The AH Coffee Shop and Reading Room 04: Come On In

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we are promised some [more] rain, maybe even the gentle kind. We had some last night; I'm sure my garden welcomed it.

Time for a mug of good Tea. . .

I picked a jalapeno from my garden this afternoon. It was starting to ripen. It wasn't big, and when I cut into it I found that the walls weren't very fleshy. I probably underwatered, but there's a rumored effect that if you underwater chile peppers they grow hotter.

I bit into the the thing. It was very flavorful. I'll have to find something to do with small jalapenos. I put it down and turned around before the heat hit, and then I ran to find my wine. My mouth is still burning. I think it will be burning for a while.

Thank you for the name stories, everyone! Very interesting.

NW, how about some coffee to wash down the wine to wash down the jalapeño?

Also, Lori, I think it's so sweet that you and BB can both participate on the Literotica forums together.

We got a respite today, a lovely 74 degree sandwiched between a week of 87-90 with a dewpoint of 70 and three days upcoming of 90, 98, and then 95, all with monstrous mugginess.

So I gave my lawn a much, much-needed mowing.

Iced coffee for me, please and thank you.

Thunderstorm with 3/4" hail. The garden did not appreciate it, even with mesh screens over it.

What kind of of mesh?

We don't get a lot of hail here. It was a way of life when my mom was growing up in western Nebraska, and I remember it being pretty frequent in western South Dakota.

We hit 99F today. I don't think it got to 100 officially but no doubt it got well over 100 in some parts of town. My garden was begging for help when I got home from work.

So, been a crazy week. Got a new-er car, Mother moved in with me for the foreseeable future due to health concerns, and . . . I got offered a contract for my first novel today. :D :eek:

Hope everyone here is well!

I picked a jalapeno from my garden this afternoon. It was starting to ripen. It wasn't big, and when I cut into it I found that the walls weren't very fleshy. I probably underwatered, but there's a rumored effect that if you underwater chile peppers they grow hotter.

I bit into the the thing. It was very flavorful. I'll have to find something to do with small jalapenos. I put it down and turned around before the heat hit, and then I ran to find my wine. My mouth is still burning. I think it will be burning for a while.

Drink milk. It is scientifically proven to be the best liquid when eating super spicy food.

Mother moved in with me for the foreseeable future due to health concerns, and . . . I got offered a contract for my first novel today.

Sorry MP that your mother isn't doing well. But super congratulations on your contract. :)

The things you find on the internet... Was looking for a new phone since my old one was dying, and found one on our Dutch imitation of Ebay for 30 bucks that I'm pretty sure is worth at least double that. Sure, it had some minor scratches on the corners, but was otherwise still in perfect condition. Don't think that kind old man had any idea of what it was worth. Kinda feel bad of taking advantage of that, but... Hey, new(ish) phone for cheap! :D

Good Morning all,
Coffee in the rain; does that sound vaguely like a song title ?

PS. Mags: Good for You girl.

Good morning, all! Large black coffee, please!

It seems like that should be pretty protective. So, I guess even 1/4" shards of ice can be bad on a garden.

Well, if you think on it, for a 1/4" hailstone to pass cleanly through 1/4" square mesh, it would have to be perfectly aligned and few are. In practice, many of the smaller ones wind up hitting the wire on at least one side and either break up or are deflected and slowed down. Those that pass through are generally small enough to be harmless.

We tried 1/2" mesh, but it let too much through; the plants were still being damaged. So 1/4" is a good compromise; it still lets almost all the light through.

Also, Lori, I think it's so sweet that you and BB can both participate on the Literotica forums together.

Hi Ruby, it's fun for me and my mouth to wander around here and socialize; about all BB does is post jokes, give medical hints or tips if someone asks for a little background reality-type info for a story, and jabber away about planes and military gibberish with HP; those two start talking military stuff and end up cat-calling British military and medical slang and acronyms at each other; I find this as riveting as a treatise on Prehistoric Patagonian nose-bone polishing, so I step back and yuk it up with my friends instead. I do have a habit of sharing recipes, both my own family's cajun recipes, and snippets from BB's GGG-Grandmother's kitchen book from 1819 I purloined from his father's library and have no intention of returning. I only share the better recipes, some of the stuff the Victorians thought were delicacies would make a hyena gag...

I still have my great grandpa's old nose-bone. Nicely polished, too.

I finally have a story with more than 100,000 views! My Nude Day story hit that mark this morning. Yay for Watch Me! It's my most favorited, most viewed, and most commented story, and now the score's not so bad either.

We're supposed to hit 100F this afternoon, so I took my walk this morning and managed a brisk pace.

Congrats NW, that sounds like a pretty impressive milestone.

Meanwhile I was supposed to take a walk to think about my Summer Lovin' story's plot, but I accidentally came up with a Halloween story instead... Yay?

Congrats NW, that sounds like a pretty impressive milestone.

Meanwhile I was supposed to take a walk to think about my Summer Lovin' story's plot, but I accidentally came up with a Halloween story instead... Yay?

I'm currently writing a Halloween story when I should be working on Summer Lovin'. Where did my discipline go?

Ah, I have a directory full of half-completed stories, some going back a very long way.
But I shall consider them eventually,
after a nice cup of tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back