The AH Coffee Shop and Reading Room 09

Wear the socks! I was promised a dozen too, but only got 4. They must like you better.
Get one of these - greatest invention ever for compression sock wearers. I went without one for years and am still kicking myself for not getting it sooner.
I've got one and have trouble using it.

Meanwhile the Coffee's going down well. . . .

I've got one and have trouble using it.

Meanwhile the Coffee's going down well. . . .
Really? I found that my biggest problem was rolling the socks down on the machine too much and they're stretched out when you put them on. The gloves help stretch the socks properly

Lunch today was simple, ham and cheese on rye, ice tea and cheezits. Submitted All Aboard Andi's Dream Chapter 7 at 11:00 this morning and dove into Chapter 8, and just reached 3k words. This chapter is a story I've been aching to write since I started the story.

Last edited:
Your WebEx must have been a better package than mine.
It was the top version, since I was supporting over 450 Cisco UCS C240 M6 blades running Cisco software to distribute digital cable TV, Cisco gave us a deal.
Fun job! And when I got the job streamlined so smoothly a monkey could do it, they laid me off and let the monkey do it.

Speaking of spring things... today was the ceremonial first lawn mowing of the year. I usually do it earlier in the month, but the weather's been uncooperative and/or I seem to have things I'd rather do.

Speaking of spring things... today was the ceremonial first lawn mowing of the year. I usually do it earlier in the month, but the weather's been uncooperative and/or I seem to have things I'd rather do.
I feel your pain. It's been snowing here for six straight days. 😶

more planting today; nearby plant nursery had bedding plants for $1.00 each; really didn't need to buy, I still have seeds to plant, buttttttt $20.00 later and 20 more bedding plants in the ground I am 'done' for the weekend (yes, I know the weekend isn't over yet).

Grandson is installing a drip system in the three smallish beds I have to care for and the three raised beds he built this year. Potatoes, tomatoes, bell and 'hot' pepper types, cucumbers, onions, garlic, okra, zucchini; from last Spring, blueberries, blackberries, avocado tree, Meyer lemon tree, Persian lime tree, two peach trees, two apple trees, (all of those have fruit on them) three fig trees.

I'm told that figs grow fantastic here. North Florida is a weird place, some things grow like wildfire and others barely germinate. Successful planters dig out the north Florida soil and replace it with store bought. I don't have that kind of energy.

Dinner was shrimp scampi with pasta in limoni sauce. All that butter probably put me way over my allotted fat intake for the day.

Dinner tonight was a steak salad. I'm learning to mix everything with rabbit feed.

Coffee is on for you late night drinkers, I wrote 4700 words today, I'm going to go soak my eyeballs.

Morning all... i may need your help today as I am running out of coffee and have a delivery arriving tomorrow evening. Of course, this makes me want to drink even more of it, despite the bottom of the jar showing!

Happy sunday all

The coffee house is never out of coffee, and your welcome to it for the price of conversation.

Here, that's not quite true. I need to take a trip to the store today so I'll have coffee for tomorrow morning.

Good morning all, the story I started yesterday afternoon is reaching 7000 words. It's one of those stories that writes itself and can't wait to jump out on my monitor. It probably won't get a great readership, but it's the story I want to write.

Breakfast this morning - coffee and a blue berry poptart. My favorite.

Gawd. Finally able to sit down with a cup of weak coffee. C's not hobbling around very well and every move requires assistance. I'll give her credit for trying - she's not happy about it, either. Couldn't convince the dog to cut us a little bit of slack. Thankfully, he's settled down, as has she now that I brought her a yogurt, her morning vitamins, and a nice cup of cinnamon tea with honey.

All this while being dizzy from my allergy med. Oy vey.

That poptart sounds like a good idea as a breakfast stand-in while our household is, uh, "challenged". No choice but to run to the store tonight, so I'll add a box to the list. Don't know what to do about nutrition for C, with her gluten restriction. Last time I tried to cook eggs, I ruined a perfectly good toaster.

Last edited:
It was the top version, since I was supporting over 450 Cisco UCS C240 M6 blades running Cisco software to distribute digital cable TV, Cisco gave us a deal.
Fun job! And when I got the job streamlined so smoothly a monkey could do it, they laid me off and let the monkey do it.
Yeah, public sector doesn't get that kind of support. Except the monkeys.

Gawd. Finally able to sit down with a cup of weak coffee. C's not hobbling around very well and every move requires assistance. I'll give her credit for trying - she's not happy about it, either. Couldn't convince the dog to cut us a little bit of slack. Thankfully, he's settled down, as has she now that I brought her a yogurt, her morning vitamins, and a nice cup of cinnamon tea with honey.

All this while being dizzy from my allergy med. Oy vey.

That poptart sounds like a good idea as a breakfast stand-in while our household is, uh, "challenged". No choice but to run to the store tonight, so I'll add a box to the list. Don't know what to do about nutrition for C, with her gluten restriction. Last time I tried to cook eggs, I ruined a perfectly good toaster.
I missed something. What happened to C?

Oh, for the egg? Next time use the grill.

What happened to C?

Thanks for asking!

Foot surgery on Friday, fixing a bunion that we tried to have addressed over a decade ago. She saw two different podiatric surgeons then and they said it wasn't bad enough. It was only after she saw our GP two months ago about a balance problem that the doc and her physical therapist declared, "My gosh, ASAP!"

And here we are.

Oh... bowl of rice, her fave yogurt and a Mandarin orange fruit cup for breakfast. She's also getting the hang of rolling around the house in an office chair. I'll run to the medical supplies shop downtown tomorrow and get her a knee scooter.

Really? I found that my biggest problem was rolling the socks down on the machine too much and they're stretched out when you put them on. The gloves help stretch the socks properly
Mine didn't come with any gloves. Any clues as to description will be welcome. . .

But now it is time for a brew of Tea

more planting today; nearby plant nursery had bedding plants for $1.00 each; really didn't need to buy, I still have seeds to plant, buttttttt $20.00 later and 20 more bedding plants in the ground I am 'done' for the weekend (yes, I know the weekend isn't over yet).

Grandson is installing a drip system in the three smallish beds I have to care for and the three raised beds he built this year. Potatoes, tomatoes, bell and 'hot' pepper types, cucumbers, onions, garlic, okra, zucchini; from last Spring, blueberries, blackberries, avocado tree, Meyer lemon tree, Persian lime tree, two peach trees, two apple trees, (all of those have fruit on them) three fig trees.
Oh! To be your neighbor at harvesttime would be so nice!

Mine didn't come with any gloves. Any clues as to description will be welcome. . .

But now it is time for a brew of Tea
The gloves that came with my device have little dots of latex to grip the stockings, or you can use rubber kitchen gloves

Busted waterline! The water pressure plummeted and I went outside and the lawn was under water, a stream of water shooting out of my house.
Conversations are going like this
"Will the maintenance insurance policy that I've never shown you cover this?"
"I don't know, let me see the policy"
"I don't know where it is"

I'm not going to sleep well tonight.

I called the number on the policy that promised wonders and awe and someone in another country assured me that help was on the way. I got the water shut off to the house, at least the main shut off valve is easy to reach. It's not like in Colorado where they have to put it 3 feet under ground.

Back