The AH Coffee Shop and Reading Room 04: Come On In

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning. Coffee please, it cold outside. 36f, cloudy. Oh and it stopped raining.

H.E.B. has a whole aisle dedicated to bulk coffee grind your own anyway you want. They also have a sushi kiosk. :D

Y'all have a great day and stay warm.

A strange day, with Rain & then sunshine.
But E-bay has coughed up some small parts for a small project. The glue's drying as I write.

But it's time for coffee.

Glue? What have you broken this time, HP?

Chance in plans from the weather people. High today of 36. Yeah, that nap was a good idea.

Fresh coffee for the afternoon people if they ain't all froze.

I may even try to write something.

Glue? What have you broken this time, HP?

Chance in plans from the weather people. High today of 36. Yeah, that nap was a good idea.

Fresh coffee for the afternoon people if they ain't all froze.

I may even try to write something.

As far as I know, nothing has broken.
I needed to affix a plastic thing onto the side of a plastic box.
Rather than locating my box of screws, I used a dab of decent glue.

But it's too late to do the soldering tonight, so it can stay drying until tomorrow and I'll have a nice cup of Tea, thanks.

I hope HP found the kettle and makings for his tea. I was busy. My editor loves to yak on Moandays.

Fresh coffee for the evening crew.

So far so good on the quitting front.

Another day, another dollar (approximately), and a few words written that had nothing to do with the dollar.

Did you realize that we (here in the US) are going to start daylight savings time this weekend? The sun just started rising at a decent hour, and next week? I'll be driving into the sun again to get to work. On the up side, there will be more time to lounge on the patio and watch the chiminea, and it won't be long before I can cook on the grill before the sun sets.

Another day, another dollar (approximately), and a few words written that had nothing to do with the dollar.
Here it's one more day and no spare change, not even centavos. But words are trying to emerge. I may write something again soon. Beware.

Did you realize that we (here in the US) are going to start daylight savings time this weekend? The sun just started rising at a decent hour, and next week? I'll be driving into the sun again to get to work. On the up side, there will be more time to lounge on the patio and watch the chiminea, and it won't be long before I can cook on the grill before the sun sets.
I'd not looked so far ahead. I almost wish to be in Arizona, with no need to save daylight, enough being naturally supplied. But politics there! Oy.

We're plotting an escape in-betwixt medical appointments here. To sunshine? I dunno, there's not much in this hemisphere. To coffee? It could happen.

I like daylight savings time. It gives me longer evenings and it confuses the shit out of the cat. A win win for me. No so much for the cat.

Chicken and noodles soup. Just the thing for the mid 30's headed for 29 by daylight. At least the rain is gone. There was a wintry mix over in central Louisiana earlier. Better there than here.

Fresh coffee for any who are cold and the rest of you too.

Here it's one more day and no spare change, not even centavos. But words are trying to emerge. I may write something again soon. Beware.

Maybe just put one word after another, and eventually you have a story.

I'd not looked so far ahead. I almost wish to be in Arizona, with no need to save daylight, enough being naturally supplied. But politics there! Oy.

We're plotting an escape in-betwixt medical appointments here. To sunshine? I dunno, there's not much in this hemisphere. To coffee? It could happen.

I really like the no change in time, but since everyone around us changes, it gets confusing. Part of the year we are the same time as California and part of the year we are an hour ahead. I don't see why anyone changes. When I was working the only difference it made was how long I turned on the lights in the morning or the night. I find that nature takes care of time just fine. The days are getting longer and in a couple more months the sun will be up before six and still be up after six.

Take some good hot romance novels. They get pretty explicit but don’t worry about the level of detail. Look at how they handle the description of events and dialogue. You can work in any amount of explicit sex over that, just look at the writing techniques. But pick best selling Authors, learn from success.
Good idea, thank you, Chloe!

As far as I'm concerned, Daylight Savings Time is an excuse to drink coffee an hour earlier.

Wifey got to watching that Michael Jackson documentary tonight while I was trying to bang on the keyboard and string some nonsense together and the next thing I know my fingers were kidnaped by my ears and I finally gave up and watched it with her. In a word creepy. (The subject not my wife :eek: )

No coffee tonight but a decent bedtime tea would be appreciated.

Tex, was it you who hid the Teapot and the loose tea - again ? :)
This is gettin' depressin'; finding the kettle's bad enough, but hunt the Teapot's going too far, IMO.

I really like the no change in time, but since everyone around us changes, it gets confusing.

Every year, some twerp says "why don't we use Summer Time all the year round "?
Obviously,, said twerp does not get the concept of the Greenwich meridian in respect of international time.
Personally, I reckon it would be easier to simply say "start work an hour earlier for the next few months"

Oy, day lights savings time!

Good morning everyone. Coffee, I'll get some, thank you.

The sun is out, the sun is out! And it's 30 freakin' degrees out! WTF! Just think, next Monday it will be dark out at this same time.

Y'all have a great day.

An hour or two spent in the shed with a hot soldering iron and the gadget seems to work !! I'll have a [black] coffee in celebration, I think. I gotta keep off food-y stuff for 24 hours.

Morning all

HP, the kettle stays on the stove and the tea pot is one shelf up from the tea canister. Same as before the move.

Fresh coffee to celebrate HP's happy ending to his soldering job. I hope the gadget does what it is supposed to do for a very long time.

Every year, some twerp says "why don't we use Summer Time all the year round "?

We tried that back in the seventies. It was really unpopular, so they didn't do it again. The US gov has twice pushed the start date earlier and the end date later so that savings time lasts longer than it used to.

I rarely wish to deal with any measure of time shorter than a season.

Except for the ten minutes coffee grounds must stay in the French press.

The DST principle seems to be akin to the oldtimer who found his blankets too short, so he cut a foot off the bottom and sewed them onto the top.

There is moreover some fairly reliable evidence suggesting that the transition results in higher accident rates due to fatigue and low visibility. I'd be thrilled if it was scrapped altogether.

Debating DST is like debating trolls. It lets off steam but doesn't accomplish much.

Uh, yeah, I think I missed lunch. Fresh coffee is available while I scrounge up something eatable.

Debating DST is like debating trolls.

I'm not debating DST. It simply is -- or is soon to be.

I left my jacket in the office and went for a mile-long walk. It's mostly calm and very sunny out, and the quick climb up the little hill behind the office got my heart pumping and my legs burning. I ran the stairs when I got back just for good measure -- and for the fun of it.

My story passed the transition that stopped me yesterday and I have a little more to write today.

Morning all

HP, the kettle stays on the stove and the tea pot is one shelf up from the tea canister. Same as before the move.

Fresh coffee to celebrate HP's happy ending to his soldering job. I hope the gadget does what it is supposed to do for a very long time.

Thank you for the reminder; I must have been wearing the wrong glasses - again.

And it's raining. The meds I'm inflicting upon myself are supposed to be "light citrus".
It's almost pure salt !
I'll have a black coffee please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back