The AH Coffee Shop and Reading Room 02: A Comma (is a Restful Pause)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evening all,

Fresh coffee and a kettle is now available.

Another day on the phone. I've never been involved in so many conference calls in my life. I was so lost most of the time I just listened. Probably a good thing.

I did get some writing done between calls. I'm not sure if any of it will be salvageable later. Never write when you have things on your mind other than the story.

Evening all,

Fresh coffee and a kettle is now available.

Another day on the phone. I've never been involved in so many conference calls in my life. I was so lost most of the time I just listened. Probably a good thing.

There's a little plot bunny there, I reckon

One small black coming up, TP.

HP, there are plot bunnies everywhere. Everywhere I tell ya. The world is overrun with them critters. :eek:

Tamsin fucks a monster to save her adopted people.

You asked...

'Fuck' got my attention. But it usually does, so take that as you will.

'Tamsin' is an attention-grabber name. Using it caught my eye as well. :)

Another day on the phone. I've never been involved in so many conference calls in my life. I was so lost most of the time I just listened.
This looks very much like a naughty, phone-sex plot bunny. ;)

You asked...

'Fuck' got my attention. But it usually does, so take that as you will.

'Tamsin' is an attention-grabber name. Using it caught my eye as well. :)

Yeah, I figured that line would get more attention. I hadn't thought of Tamsin being a eye-catching name.

The unfortunate thing is that "fucks a monster" was a pretty poor description of what happened, and putting that into the short description would mislead people into thinking that was a long stroker scene. It wasn't.

We're starting to find out what every law enforcement agency in the area was doing down the street with heavy weapons on Valentine's Day. They made one arrest and cleaned the place out. Apparently they think they had a car theft ring.

I saw a digital poster a couple months ago that made me laugh because it was too true. It had a nice picture of the city at sunset and a caption that said, "Come to Albuquerque for the chile. Stay because your car got stolen."

We're like the car-theft capital of the US.

I saw a digital poster a couple months ago that made me laugh because it was too true. It had a nice picture of the city at sunset and a caption that said, "Come to Albuquerque for the chile. Stay because your car got stolen."

We're like the car-theft capital of the US.
Ross Perot, asked why his family ranch was so remote, said, "Mule died."
Many reside in Bisbee AZ because that's where their cars crapped out..
I know a few places that manage to suck-in residents who can't escape.
Some of Albuquerque's population seems voluntary. How much isn't?

Meanwhile, Gooneyville er I mean Guerneville CA brags as the banana slug capitol of the US. But how many are squished when Dykes On Bikes roll in??

Oops, it's my cutoff time to eat before tomorrow's blood panels. Another tamale now. Coffee in the morning.

<<<< Sneaks in and makes coffee for the morning crowd.

I meant to be in bed hours ago but got on a writing jag. Around 4k words. :eek:

Post Troll exhaustion. I slept in and it looks like it's going to be beautiful this weekend. Sunny and cold says the forecast so I'm dragging someone out of bed in half an hour to go for a looooong morning run followed by breakfast out and some troll target practice. A nice relaxing morning..... with lots of coffee.

Oops, it's my cutoff time to eat before tomorrow's blood panels. Another tamale now. Coffee in the morning.

Fingers crossed.

Post Troll exhaustion. I slept in and it looks like it's going to be beautiful this weekend. Sunny and cold says the forecast so I'm dragging someone out of bed in half an hour to go for a looooong morning run followed by breakfast out and some troll target practice. A nice relaxing morning..... with lots of coffee.

I'd have thought getting back into bed for a relaxing. . . . <erm; lost for appropriate word>
would be superior to a loooong run.
PS. There's this character too close to my location who keeps muttering about millions of dollars and an arrangement he had with 'Chlo; you wouldn't know anything about that would you? I mean, I can get my rifle out of the cabinet at need. . . .

Time for more coffee.
It's the Boat Race this afternoon; feet up in front of TV seems likely.

I'd have thought getting back into bed for a relaxing. . . . <erm; lost for appropriate word> would be superior to a loooong run.
PS. There's this character too close to my location who keeps muttering about millions of dollars and an arrangement he had with 'Chlo; you wouldn't know anything about that would you? I mean, I can get my rifle out of the cabinet at need. . . .

Time for more coffee.

Not sure what the bounty arrangements are over their HP but throw out a lure or two, like fishing and then .. BLAM. That Holland & Holland should take it down nicely....

The run was great, the post run shower was great, the post shower interlude (insert music of choice) .... and now I have my coffee and I'm admiring the way my beloved handles a breakfast buffet. Destroying the profit margins is probably the most diplomatic description. Pigging out is how it's been described. He stays he needs to rebuild after a long run. I'm just smiling coz I didn't have to cook it all. The coffee is good too..... and after this, a little target practice and then ....hmmm. Maybe some spring shopping. It's too nice to stay inside today.

I'm just back from the garden center with a few cubic feet of "garden soil." I smell a bit like well-aged manure right now.

The sun says Spring is here but the cold wind decries it. The usual weekend stuff going on plus trying to submit stories I have lying around my hard drive to places that might actually pay for them . . . I hope.

The sun says Spring is here but the cold wind decries it. The usual weekend stuff going on plus trying to submit stories I have lying around my hard drive to places that might actually pay for them . . . I hope.

Good luck, MP. Being paid is a nice, practical motivation if you can get it.

We had a sunny morning and cloudy, breezy afternoon. The sun broke under the clouds just above the horizon, so at sunset we had a red/pink/orange world for a few minutes. There's still an intense red glow in the west, though the sun set ten minutes ago.

Last edited:
Good luck, MP. Being paid is a nice, practical motivation if you can get it.

We had a sunny morning and cloudy, breezy afternoon. The sun broke under the clouds just above the horizon, so at sunset we had a red/pink/orange world for a few minutes. There's still an intense red glow in the west, though the sun set ten minutes ago.

Thanks. :) I' ve made a little bit of money off my writing over the years but not much. It's not why I do it but it is a long term goal. I'd gladly accept some publishing credits to build my credentials that didn't pay, or only paid copies, right now.

Sounds lovely at sunset. We tend toward the strong purple and pink sunsets in good weather here.

Ah, the end of a weary day. A long scenic country drive to an imposing winery around Angels Camp (jumping-frog town) hosting a periodic health fair with deeply discounted fasting blood panels rescued by lovely deli sandwiches. A pause in the storm let us view our green Gold Country surroundings. Then, more rain, and slush, and hail, and snow, thin at first, then fat and fluffy, then settling down into a midsize inundation.

The right strings were in our post-office box this morning. When I regain strength, I'll string that taropatch and turn it into Mand'uke. Then I'll sing a song of woe because our planned after-Easter drive to New Orleans is off. Damn health issues. We might do shorter spins in the little RV until the next procedure. Afterwards, who knows?

We drove homeward this afternoon through increasing slush, as I said. We passed a church sporting a banner for EASTER but the obscured multicolor background masked the E so I first saw ASTER. Then I thought of painting-out the bottom bar of the E so it reads FASTER. Think of it. The Faster bunny. Faster egg hunts. But my fave draws on local evangelicals: SIERRA CHURCH - FASTER SERVICE. A drive-through?

Spring, the season of fertility rituals, may arrive sometime after Holy Week, but the weather has already pounded many blooming daffodils into pulp. Coffee, please.

Evening all.

It was cloudy when I woke up and it is still cloudy. No rain but no sun either. Spent most of the day writing. Got a lot done and a lot more planned out.

Fresh coffee for the later crows and a kettle for the people using alternative, uh, caffeine.

We are enjoying bright sunlight and +7C.
If I had a verandah, I'd sit on it and enjoy my morning coffee.

It's our wedding anniversary today. 46 years. We've survived that long of each other and are still friends.

It's also the morning after the clocks went forward. We spent an hour changing the collection of clocks and finding how much dust can accumulate on a clock in six months.

Now to make more coffee and get back to writing smut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back