He knew Steve’s explanation sounded suspect and now it made sense.

“So we’re really doing this?” He asked with a mix of nervousness and excitement.

The idea of visiting Impulse had been intimidating to say the least but knowing Steve and Marsha would be there set his mind at ease. It felt a lot less like they would be walking into a sexual ambush and more like a guided tour.

“I’m so ready for this!” He said trying to sound as convincing as possible regardless of the doubts he still harbored.

As they walked into the club it felt like an all out assault on his senses. The smell of leather, the flickering light shimmering off of oiled bodies. The sound of pleasured pain. Bill did his best not to gawk but it was almost impossible. Regardless of where he directed his eyes there was another scene that jarred his senses.

It all seemed so intriguing and yet there was one challenge that he hadn’t considered in the weeks before. This club was about dominance and submission and regardless of how he was feeling he knew his role was to be the former. It wasn’t something he’d ever tried but he knew he needed to. She led them to this point and now it was on him to move them forward regardless of his uneasiness.

He was hoping to just follow Steve’s lead but when they walked away he realized he was going to be on his own.

“I’m sorry, darling. I had no idea what to expect but this must be a lot to take in.” She said as she gripped his hand.

Bill’s mind scrambled. If he flinched he risked shaming her and they’d end up sitting at the table like wall flowers all night. He glanced over at the pummel horse looking things then got an idea. He didn’t know if it was a good one or not but it was at least going to break the ice an a not so risky way.

“You’re sorry? You should be!” He snapped as he gripped her hand. “Let’s go!” Bill pushed up from her chair seeing the startled look on her face as he pulled her up from her chair.

He pulled her away from the table but instead of walking towards the entrance he led her further in towards the pummel horses. When they got to a vacant one he guided her hands onto it as he stood behind her.

“Don’t move.” He growled as he reached down and pulled the magic wand off a hook beneath it and flicked it on.

Placing a foot inside hers he nudged her feet wider then slowly worked the wand up her inner thigh and under her dress.

Bill had confided in her that he didn’t know much about places like Impulse and she had been watching him the whole time since they had gotten here and knew it had been a mistake to come here. He was like a fish out of water. This wasn’t his thing, even remotely. Not that she knew a whole lot more about it, but it was a lifestyle she kept going back to when she was searching for something, anything, they could do together.

Dominance and submission. This was a relationship that had more layers than an onion and depended on how deep you wanted to explore. People who didn’t understand thought that it was all about the Dominant. It wasn’t. Rather, it was about both of them. The Dominant served the submissive. That sounded odd, but it was true. The submissive needed to give up their power and feel secure in the one they gave it up to. The submissive gave the Dominant just what they needed. Control and Power. However, if the submissive called a halt, things halted. Period. Everything came down to trust.

:rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose:

“You’re sorry? You should be!”

Bill’s sudden tone change as he gripped her hand startled her.

“Let’s go!”

She knew it! He was mad and they were going to go storming home and he was not going to speak to her again for at least a week, she was sure. When he pulled her up from her chair, her mouth opened as if she had something to say but then snapped closed again when they didn’t head toward the door. She followed him like a meek little lamb being led to its slaughter. However, her eyes grew wide and before she could utter a sound, Bill tugged her toward one of the empty pummel horses and placed her hands high up on it, bending her over the horse.

“Don’t move.”

His low growl made her wet and she was so tempted to rub herself against the horse but he had told her not to move. Cara heard the soft buzz of a wand come on and gulped softly. She felt Bill push her feet wider apart and felt the wand slowly make its way up under her dress and along her inner thigh. Her breath was coming a bit harder and faster because what Bill didn’t know but was just inches from finding out, she wasn’t wearing any underwear. Why she had decided to forego them tonight of all nights, she wasn’t sure. She felt so self-conscious. There were all these other people in the room, doing who knows what and could actually watch her and Bill as well.
That kind of made her squirm. A little.

"Bill, I'm so---so---sorr---"

Her words were cut off as she felt the head of the wand stop just a mere breath away from her pussy. Cara felt her insides tighten and pulse. Her fingernails dug into the leather of the pommel horse under her. Yet, somewhere deep inside her, she was begging him not to stop. She and Bill had never experimented with sex toys before and certainly had never even thought about playing at a club like Impulse. Another part of her, in the back of her mind, couldn't wait to startle him as well.

Last edited:
It was only a matter of seconds between conception and execution and Bill hadn't really had time to plan the whole thing out. It was only when her stammering words broke the silence between them that he realized he really didn't have much of an end game in mind. He watched her nails dig into the leather as the head of the wand traveled higher. A rush of adrenaline shot through him. It excited him more than he'd ever imagined doing something like this in view of others might.

He felt leaving her dress undisturbed had kept her modesty intact. It would clearly have crossed a line had he exposed her without her consent and he didn't want to risk going too far. Letting the wand travel up further he felt it press between her legs for just a moment before he withdrew it slightly.

Bill brushed her hair away from her ear as he leaned in letting his breath wash over her as he spoke. "Do you like that? Do you want me to keep going?"

Bill’s lips brushed against her ear. She could feel his breath, his body leaning in against hers. The wand poised, teasing her, deliberate or not.

"Do you like that? Do you want me to keep going?"

Cara swallowed, her mouth had seemingly gone dry. She wanted to say something but the words wouldn’t come out. Would he just pull away and stop if she didn’t find the words? She wasn’t sure what was turning her on more, the way Bill was acting? The “toy” he had in his hand or even the people and sounds around her. Her heart rate must be off the charts.

She nodded her head slightly and managed to moan softly, “Yes…. please.”

Oh dear god. She couldn't remember the last time she had felt this turned on.

Her hesitation had Bill feeling less sure of himself with each second that passed until finally the words left her lips in a soft moan. “Yes…. please.” His heart raced and his cock strained against the seem of his pants when he heard the lusty tone in her voice. It was that tone he remembered from so long ago that reverberated throughout his fantasies.

He raised the wand again and sound of the vibration became low and muffled as it found its home. Feeling bolder he lifted the hem of her dress up, exposing her ass and noticed she wasn't wearing any panties.

"Aren't you a dirty girl." he breathed into her ear as he lightly slapped her bare ass for emphasis.

The entire scene was so far beyond anything he could have conjured in his imagination the day before but for some reason it all felt very natural to him. His hand kneaded her exquisite ass for all to see and he could hear her breathing become more labored.

Back