The Concise Library of Every Literotica Story Ever

TheRedChamber

Apprentice
This thread isn't to attack or make fun of people who write or enjoy these kinds of story, however, regular readers on Literotica will have noticed there are a number of story outlines that appear again and again on this site. Much like the Hero's Journey in fantasy, our erotic heroes are often trapped repeating the same story beats, cliche's and ropey ejaculations for all eternity. In order to break this cycle we seek to capture and document these metastories in their simplest form. Here are a few to get started with:

BDSM (Variation 1)

- Mistress told me I was to come to a place I didn't know at a certain time.
- There were people I didn't know at that place.
- Mistress told me to do things I hadn't done before.
- I did the things even though I didn't want to.
- I felt shame for doing the things.
- Mistress told me I'd done the things well, I felt happy again.
- Mistress told me to clean up the mess while she enjoyed a glass of Chardoney.

Erotic Horror (Variation 1)

- My boyfriend complains I'm too reserved in bed.
- I accidentally rub a lamp/wave a magic wand/awake Cthulu
- The mystical entity supercharges my sex drive and my tits.
- My boyfriend is surprised by the things I do to him.
- (but not surprised enough by my physical transformation, my new melodramatic dialogue and unfamiliarity with basic twentieth century concepts to actually stop having sex with me and get to the bottom of things)
- The entity announces that by having successfully had sex the entity and I are now bound together to have more sex for the rest of eternity.
- I'm okay with that.

Interracial (White Female - Black Male)

- (White) Husband is bad at sex.
- Somehow, this evening, husband is even worse at sex.
- I go to a bar (I don't normally dress like a slut, but somehow today I was so mad I accidentally dressed ever so slighly the tiniest littlest bit like a slut).
- An African-American man tells me he is really good at sex indeed.
- We go to his appartment and he is really good at sex indeed.
- I tell my husband I wouldn't be having sex with him anymore.

Interracial (Asian Female - White Male)

- I work in a massage parlour to pay for college and send money back home.
- Some of the other girls do hand-jobs but I don't do that because I'm a nice girl.
- But this customers cock was so nice, I gave him a hand-job.
- After the massage he tipped me and asked me out for dinner because not only is his cock nice, but he himself is also nice.
- It is now six months later and we're married. We're such a nice couple.

That was great. Alas for this project though I discovered multiple original thoughts while reading.
Yes, I tend not to follow crowds and regular tropes. There are too many writers doing that, why follow? Which is the whole point of your little challenge.

One variation on the BDSM theme. In a story that will be coming out soon, I have a dominatrix say:

“Miss Meara” was the moniker that I would call myself during these events. Maybe it seemed more egalitarian than being called “Mistress.” It wasn’t like I was running their lives as my slaves. I was a professional lady doing the proper actions to get these misbehaving guys into line.

Tropes/clichés exist and are perpetuated for a reason; they work and people will read the same set up everyday. The example I always default to is the babysitter, there no more over used, over done, easier to write scenario than the babysitter variations, but write one every day for a month, people will love every one of them.

Speaking on tropes this theme has been done multiple times as well, both tongue and cheek, and, as you're doing with a pretentious air that they're so far beneath 'real writers' that we should do something about them. Case in point Electricblue the man the myth and legend who strokes his own ego every chance he gets because he's oh, so original...in his own head. Look at the source, source doesn't lie.

There are people in life who will eat the same lunch 5 times week, do the same thing at the same time, etc...and they like it. Cliché stories are comfort stories because often people don't want to think more than they want to, especially here on an erotica site where many people's goal is to get off, and they know what does it for them, and they're happy to not deviate from what works.

There's nothing wrong with trying to be original, but there's also nothing wrong with tropes. Only wrong is treating something as if its beneath you to the point you need to come here with an attitude of "Darling, will you look at these peasants? They like the same story all the time!"

I've done outright tropes, I've done thing more original, my favorite is to mix a trope with an attempt at a new spin. I have readers for all three, and I enjoy all three, and see none of them as being above or beneath another.

Why? Maybe its apathy because other than caring about trying to write the story I want to in that moment, I don't care what anyone else thinks. Maybe its more apathy as in not feeling the need to denigrate something to empower myself. Or maybe I can't be bothered thinking or caring because writing is writing and its many things to many people and as long as it works for them, why should anyone care?

Meanwhile you're not even on the mark.

Those aren't the most cliched BDSM tropes, not even close.

Same for horror

Your IR examples are however, perfect examples of the racist tropes the readership there feasts on, while being so ignorant they don't know they're racist tropes.

To add something besides being unapologetically blunt, I'd hazard to say the most cliché riddled niche category would be I/T. They are HP Lovecraft level of formulaic as to the A B C to get a good rating. But look at the readership, not just large, but in general very friendly and easy going, they don't mind the tropes because they make them happy.

My reaction to threads like this is similar to LC's above. I read very little of what others write, one reason being not to be taking ideas from them, but I'm quite sure that my stories aren't all originals. Ideas and themes float around in media and people pick up on them and some basic plots just go on forever. So what? That said, I don't really react well to those who won't mind their own business about what others like to write/read as long as they are able to do their thing here.

My reaction to threads like this is similar to LC's above. I read very little of what others write, one reason being not to be taking ideas from them, but I'm quite sure that my stories aren't all originals. Ideas and themes float around in media and people pick up on them and some basic plots just go on forever. So what? That said, I don't really react well to those who won't mind their own business about what others like to write/read as long as they are able to do their thing here.
Ok, fair enough, rereading my OP 24-hours later it probably comes of as more flippant and mean-spirited than I was intending.

Ok, fair enough, rereading my OP 24-hours later it probably comes of as more flippant and mean-spirited than I was intending.
I don't take what you posted as flippant or mean-spirited. I tried not to go as far as LC. I take your post as just being wrongheaded for Literotica.. There are lots here who feel it's their privilege (and their expertise) to tell others what they should want out of either writing or reading at Literotica or who are quick to post that most of what is posted here is trash, when they couldn't possibly have read even a fraction of what is posted here and I don't think it's their right (or ability) to tell others what is trash to them or not anyway. I think that's wrongheaded for Literotica. It's a broad-based sharing story site, not a critique site. I think everyone who can have their interests served here have the right to be left the hell alone to enjoy themselves.

Over time I think users are getting better about this. There aren't as many threads like this now than when I first started posting to Literotica. And in that period people were asserting their right and intent to be vigilantes in pushing their views of superiority on others directly. We still get the assumption occasionally here, though, that every writer either does or should have the goal to further develop their writing technique to post here and, to most Literotica users, I think that's just bullshit. I think most users are here to share dirty stories that sexually arose them--and that Literotica supports that.

Last edited:
The nice thing about tropes is you don't need to explain anything.

Two people forced to share a hotel room- that story could be started as they open the door to the room.

Emma Watson - She's always down for whatever.

Babysitter story - "Can you pay me with sex?" Missy asked as she bit her lip, hoping the older more experienced man would bend her over a chair.

You can even mix and match- black guy at the massage parlor.

Escapist wish fulfillment- As a former Navy SEAL millionaire with a 10 inch penis who owns my own business as a CIA contractor and MMA fight trainer, I can nither confirm nor deny that I have a harem of sexy women and succubus on my private island.

Minotaur tamed by slave girl.

Orcs are rapey and bad.

Orcs are horny and like it rough.

Chapter 471 of some romance that involves a misunderstanding that could of been solved in five minutes in chapter 1.

Strangers f*** in the woods or on a trail.

Bigfoot & Wookies fall in love during the great Bigfoot vs Wookies war. Can their love end so much hate?

The heist went bad and the cops are looking for us, let's rape our way out of trouble. That's a totally great idea that I don't forsee as ending badly. Spoiler alert, it does.

Edge lord and Neck-beard write some women hating garbage and try to pass it off as bondage.

A boring romance with wooden characters that we've spiced up by adding Yeti and werewolves.

The true story that will end my marriage if anyone finds out but I changed her name from Mandy to Sandy when I posted it to lit so my wife with never figure it out.

The first two paragraphs describe something that happened at a college once, so that counts as having a plot. The rest is a four page graphical description of people having sex in a dorm room.

Lesbians at the coffee shop. The sex scene is one sentence long.

Legal drama written by someone who doesn't know the law, didn't research anything, with a twist ending. Maybe he held the judge hostage till the judge signed the paperwork allowing him to go free.

Weed is legal in my state. It shows in my writing. There is no plot.

These are the tropes I often use. Or see others using.

Queer person falls in love with straight friend.

Straight person meets queer person, realises they're not so straight after all.

Queer person falls in love with straight friend.

Straight person meets queer person, realises they're not so straight after all.
Funny you should say that. I've had a couple of women (and men) comment that I write better "giving head" sequences than many gay guys, better than they can write them, themselves.

Shock, horror, shark eats quads, does that mean I'm gay? I doubt it - at my age, I reckon I'd know by now!

I'm somewhat in agreement with literary critics who say everything's basically been done before. I spend no time whatsoever sweating over whether my story is original enough. Some of my stories have been praised as being inventive and original and I think they are. Others, I know, are highly derivative. I have literally written a story (Late Night on the Loveseat with Mom) motivated the entire time by the desire to get the greatest number of views possible and trying to throw in every cliche I could think of to do it. And it worked! I was very pleased, just as I've been pleased with writing weirder, more offbeat stories that don't see the same number of views. I see nothing wrong with any of it.

I agree with something Lovecraft wrote above, though, which is that while your attempted "library" is amusing and interesting, it doesn't scratch the surface of all the story themes and ideas explored at Literotica, and even if you tripled it or multiplied it by 20 it still wouldn't come close.

If you want to write a story about a babysitter, do it, and don't worry if it seems like a cliche. There are innumerable little things you can do in the story to make it fresh and creative and fun. Whether or not something is a "cliche" has less to do with WHAT you write than with HOW you write it.

Back