The AH Coffee Shop and Reading Room 02: A Comma (is a Restful Pause)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fresh coffee for the morning crowd.

The wind is calm here but it is still cold. In the high teens the last time I looked.

Fresh coffee for the morning crowd.

The wind is calm here but it is still cold. In the high teens the last time I looked.

Oh Boy: Did we have some wind or what ?
Guess who's roof is now missing a couple of tiles, then ?
And now it's trying to rain. . . :(

Is there any coffee left, please ?
By the big mug-full please. I've been told that the repair to the roof will be about $700 (or thereabouts).

Last edited:
Oh Boy: Did we have some wind or what ?
Guess who's roof is now missing a couple of tiles, then ?
And now it's trying to rain. . . :(

My condolences. Early repairs are better than late repairs.

I don't know how cold it was at my house this morning. It was probably the coldest morning of the season. Officially it got down to 18F but it's often colder at my house. I had frost on the truck, and the dew point was about 12F.

It was cold enough to bother my frost-bitten fingers, even in the truck with gloves on. I've been in the office for 25 minutes or so and they still ache.

Thanks for the coffee, TX. We've warmed up quite a bit, hit -4 C this morning. Won't need the parka.

-4C? Is that like 25F or is my math off again?

It was 14f night before last and 18 last night. That ain't supposed to happen a hundred miles from the Gulf of Mexico. :eek: Normal for this time of year is 63f during the day and 45f at night.

Last edited:

It was 14f night before last and 18 last night. That ain't supposed to happen a hundred miles from the Gulf of Mexico. :eek: Normal for this time of year is 63f during the day and 45f at night.

Pretty much dead on with the temperature (24.8 F). We were -27 C two days ago (-17 F ; at -30 C=F). Warmer weather in the South means more dense Arctic air flowing south in the winter. Global warming brings the occasional local freezing.

Pretty much dead on with the temperature (24.8 F). We were -27 C two days ago (-17 F ; at -30 C=F). Warmer weather in the South means more dense Arctic air flowing south in the winter. Global warming brings the occasional local freezing.

What was that about Global Warming being a myth invented by scientists ?
I spoke to my Insurance people (who, as you might imagine, are Very Busy).
I now have the 'phone number for a useful bloke. . . .

Coffee - please !

We made it above freezing for a change. Most of the snow is gone which sounds nice but caused quite a bit of flooding.

One more hurdle to clear before surgery is a go. I'm ready.

The sun set about a half-hour ago and now the tiniest sliver of the moon is hanging over the fading sunset. It's kinda pretty.

Evening all,

"Useful Blokes" are good people to know. :D

A friend of mine tripped and fell during the night and broke her ankle. A few days later they did surgery to repair the break. Later, her doctor, a young man of about thirty, gave her two weeks bed rest. From what I hear, she told him, "Doc, come climb in my bed with me and we'll see just how much rest you'll get."

Kind of sounds like our own Lynn. :D

Fresh coffee and a hot kettle. The possibilities are endless.

Evening all,

"Useful Blokes" are good people to know. :D

A friend of mine tripped and fell during the night and broke her ankle. A few days later they did surgery to repair the break. Later, her doctor, a young man of about thirty, gave her two weeks bed rest. From what I hear, she told him, "Doc, come climb in my bed with me and we'll see just how much rest you'll get."

Kind of sounds like our own Lynn. :D

Fresh coffee and a hot kettle. The possibilities are endless.

I won't even try to deny that. :kiss::rose:

Morning HP,

Fresh coffee is available.

Supposed to be mid 50's today with 70 by Sunday. :eek:

One week normal and one week in the deep freeze. This ridiculous to say the least. When you make up your mind, make sure it is in favor of normal, please.

One week normal and one week in the deep freeze. This ridiculous to say the least. When you make up your mind, make sure it is in favor of normal, please.

The problem with asking for weather to be normal is that weather normally changes all the time.

We made it above freezing for a change. Most of the snow is gone which sounds nice but caused quite a bit of flooding.

One more hurdle to clear before surgery is a go. I'm ready.

Fingers Crossed,. Madam.:rose:

Morning HP,

Fresh coffee is available.

Supposed to be mid 50's today with 70 by Sunday. :eek:

According to those who study these things, we should make it as far up as +2C tomorrow, Saturday. Oh, and it's likely to be wet, too.
Deep joy and keep the coffee coming, PLEASE.

Just for you HP, fresh coffee and a kettle for later.

The rest of you can have at it also.

I need to drum up some more business for this place. Any suggestions beside spam? That is never on the menu.

I need to drum up some more business for this place. Any suggestions beside spam? That is never on the menu.

Spam? How about Chinese Takeout with coffee and donuts served by doe-eyed Chinese girls with swords and wearing black leather or something.

And now, caffeine, food, a new intel chip and on with the writing. Screw Your Roses is at 30k words and I still have a death metal gangbang and a couple of warm up sex scenes to go. But puking multi coloured chunks onto a hotel carpets been covered. And the revenge scene is done and I have All my Apache books now and you're written in, Tex. Only a couple of lines tho....

Last edited:

Vibrating bar stools and a firemen calendar for the ladies? Or maybe just a kittens calendar. Or maybe one with under dressed firemen playing with kittens.

Maybe a new sign on the door: "Groups Welcome."

Or maybe a daily specials. Start with deep fried bacon.

Last edited:

Free massages in the back? I could sure go for one.

Mustache rides, 25 cents.

I remembered that from a while ago and wrote it into Roses in a restaurant scene. Waitress taking orders from band members, asks what they want. First one says sit onmy face so she kicks his feet out. Drops him, sits on his face and bills him for one mustache ride (custom order).

So, Tex. I think there's a market here. 25 cents seems a little underpriced tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back